The first half of the year is a great time to be a gamer. This is the time for big-budget, blockbuster games that publishers pushed beyond the holidays to avoid colliding with other major titles (such as Call of Duty), as well as for cool independently developed titles that fill the gaps in a slow release calendar. Here are the best games of 2012--so far.
From space to Rio, the Angry Birds game seems to be out to conquer the world
We look at what we predicted to be six of 2011's biggest potential gaming disappointments and whether our predictions came true or not
To commemorate the upcoming release of the Transformers: Fall of Cybertron video game by Activision Blizzard, toymaker and owner of the Transformer license, Hasbro, is planning to release toys based on characters in the game.
The Sydney Gamers League (SGL) recently held its LAN event at Rosehill Gardens Exhibition Center in Sydney.
Sony held it's PS Vita launch party in Sydney... on a barge no less.
Electronic Arts got in the grand slam mood for the launch of the latest tennis game in its EA Sports line-up, Grand Slam Tennis 2.
We take a look inside the box of the PlayStation Vita, which was recently launched in Japan.
Following the integration of GamePro content into the PC World website in December 2010, the PC World team has expanded its focus to covering the latest video game industry experts, in addition to reviewing the most recently-released gaming titles.
Deciding what to buy friends and loved ones gifts for Christmas is never easy, but there are plenty of little gizmos to choose from if they are technically-minded. We've put together a little list of what we think would make useful and interesting gifts, from portable speakers to iPhone apps, from vinyl-to-MP3 rippers to phone-controlled helicopters -- we've tried to keep the mix as eclectic as possible.
Even though solid information is still light on the ground, Rockstar is teasing us with a few more screenshots from Max Payne 3. From what we can see there's flashes of new world and old -- the screenshots show old-school Max as a leather-jacket-toting detective as well as a Hawaiian-shirted vigilante (we're guessing in Sao Paolo, Brazil). Check them out.
If you're stuck at work until 5PM, and can't get home to play Portal 2 -- even if you've got an early copy -- feast your eyes on a couple of screenshots from the game's first 10 minutes. We put ourselves through the strenuous exercise of playing the game mere seconds after it was released, purely for your sake: you'll get to see the game's opening scenes, as well as a few snippets from some early test chambers.
The Apple iPad 2 improves on the original iPad with more processing and graphics power, and some nifty features like a built-in gyroscope and accelerometer. The best way to show off these new features is by playing a bunch of fun games — we've put together a list of the top 10 titles to show off your iPad 2. Make anyone with an original iPad jealous, and convince your tablet-less friends to pick one up!
It's official -- get ready for more pill-popping, shell-dropping, motion-stopping Max Payne. We've grabbed some in-game screenshots of the still-being-produced Max Payne 3 off Rockstar, so enjoy.
2011 is promising some pretty impressive gaming titles, but will they be everything they're vaunted to be? We've picked out six titles we think will disappoint gamers this year. We're not saying they won't be good -- but we don't think they'll be as good as they're being hyped up to be, whether it's by marketers or by rabid fanboy gamers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Steam updates user reviews to better reflect trends
- Valve cleverly battles Steam cheaters with two-factor authentication
- Minecraft steps into virtual reality as Samsung Gear VR Edition appears in Oculus Store
- Corsair's K70 RGP Rapidfire features new gaming-focused Cherry MX switches
- EVE Valkyrie's new Carrier Assault mode will fulfill your Millennium Falcon dreams
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/JAVA/Oracle) 160504/SA/vtdAsia
- CCProgram Technical Director- Migration to SAP HR PayrollNSW
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCICT Transformation Project Manager- University, Education bckgNSW
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Workforce ManagementVIC
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCL3 - Network Design and Support EngineerNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCDesktop Engineer, renewable contractAsia
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCSAP HR & Payroll consultant - July STARTACT
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW