I once thought I’d never live to see the release of a truly great modern Batman game. A bit pessimistic perhaps, but I just didn’t think anybody could do the Dark Knight justice. Sure, it's possible to make a game that looks good, but can it be done ...
Last year’s Just Dance 2 was the very textbook case of a great party-cum-casual game. It was accessible -- anyone that picked up the Nintendo Wiimote would be playing within five minutes, and most importantly, it was fun.
In recent years, Pro Evolution Soccer (PES) games have struggled to compete against the FIFA juggernaut. First, it was a matter of unlicensed, fake player names (the bane of all footy fanatics) against FIFA’s 'real' players. Now, they’re licensed -- ...
Even less so than Ice Hockey, Gridiron is not an Australian sport. The fact that Madden games continue to release over here baffles me, since it would be like a cricket game selling well in the US. But here’s Madden NFL 12, and like NHL 12, it might ...
Occasionally a game comes along that transcends being mere entertainment and puts forward a strong argument for the artistic credentials of games. Portal 2 earlier in the year was certainly that, and From Dust might just be an even stronger case stud...
Before this, the last Ice Hockey game I'd played was back in the N64 days. I love the sport, but it's not exactly the most popular game here in Australia, so the video game adaptations tend to pass by without attracting my notice.
I’m a sucker for zombies. In a world where vampires now glitter in the sunlight and werewolves turn into unrealistically buff teenagers, zombies have remained true to form. Not much has changed over the years, and they’re still depicted as mindless ...
After years of 'modern' shooters that try and copy Call of Duty wholesale, it's a good time to re-release the original Splinter Cell games as a trilogy on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. They don’t necessarily look good in this newfangled 'HD' but th...
The original Deus Ex, quite simply, set a lofty benchmark for FPS/RPG hybrids. It is incredible that after 11 years, its immersive storytelling still ranks top of the class. Meeting the grade was a failure its sequel, Deus Ex: Invisible War, in 2003,...
The last 12 months have been really good to PS3-owning fans of the Tecmo Koei series of Warriors games: Fist of the North Star, Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll, Warriors: Legends of Troy and Dynasty Warriors 7 have all taken that button-destroying formul...
When two video game legends decide to make a game, a certain calibre is expected. Shinji Mikami (of Resident Evil fame) and Goichi Suda, who previously co-wrote and directed Killer7, have now served up Shadows of the Damned -- a third-person shooter-...
When I began this review, I was ready to let it rip and rant on about how disappointed I was with LA Noire. It had not met my lofty expectations for a detective game despite using new gaming technology in a groundbreaking way.
I've been racking my brain this past week for the phrase to best describe Detective Cole Phelps, L.A. Noire's fedora-clad gumshoe and ostensibly infallible leading man. I've toyed with "straight-laced," which seems too two-dimensional a descriptor, a...
--There are shooter games where you can use cool vehicles. There are shooter games where you have a bunch of AI companions to help you out. But not often do you get a game where you can command your AI to execute strategies to snuff out the enemy. Wh...
While we wait for Lego Pirates of the Caribbean (which we all know is going to be all kinds of awesome), Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars will have to do. It's not a terrible game by any means, but it also hasn't done a whole lot to update the form...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Forza Horizon 3 (PC) review impressions: Get ready to make your graphics card sweat
- How Xbox Project Scorpio and the PS4 Pro can play 4K games: Visual compromises
- Games yanked from Steam after developer sues users for nasty negative reviews
- BioShock Remastered's brand new PC port is just as bad as the old one
- PSA: Grab all of Battlefield 4's expansions for free through next week
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCChange and Communications ManagerQLD
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC