I genuinely don’t think Valve predicted the mammoth success Portal would achieve. Squeezing the game between two renowned titles and releasing it in The Orange Box|Best games round-up was a hint. The single player puzzle-platformer from 2007 left suc...
Time to admit something quite embarrassing: I've never played Portal.
Dynasty Warriors 7 is a brilliant game. It's a confident step forward in the franchise for Tecmo Koei and Omega Force, condensing the core franchise values into a package that is elegant in execution and eminently playable.
Yakuza 4 is the first game in the series I've played. For whatever reason, until now the games have passed me by -- perhaps in part because I wasn't as gripped by its spiritual predecessor, Shenmue, as others.
Stealthy spy games should be all kinds of awesome on the 3DS. From creeping around in the dark to sniping unaware guards from a mile off, the 3D effect should heighten the immersion greatly. Unfortunately, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3D doesn't quite ...
Forget Nintendogs, forget Pilot Wings. The Nintendo 3DS launch title that you really should be buying into is Samurai Warriors Chronicles. It's a spectacular effort that makes brilliant use of all of the 3DS' unique features, and brings them together...
The Nintendo 3DS already has a cult classic on its hands. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars seems destined to fly under the radar. It makes minimal use of any of the 3DS' unique features, so it may not strike people as quite as interesting as som...
The Nintendo 3DS is not a revolutionary console, but with a sturdy design and a 3D effect that does indeed work, it's a gadget that will no doubt be hugely successful.
It's been a long time since a FPS game really clicked with me. Years ago, I enjoyed some of the classics such as Medal of Honor Frontline and the original Aliens vs. Predator. Since then, for various reasons, I've been uncomfortable with the directio...
Dragon Age 2 is not Dragon Age. It seems like an obvious truism, but given the backlash Bioware's sequel has suffered, it is a statement that people seem to need reminding of.
Rain hammers down on the streets of New York City's Times Square. Upturned police cruisers spit fire into the night as the top half of a giant skyscraper lay crushed over the back of an 18-wheeler. A NYC police station is a few feet from my location,...
It's almost exactly five years since The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion was released. But fans of the Elder Scrolls series -- and it has a lot of fans -- have almost eight months still to wait until the next part of the series is released. The Elder Scro...
As a games critic, there are a few 'kisses of death' that will kill your credibility pretty quickly. There's accepting bribes for good reviews, accidentally confusing Mario and Sonic, and giving a Warriors game a positive review.
Alien Breed is a franchise that's been around for a long time, and, really, it's the kind of game that will always have an audience. Shooting Aliens in confined corridors is a visceral thrill -- after all, that's what has kept the Aliens movie franch...
Many hold BioWare as the pinnacle of role-playing game design. They've crafted masterpieces in both licensed worlds (Baldur's Gate II, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic) and in universes of their own design (Dragon Age: Origin, Mass Effect).
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
- Review - Total War: Warhammer
- Total War: Warhammer DirectX 12 performance preview: Radeon reigns supreme
- Microsoft brings Halo 5's map editor to Windows 10 for free, but stays quiet about Halo 5
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- FTFunctional Business Analyst Dynamic AXNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCData Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECCNSW
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- CCSr. Windows Server Administrator- Financial Institution BckgNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT
- FTLinux System EngineersNSW
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- CCScrum MasterACT
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCSolutions Architect - SAP HANAQLD
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst, SuperannuationNSW