The first-person shooter genre is oversaturated, and, moreover, virtually every publisher out there has dedicated big money to coming up with a blockbuster FPS, so it's oversaturated with quality.
A deep space setting, a brooding ambience and gruesome arachnid foes; Dead Space ticked all the boxes for fans of horror games. Two years and two prequels later, Visceral Games has brought forth Dead Space 2 as a direct sequel to the game that launch...
Drama is an indelible aspect of popular sports, and boxing is no exception. Whether a fight serves a metaphor for our times and the world around us -- such as when Joe Louis toppled Max Schmeling amidst the chaotic lead-up to World War II -- or the c...
Bulletstorm is a strange bird in the world of shooters. It chooses to violently wag its middle finger at the superserious shooter that's inundated the first-person-shooter market, offering a bit of levity among its doom-and-gloom-drenched brethren. T...
When we got the chance to play around with the Nintendo 3DS at [[artnid:376017|its Australian launch]], we had mixed thoughts about its 3D capabilities. It's the most advanced and most well-rounded product Nintendo's released to date, though, and we'...
It was interesting to see the fan reaction to the pre-launch marketing push for Dead Space 2; the universal sentiment surrounding the trailers and first-look screenshots seemed to be, "It doesn't look as scary as the first one," and that apparently w...
To the inhabitants of the Disgaea universe, the Prinny isn't a creature held in high regard. And why would it be? According to the series' mythology, these highly-combustible penguin-like creatures are what evil-doers become once they die and pass on...
There was a time when I was wildly hooked on a little game you may have heard of: World of Warcraft. I played it on a daily basis, forgoing meals and a decent amount of sleep just to spend more time with the game.
In some ways, I wish I had waited for the PS3 port of Mass Effect 2 before introducing myself to the Mass Effect universe. It would have been a longer wait, but it also would have saved me a good 15 hours of playing the original game.
As its name suggests, the GameBox is the official emulator of the old late 1980's, advanced-for-its-time NEC TurboGrafx-16 games console, which was also known as the PC Engine in Japan and Europe. The App is a free download, but if you want to play a...
The FIFA series is by far the biggest-selling sports game franchise around the world.
Calling do-overs is usually the last resort of a sore loser, but the main character in Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective has plenty to be sore about in only the first three minutes of gameplay: Shot dead in a junkyard for reasons unknown, with absolutel...
There's a scene in the film Across the Universe where Dr. Robert (played by Bono) goes to visit Dr. Geary, a fellow hippie guru, and says, "What's weird is, we haven't met yet -- on this, or any other plane."
In a nutshell, Kingdom Hearts Re:coded is a remake of the 2008 Japan-exclusive episodic mobile title "Kingdom Hearts coded," albeit rebuilt from the ground up for the Nintendo DS. While both games cover the same narrative threads, Re:coded benefits f...
Dead Rising 2: Case Zero was one of 2010's unlikeliest success stories. What many originally perceived to be nothing more than a glorified demo ended up becoming a sales juggernaut that cunningly served as a selling tool for the retail version of Dea...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Powerful gaming PC backpacks are becoming a thing as VR craze swells
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
- Review - Total War: Warhammer
- Total War: Warhammer DirectX 12 performance preview: Radeon reigns supreme
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA
- CCSoftware Engineer (Client facing) - Publisher SolutionsNSW
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical Specialist - IP Network Design - Juniper MXNSW
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- CCTest Analyst / Test LeadNSW
- CCCCB & MDM ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- CCDevOps Software Configuration ManagerACT
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC
- CCInfrastructure and Cloud Project ManagerVIC
- CCExcel DeveloperVIC
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- CCChange Manager - SAP FinanceNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Integration Solution ManagementVIC
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCOperations Systems Support ManagerNSW
- CCSoftware DevelopersACT
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Systems EngineerACT
- CCSenior Oracle Systems SpecialistNSW