It's been a long time since a FPS game really clicked with me. Years ago, I enjoyed some of the classics such as Medal of Honor Frontline and the original Aliens vs. Predator. Since then, for various reasons, I've been uncomfortable with the directio...
Dragon Age 2 is not Dragon Age. It seems like an obvious truism, but given the backlash Bioware's sequel has suffered, it is a statement that people seem to need reminding of.
Rain hammers down on the streets of New York City's Times Square. Upturned police cruisers spit fire into the night as the top half of a giant skyscraper lay crushed over the back of an 18-wheeler. A NYC police station is a few feet from my location,...
It's almost exactly five years since The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion was released. But fans of the Elder Scrolls series -- and it has a lot of fans -- have almost eight months still to wait until the next part of the series is released. The Elder Scro...
As a games critic, there are a few 'kisses of death' that will kill your credibility pretty quickly. There's accepting bribes for good reviews, accidentally confusing Mario and Sonic, and giving a Warriors game a positive review.
Alien Breed is a franchise that's been around for a long time, and, really, it's the kind of game that will always have an audience. Shooting Aliens in confined corridors is a visceral thrill -- after all, that's what has kept the Aliens movie franch...
Many hold BioWare as the pinnacle of role-playing game design. They've crafted masterpieces in both licensed worlds (Baldur's Gate II, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic) and in universes of their own design (Dragon Age: Origin, Mass Effect).
The first-person shooter genre is oversaturated, and, moreover, virtually every publisher out there has dedicated big money to coming up with a blockbuster FPS, so it's oversaturated with quality.
A deep space setting, a brooding ambience and gruesome arachnid foes; Dead Space ticked all the boxes for fans of horror games. Two years and two prequels later, Visceral Games has brought forth Dead Space 2 as a direct sequel to the game that launch...
Drama is an indelible aspect of popular sports, and boxing is no exception. Whether a fight serves a metaphor for our times and the world around us -- such as when Joe Louis toppled Max Schmeling amidst the chaotic lead-up to World War II -- or the c...
Bulletstorm is a strange bird in the world of shooters. It chooses to violently wag its middle finger at the superserious shooter that's inundated the first-person-shooter market, offering a bit of levity among its doom-and-gloom-drenched brethren. T...
When we got the chance to play around with the Nintendo 3DS at [[artnid:376017|its Australian launch]], we had mixed thoughts about its 3D capabilities. It's the most advanced and most well-rounded product Nintendo's released to date, though, and we'...
It was interesting to see the fan reaction to the pre-launch marketing push for Dead Space 2; the universal sentiment surrounding the trailers and first-look screenshots seemed to be, "It doesn't look as scary as the first one," and that apparently w...
To the inhabitants of the Disgaea universe, the Prinny isn't a creature held in high regard. And why would it be? According to the series' mythology, these highly-combustible penguin-like creatures are what evil-doers become once they die and pass on...
There was a time when I was wildly hooked on a little game you may have heard of: World of Warcraft. I played it on a daily basis, forgoing meals and a decent amount of sleep just to spend more time with the game.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Film Victoria backs women in gaming with new fellowships
- Nintendo kicks off 2016 with new Zelda release and new 3DS
- Expensive gaming desktops and laptops thrive in slumping PC market
- The PS4 is the fastest selling console in Sony’s history
- Assassin's Creed Syndicate PC review impressions: This gorgeous, mostly smooth game is no Unity
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer, International SoftwareNSW
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- FTProject Coordinator - My Learning Space (Oracle iLearning)NSW
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - DigitalVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java, Oracle ADF) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- FTVB6 DeveloperNSW
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW
- CCSenior Systems Analyst (Biomedical)SA
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCProgrammer/Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Moblie) 160115/AP/P/vhaAsia
- CCContracts ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC