Celebrating the 10th anniversary of DanceDanceRevolution is an all new game, exclusively on the Nintendo Wii. Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party 2 features an entirely new soundtrack and new game modes.
Games - Slideshows
Sam & Max: Season One was released in mid-2007 on PC platforms, but until now there's been no hope for console players. With a release scheduled for Nintendo's Wii platform in late August, players will soon enough be able to experience the newest incarnation of the comedy adventure series that's been around for the last 15 years.
DC Comic fans everywhere rejoice, for time has come to step into the shoes of your favourite superhero. Join more than 28 heroes and 44 villains as you take part in the newest MMO game to hit the market, fighting against or alongside whichever character you choose. From the mind of comics genius Jim Lee, DC Universe Online brings the DC Comics universe to life in a video game where players will be able to explore a huge universe. The game will be available on PC and PS3, although no release date has been revealed.
Everyone's favourite farcical shooter is set to hit the Nintendo DS -- let the hilarious mayhem commence!
Now that E308 has concluded, the games revealed having been disseminated across the internet, now is the time to bitch and moan about the forgotten games that we didn't get to hear about at this year's show.
Following on from the success of Rock Band, Harmonix will soon release the sequel, Rock Band 2. With a soundtrack of more than 80 songs and backwards compatibility with songs from the original Rock Band, players can sing, drum, pluck or strum as they strive to become the best virtual band since Gorillaz. The game will even feature the song "Shackler's Revenge" from Guns N' Roses long-awaited album, Chinese Democracy. Rock Band 2 is set to launch on the Xbox 360 in September this year, but you'll have to wait a little longer for a release on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 2 and Nintendo Wii.
For once it doesn't matter whether you swear by the Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 or PC gaming. It's all here. Here's what caught our eye -- and what we wish we'd never laid eyes on -- at this year's E3 gaming expo in LA.
After a seven-year break, EA is planning to release a new version of Red Alert, one of the most loved and best-selling strategy games of all time.
Nintendo used its E3 keynote this year to demonstrate the progress the company has made with developing Wii Music. Nintendo revealed that the Wii Balance Board will be used to play the drums, and that players will be able to use more than 50 instruments. Release is currently slated for the end of the year.
Revolutionary: the only word to describe this first person platformer from EA DICE. In Mirror's Edge, players will take on the role of Faith, a 'runner' in a modern metropolis. Control Faith as she leaps, vaults, and climbs the gorgeous cityscapes around her. A game that could very well reinvent the platformer genre, Mirror's Edge is a title to keep an eye on.
Soulcalibur IV, despite the name, is the fifth game in the Soulcalibur arcade fighting series. As one of 36 characters - including Yoda and Darth Vader -- players once again step into the arena to do battle against each other. It will feature revamped graphics, several new characters, and Force-based abilities for Star Wars characters. Competitive online play is a first for the series, and is simply one of many improvements made to the franchise. The game is currently slated for release at the end of the month for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
The newest instalment in the popular Final Fantasy franchise, Final Fantasy XIII, is slowly taking form. Little is known about the game's storyline at present, but the game follows the same vein as its predecessors: an RPG with brilliant graphics and an immersive plot. Square Enix announced at E3 this year that the game will be released on both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, though no date has yet been set.
Today at E3 Microsoft announced a revamped dashboard for the Xbox 360, replacing that one the console shipped with. In the same vein as its competitor, the Nintendo Wii, the new dashboard will use a channel system to browse content. The interface will also integrate avatars, the Xbox 360's version of the Wii's Miis. The avatars, designed by Rare Interactive, will be able to socialise with other Xbox Live members and help create a player identity. No release date is yet known for the Xbox 360 update.
The console mascot everyone loves, Mario, is heading to yet another sports arena in an effort to draw the kiddies away from their Xbox 360s and PlayStation 3s. Mario Super Sluggers sees Mario and the gang head to the baseball field in yet another sports-related character-based game reminiscent of Mario Strikers Charged. Forty two characters slug it out on nine different fields as they battle to see who the best baseball player is. The game was released on the Wii in Japan last month, and is expected to have a local release later this year.
On gaming's biggest stage, these eight figures fell on their faces.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dead Rising 4 impressions: 'Tis the season to BBQ zombies with your flaming sword
- This week in games: Free Titanfall 2 weekend, Star Wars Battlefront meets Rogue One
- Every new game revealed at The Game Awards 2016, from Guardians of the Galaxy to Zelda
- Watch Dogs 2 PC impressions: A smooth-running romp through meme-filled San Francisco
- Hearthstone fans now have a dedicated Skype chat room to challenge its best players
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- FTIT EngineerNSW
- CCPMO Quality Officer - Major NSW GovernmentNSW
- CCTelecommunication Operations Specialist - Hobart/LauncestonTAS
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCProject Management - Infrastructure projectsVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - Large Site relocation projectNSW
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- CCWindows Systems Engineer - AD, VMware, RedHat experienceNSW
- FTSenior Software EngineerWA
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)NSW
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperVIC
- CCSolution Designer - MulesoftVIC
- CCTechnical Application Specialist (Cerner)QLD
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerQLD
- FTUI DeveloperVIC
- CCERP LeadWA
- CCService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceNSW
- FTHead of User ResearchNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT