Continuing the groundbreaking first-person shooter series, Wolfenstein pits players against the Nazi war machine, which is engaging in occult experiments. As B.J. Blazkowicz, players must attempt to obliterate the Nazi army and thwart its attempts at global domination. Wolfenstein is built on the same id Tech 4 engine used in Doom 3. At present, the game doesn't have a release date, but it will be released on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.
Games - Slideshows
We've already shown you what Bethesda's take on the state of the world in the year 2277 is like. You've already seen the devastation, decrepit scenery and mutants. Well, there's now more to see. Recently released on to the Internet, these new shots show some of the gameplay mechanics of Fallout 3 -- creature hit zones and dialogue -- as well as landscapes, scenery and scenes of combat. The game's release date is October 3, but it won't be released in Australia unless a toned-down version is approved by the OFLC.
The Soul Calibur franchise has made its mark outside of arcades, due in large part to the console-specific cameo characters. It worked with Link and Spawn, and the newest iteration is gathering acclaim for the inclusion of Vader and Yoda. With the popularity of digital downloads, however, the prospect of adding even more beloved characters is entirely possible. Here are 12 famous gaming, movie, and comic book characters that would fit the fighting franchise perfectly.
The popular NFL game series from EA Sports is back with its 20th anniversary instalment.
The eighth instalment in the popular football video game franchise, Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 is the latest creation to come out of Konami.
FIFA 09 is the latest instalment of EA Sports' popular football video game and the new version includes more than 250 improvements in core game play.
The PlayStation 2 is almost 10 years old, but the platform hasn't aged a bit and remains the best-selling console to date. Even with the PlayStation 3 being out for nearly two years, its predecessor is still being played today with titles that are still relevant and worth playing. Here is the definitive list of the 36 must-own games for the PS2.
Introversion, the purveyors of 2D stickman mayhem are back with a multiplayer sequel to their retro action puzzler; Darwinia. The new game will feature six separate game modes, including King of the Hill (occupy key zones around a map to score points) and Capture the Statue (lift and carry stone idols to the required zone while fighting off enemy players). Multiwinia promises to retain the same mix of humour, addictiveness and trippy environments that made the original game so popular. For a glimpse at some of the latest screen shots, check out the following slideshow.
The original Geometry Wars was best known as a mini-game available from the Xbox Live Arcade for the Xbox 360. The next incarnation -- predictably enough called Geometry Wars 2 -- offers new gameplay styles and even prettier graphics. It's as yet unknown when the game will be released, but rest assured it'll be confined to the Xbox 360. Check out the slideshows to take a peek at humanity's pixelated future!
The fifth installation in a successful series, God of War III once again follows the path of Spartan Kratos as he proves himself to the gods of Olympus in an attempt become a God of War. Details remain sketchy on the game at present, but it is believed the game will bring the series' story to an end. The game is the first in the series to be developed natively for PlayStation 3. The game is currently slated for exclusive release on the PlayStation 3 in 2009.
Wii Sports Resort is the latest first-party title to come out of Nintendo with a clear focus on the family and non-gamers. Using the recently announced Wii MotionPlus accessory, players will be able to participate in up to 10 different sports with 1:1 motion accuracy. At present, Nintendo has only announced Frisbee, Jet Skiing and Fencing as sports to be included in the title. The game is currently slated for a spring 2009 release on the Nintendo Wii.
Based on the action movie Wanted, this shooter continues straight where the film left off. Featuring an all-new cover system and a targeting system called Assassin Time, Wanted is one of the most anticipated shooter launches of 2008. As Wesley Gibson, you will be introduced to a new life and wield powers that you never knew existed. This third-person shooter will feature iconic moves from the film including curving bullets. Set for release in late 2008, check out the latest screenshots of Wanted!
<i>TRANSFORMERS Animated</i> is a new action-adventure game based on the Cartoon Network's animated television series. Made exclusively for Nintendo DS consoles, it will challenge players to defeat the evil Decepticons while battling it out on a futuristic Detroit highway. With teamwork-based puzzles, racing challenges and a full roster of playable Autobots, it might just erase memories of the painfully bad <i>Transformers: The Game</I> movie tie-in. For the first batch of screenshots, check out the following slideshow.
Celebrating the 10th anniversary of DanceDanceRevolution is an all new game, exclusively on the Nintendo Wii. Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party 2 features an entirely new soundtrack and new game modes.
Sam & Max: Season One was released in mid-2007 on PC platforms, but until now there's been no hope for console players. With a release scheduled for Nintendo's Wii platform in late August, players will soon enough be able to experience the newest incarnation of the comedy adventure series that's been around for the last 15 years.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- This week in games: Diablo 4 whispers, Civilization VI launch
- The Nintendo Switch is a radical mash-up of consoles and gaming handhelds
- Tobii's new eye tracker adds head tracking with an emphasis on PC games
- Halo Wars 2 hands-on preview: Blitz mode's thrilling twists could trigger an RTS revival
- The Xbox One's first email app is here, and it's not Outlook
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- CCWebSphere Portal AdministratorNSW
- CCApplication Performance Test Lead/ArchitectQLD
- CCSecurity Architect (Big Data / Cloud) Finance Contract Sydney CBDNSW
- FTIntegration Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCDigital Producer - 3 Month Contract Immediate Start!NSW
- CCAccounts Payable/Contract Officer- NSW Government backgroundNSW
- CCBPM ConsultantNSW
- CCProject Manager/Scrum MasterNSW
- TPAgile Coach. Business AgilityNSW
- TPSenior Helpdesk OfficerACT
- TPICT Security SpecialistQLD
- FTMULTIPLE PERM PROJECT MANAGERSACT
- CCSolution Architect - BRISBANE BASEDNSW
- CCWeb Content EditorQLD
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - HKMAAsia
- TPEDRMS Project ManagerVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectVIC
- TPSenior Software EngineerQLD
- FTSoftware DeveloperQLD
- CCUX LeadNSW
- FTMultiple Permanent Project Manager rolesACT
- CCPerformance AnalystNSW
- TPGIS OfficerQLD