The Soul Calibur franchise has made its mark outside of arcades, due in large part to the console-specific cameo characters. It worked with Link and Spawn, and the newest iteration is gathering acclaim for the inclusion of Vader and Yoda. With the popularity of digital downloads, however, the prospect of adding even more beloved characters is entirely possible. Here are 12 famous gaming, movie, and comic book characters that would fit the fighting franchise perfectly.
The popular NFL game series from EA Sports is back with its 20th anniversary instalment.
The eighth instalment in the popular football video game franchise, Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 is the latest creation to come out of Konami.
FIFA 09 is the latest instalment of EA Sports' popular football video game and the new version includes more than 250 improvements in core game play.
The PlayStation 2 is almost 10 years old, but the platform hasn't aged a bit and remains the best-selling console to date. Even with the PlayStation 3 being out for nearly two years, its predecessor is still being played today with titles that are still relevant and worth playing. Here is the definitive list of the 36 must-own games for the PS2.
Introversion, the purveyors of 2D stickman mayhem are back with a multiplayer sequel to their retro action puzzler; Darwinia. The new game will feature six separate game modes, including King of the Hill (occupy key zones around a map to score points) and Capture the Statue (lift and carry stone idols to the required zone while fighting off enemy players). Multiwinia promises to retain the same mix of humour, addictiveness and trippy environments that made the original game so popular. For a glimpse at some of the latest screen shots, check out the following slideshow.
The original Geometry Wars was best known as a mini-game available from the Xbox Live Arcade for the Xbox 360. The next incarnation -- predictably enough called Geometry Wars 2 -- offers new gameplay styles and even prettier graphics. It's as yet unknown when the game will be released, but rest assured it'll be confined to the Xbox 360. Check out the slideshows to take a peek at humanity's pixelated future!
The fifth installation in a successful series, God of War III once again follows the path of Spartan Kratos as he proves himself to the gods of Olympus in an attempt become a God of War. Details remain sketchy on the game at present, but it is believed the game will bring the series' story to an end. The game is the first in the series to be developed natively for PlayStation 3. The game is currently slated for exclusive release on the PlayStation 3 in 2009.
Wii Sports Resort is the latest first-party title to come out of Nintendo with a clear focus on the family and non-gamers. Using the recently announced Wii MotionPlus accessory, players will be able to participate in up to 10 different sports with 1:1 motion accuracy. At present, Nintendo has only announced Frisbee, Jet Skiing and Fencing as sports to be included in the title. The game is currently slated for a spring 2009 release on the Nintendo Wii.
Based on the action movie Wanted, this shooter continues straight where the film left off. Featuring an all-new cover system and a targeting system called Assassin Time, Wanted is one of the most anticipated shooter launches of 2008. As Wesley Gibson, you will be introduced to a new life and wield powers that you never knew existed. This third-person shooter will feature iconic moves from the film including curving bullets. Set for release in late 2008, check out the latest screenshots of Wanted!
<i>TRANSFORMERS Animated</i> is a new action-adventure game based on the Cartoon Network's animated television series. Made exclusively for Nintendo DS consoles, it will challenge players to defeat the evil Decepticons while battling it out on a futuristic Detroit highway. With teamwork-based puzzles, racing challenges and a full roster of playable Autobots, it might just erase memories of the painfully bad <i>Transformers: The Game</I> movie tie-in. For the first batch of screenshots, check out the following slideshow.
Celebrating the 10th anniversary of DanceDanceRevolution is an all new game, exclusively on the Nintendo Wii. Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party 2 features an entirely new soundtrack and new game modes.
Sam & Max: Season One was released in mid-2007 on PC platforms, but until now there's been no hope for console players. With a release scheduled for Nintendo's Wii platform in late August, players will soon enough be able to experience the newest incarnation of the comedy adventure series that's been around for the last 15 years.
DC Comic fans everywhere rejoice, for time has come to step into the shoes of your favourite superhero. Join more than 28 heroes and 44 villains as you take part in the newest MMO game to hit the market, fighting against or alongside whichever character you choose. From the mind of comics genius Jim Lee, DC Universe Online brings the DC Comics universe to life in a video game where players will be able to explore a huge universe. The game will be available on PC and PS3, although no release date has been revealed.
Everyone's favourite farcical shooter is set to hit the Nintendo DS -- let the hilarious mayhem commence!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
- Review - Total War: Warhammer
- Total War: Warhammer DirectX 12 performance preview: Radeon reigns supreme
- Microsoft brings Halo 5's map editor to Windows 10 for free, but stays quiet about Halo 5
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- CCiOS Developer x 2NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 160519/AP/453Asia
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, ReportingNSW
- FTSecurity Software EngineerACT
- CCTIBCO Integration ConsultantVIC
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCPEGA Developer / ConfigurerACT
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Java Developer / Technical LeadACT
- CCDevOps Software Configuration ManagerACT
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- FTPermanent Defence network engineer - career progression & flexible conditionsACT
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Automation & Performance EngineerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254Asia
- CCApplication System EngineerACT
- CCTechnical Solutions Specialist - Software Developer (Client facing)NSW