With every movie getting multi-million dollar game adaptations, a few action movies didn't get a fair shake in videogames. Here are 11 action heroes that deserved better.
Games - Slideshows
Saints Row 2 continues the gun-toting, car-crashing, mean-street-walking character of the original game, but now in a city with even more cars and guns to enjoy.
To the shock of many, a video game tie-in to the popular Hell’s Kitchen TV series has been rated PG.
Everyone’s (second) favourite retractable-armed hero is back after a 20-year hiatus. Inspector Gadget lawsuit pending
The sequel to EA’s Tony Hawk challenger is due to hit the pavement early next year. With double the moves and tricks -- both on and off the board -- it promises to be one of the most realistic skate games yet.
Metal Gear Solid 4 is the game that changed everything we thought we knew about video games. Joining Old Snake for yet another mission in MGS4 is a life changing experience, and it's filled with hours of awesome moments -- Raiden's rematch with Vamp, Metal Gear Rex facing off against the superior Metal Gear Ray, Snake's last fistfight with Liquid Ocelot, and many more. With the help of our MGS4 photo album, we're bringing you the 44 greatest moments in this epic title.
Nintendo's most popular home console since the 16-bit era is providing some amazing new gameplay experiences. Here's 28 games no Wii fan should miss.
If you can't beat Nintendo, plagiarise them! These 8 games tried to capture the magic of Miis with generic alternatives, but failed.
Gamecock's Pirates vs. Ninjas Dodgeball became available from Xbox Live Arcade on 3 September.
The Godfather II is a new action-strategy game produced by Paramount Digital Entertainment and Electronic Arts. Inspired by the film and Mario Puzo’s Corleone family drama, it allows players to build a vast criminal empire across Florida, Cuba and New York. For all the latest screenshots, check out the following slideshow.
Designed for the Xbox 360 by Conspiracy Entertainment, SBK: Superbike World Championship is a motorsports race along challenging tracks. The game features super-realistic close-up shots of racing hardware and riders for a more immersive experience. It doesn’t have a release date yet so pass the time by checking out these screenshots!
Expanding on the popular MMORPG Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar, the Mines of Moria allows players into the abandoned dwarven mines to find the enemies lurking in the darkness.
Beyond Gaming and Internet Cafe in Sydney has partnered with 3D Motion to give punters the chance to experience true 3-D gaming. The monitors use auto stereoscopic technology, which allows users to view 3-D images without having to don daggy glasses.
Scheduled for release in early 2010, Bayonetta is an interesting action game that promises to “blow the doors off the action genre”
The sequel to the shoot-'em-up Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction, Mercenaries 2: World in Flames heightens the excitement of destroying the environment around you with improved physics, fire effects and overall graphics. Players assume the role of one of three mercenaries as they become a part of a war for power, oil and money in Venezuela. With sandbox-style gameplay and destructible surroundings, players have the chance to ally with any of the factions taking part in the war. The game is currently slated for a 5 September release on PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC.
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
Google Daydream VR headset
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 3 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 4 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 5 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Legendary RPG Planescape: Torment is getting an Enhanced Edition, 17 years later
- Sony's PlayStation 4 Pro finally adds 4K video support for local files
- StarCraft Remastered updates a legend with 4K widescreen support, updated audio, and more
- Obduction's new VR hand-tracking makes Myst's spiritual successor even more stunning
- Star Citizen dumps DirectX 12 plans to focus on Vulkan-powered graphics
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- Subaru XV 2017 review
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTFull Stack Software DeveloperQLD
- TPGIS Resource Data & TestingQLD
- TPIT Service Desk AnalystVIC
- FTContracts ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- FTJava Developer - Short team Contract @ CanberraACT
- FTService Desk Consultant - Entry Level / GraduateNSW
- FTSales/Account Manager - Education SectorNSW
- CCDB2 System ProgrammerVIC
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- CCHyperion SpecialistQLD
- TPTechnical ArchitectVIC
- FTHadoop Service AdministratorNSW
- CCCloud Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- CCSAP FICO ConsultantWA
- FTJava Developer - Short team Contract @ CanberraVIC
- FTSAP HR Functional ConsultantQLD
- CCApplication PackagerNSW
- FTWorkforce AnalystNSW
- FTMonitoring Tools Support l NimSoft , SMARTS, ehealth, TivoliNSW
- CCIT Project Scheduler- Port MacquarieQLD
- CCIT Business Analyst - UX DesignNSW
- FTIT Business Process Analyst x 3 - (government background)NSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD