Based on the animated series with the same name, the Afro Samurai video game follows the titular character in his travels. The character is voiced by none other than Samuel Jackson, while the game features a novel cel-shading style to make it appear like a moving comic book. The game will appear on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in early 2009
With three Spider-Man games already under its belt, Treyarch takes a different tack with Spider-Man: Web of Shadows. Rather than relying on the film franchise or more recent comic books, Web of Shadows harkens back to the classic Marvel universe, utilising the characters and world that seasoned Spider-Man fans have come to know and love. Players take control of Spider-Man as he joins with fellow heroes and villains to fight against Venom’s latest attack on New York City. The game is slated for release on 21 October this year, heading to the Nintendo DS, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PSP, Xbox 360, Wii and PC.
These five games were refused classification by Australia’s classification board, the OFLC. Thanks to the lack of a mature R18+ rating in Australia, these games were either modified to a watered-down content level or pulled from sale altogether.
Precious childhood memories can often be destroyed by modern remakes, reinterpretations and sequels -- yeah, we're looking at you George Lucas.
A full year after its release in the US, Rock Band is finally on its way to Australian shores. But it’s not alone.
Nintendo’s newest handheld console release is the DSi, an upgrade to the hugely successful DS Lite, which appeared on the market in 2006. The DSi is slightly thinner than its predecessor, with a 3.25in screen compared to the DS Lite’s 3in display.
It's the granddaddy of all consoles. It defines gaming culture.
With the launch of the latest instalment of the most popular football game on the planet this week, FIFA 09, we thought it would be appropriate to look back on some earlier versions of the franchise. Since FIFA International Soccer was launched in Christmas 1993, the franchise has gone from strength to strength. We take you on a trip down memory lane with screenshots from every FIFA title since 2001!
Far Cry 2 is the latest first person shooter from Ubisoft Montreal.
Microsoft's next-gen console has a truckload of games, a winning online formula with Xbox Live, and a controller that rests easy in your palms for hours on end.
Blasting its way onto the PlayStation 3 next May, inFamous follows the trials and tribulations of Cole, an Empire City resident who wakes after an earthquake to find his city in ruins.
With every movie getting multi-million dollar game adaptations, a few action movies didn't get a fair shake in videogames. Here are 11 action heroes that deserved better.
Saints Row 2 continues the gun-toting, car-crashing, mean-street-walking character of the original game, but now in a city with even more cars and guns to enjoy.
To the shock of many, a video game tie-in to the popular Hell’s Kitchen TV series has been rated PG.
Everyone’s (second) favourite retractable-armed hero is back after a 20-year hiatus. Inspector Gadget lawsuit pending
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Craig Wright backpedals, refusing to prove he's Bitcoin creator Satoshi Nakamoto
- Steam updates user reviews to better reflect trends
- Valve cleverly battles Steam cheaters with two-factor authentication
- Minecraft steps into virtual reality as Samsung Gear VR Edition appears in Oculus Store
- Corsair's K70 RGP Rapidfire features new gaming-focused Cherry MX switches
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- FTApplication Manager | Telco IndustryVIC
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- CCUAT Test AnalystWA
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Writer - Sydney BasedNSW
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- CCProject Support CoordinatorQLD