An HDTV is just a TV with a pretty picture until you add a few important accoutrements. The dozen add-ons shown here will greatly enhance your HDTV watching experience.
Games - Slideshows
The latest addition to KOEI’s hack-n’-slash action/adventure series is coming to Window-based computers and PlayStation 2. Based on the epic novel, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, the game depicts the massive battles ignited by the fall of the Han Dynasty when three rebellious states moved to overthrow the Emperor of China.
Made for Nintendo’s handheld DS gaming system, Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia is a unique action-adventure game that uses the touch-screen capabilities of the DS to control an item called the Capture Styler in-game.
TNA iMPACT! is the highly anticipated video game based on the professional wrestling brand
X³: Terran Conflict is a brand new standalone game set in the universe of X³. It is the culmination of the X trilogy. Players will be able to explore a larger universe than that found in X3: The Reunion, as well as have access to new ships and new weapons. The game is headed to the PC in September.
More imagery has surfaced of Halo Wars — the latest game in a line of blockbusters started by the massively popular Halo on the original Xbox. The real-time strategy game will feature human and Covenant forces and is set 20 years before the original Halo game. There’s no release date set yet, so sate your hunger with these latest shots!
More than two years after its release in both China and Japan, the 11th instalment in the Romance of the Three Kingdoms series is receiving an official English translation, heading to the PC in a few weeks. The game, which combines real-time strategy with 3-D arcade combat, follows the events of the famous novel by the same name. Players can assume the role of up to 100 different types of officer as they re-enact events in China during the 2nd and 3rd centuries AD. Rendered in vivid ink styling, the game is a testament to Chinese art and history. The English version is currently slated for a 9 September release on the PC.
It’s been a long time coming, but the wait is… not over yet. Set to be released some time in 2009, Diablo 3 is the sequel to the massively popular Diablo and Diablo 2 games on the PC platform. Stunning graphics set the game apart from its ancestors; gameplay is reportedly much the same. The Diablo series has sold more than 18.5 million copies worldwide -- so why move away from a winning combination? Check out these latest screenshots for some gameplay with the Barbarian and Witchdoctor characters.
Ever since E3 2005 (and that headline-grabbing trailer), Killzone 2 has been one of the most hotly anticipated games for the PlayStation 3.
Mafia II is the forthcoming sequel to Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven and it is being developed by 2K Czech.
The eighth game in the popular Tomb Raider series, Underworld allows players to return as Lara Croft as she explores archaeological ruins armed with guns (surprise!). Croft’s movements have been entirely motion-captured, and dynamic, physics-based environments react to her actions. The game is currently slated for a late November release on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Nintendo DS, PlayStation 2, Nintendo Wii and PC.
Flock is a downloadable video game available on the PlayStation Network, Xbox Live Arcade and for the PC. In the game, players control a UFO for the purpose of abducting and herding sheep back to the 'Mother Flocker' control ship. It’s due to be released in December.
Next week, Sony Computer Entertainment Australia will release its new PlayStation 3 (PS3) 80GB model in retail stores nationwide. The new model will replace the current 40GB version and comes bundled with a DUALSHOCK 3 Controller. For a glimpse at the new hardware (and a crop of hilarious ‘lifestyle’ shots), check out the following slideshow.
Acer has launched a funky-looking gaming PC
Eidos Interactive has just announced a new Batman action-adventure game for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 -- and we have all the latest screenshots!
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Star Citizen dumps DirectX 12 plans to focus on Vulkan-powered graphics
- Dungeons and Dragons ditches pen and paper with D&D Beyond
- Exclusive no more: PlayStation 4 games are coming to the PC via PlayStation Now
- Adding video apps like Netflix to the Nintendo Switch is a waste of Nintendo's energy
- You can download Nintendo's Fire Emblem Heroes for iOS and Android today
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCVirtualisation Engineer - IP NetworksVIC
- CCPega DeveloperNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FT.net Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- FTNetwork Security AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)WA
- FTTest Advert Software EngineerSA
- FTSenior .Net Developer (Silverlight)VIC
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTOracle Forms PL/SQL Analyst ProgrammerQLD
- CCVMWare Automation ArchitectACT
- CCIT Business Analyst - UX DesignNSW
- CCPMO Analyst - Financial ServicesNSW
- CCTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- TPIT Project ManagerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Designer / ArchitectVIC
- FTSolutions Architects - 10 roles availableACT
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- FTTechnology Portfolio Investment AnalystQLD
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)VIC
- FTSenior Functional Consultant - Data Analytics - TelcoVIC
- FTWeb Developer/ReportsNSW
- CCService Desk Analyst - TelcoTAS