While we wait for Lego Pirates of the Caribbean (which we all know is going to be all kinds of awesome), Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars will have to do. It's not a terrible game by any means, but it also hasn't done a whole lot to update the form...
3D does a strange thing to the Sims' core gameplay. It turns it from an amusing little lifestyle sim to a voyeuristic window; the 3DS' 'inward looking' variety of 3D creates an intimate window into your virtual person's life. It's a workmanlike title...
I genuinely don’t think Valve predicted the mammoth success Portal would achieve. Squeezing the game between two renowned titles and releasing it in The Orange Box|Best games round-up was a hint. The single player puzzle-platformer from 2007 left suc...
Time to admit something quite embarrassing: I've never played Portal.
Dynasty Warriors 7 is a brilliant game. It's a confident step forward in the franchise for Tecmo Koei and Omega Force, condensing the core franchise values into a package that is elegant in execution and eminently playable.
Yakuza 4 is the first game in the series I've played. For whatever reason, until now the games have passed me by -- perhaps in part because I wasn't as gripped by its spiritual predecessor, Shenmue, as others.
Stealthy spy games should be all kinds of awesome on the 3DS. From creeping around in the dark to sniping unaware guards from a mile off, the 3D effect should heighten the immersion greatly. Unfortunately, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3D doesn't quite ...
Forget Nintendogs, forget Pilot Wings. The Nintendo 3DS launch title that you really should be buying into is Samurai Warriors Chronicles. It's a spectacular effort that makes brilliant use of all of the 3DS' unique features, and brings them together...
The Nintendo 3DS already has a cult classic on its hands. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars seems destined to fly under the radar. It makes minimal use of any of the 3DS' unique features, so it may not strike people as quite as interesting as som...
The Nintendo 3DS is not a revolutionary console, but with a sturdy design and a 3D effect that does indeed work, it's a gadget that will no doubt be hugely successful.
It's been a long time since a FPS game really clicked with me. Years ago, I enjoyed some of the classics such as Medal of Honor Frontline and the original Aliens vs. Predator. Since then, for various reasons, I've been uncomfortable with the directio...
Dragon Age 2 is not Dragon Age. It seems like an obvious truism, but given the backlash Bioware's sequel has suffered, it is a statement that people seem to need reminding of.
Rain hammers down on the streets of New York City's Times Square. Upturned police cruisers spit fire into the night as the top half of a giant skyscraper lay crushed over the back of an 18-wheeler. A NYC police station is a few feet from my location,...
It's almost exactly five years since The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion was released. But fans of the Elder Scrolls series -- and it has a lot of fans -- have almost eight months still to wait until the next part of the series is released. The Elder Scro...
As a games critic, there are a few 'kisses of death' that will kill your credibility pretty quickly. There's accepting bribes for good reviews, accidentally confusing Mario and Sonic, and giving a Warriors game a positive review.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Sea of Thieves is Rare's grog-drinking, accordion-playing, pirate silliness simulator
- Shadow Warrior 2 hands-on: Lo Wang gets even more wild with fast, furious 4-way action
- Xbox One keyboard and mouse support teased as PCs and consoles draw closer together
- Radeon RX 470 and RX 460 graphics cards intensify AMD's affordable gaming push
- After a slow start, Dell turns up the dial on Steam Machines
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProgram ManagementWA
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- FTManager of Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- CCSAP Application Delivery LeadVIC
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCLevel 1 Helpdesk SupportNSW
- CCData ArchitectSA
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160617/AP/623Asia
- FTTechnical Support - ImplementationsVIC
- CCTelecommunications Operations Support officerACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- CCProduct Solution DesignerVIC