I’m a sucker for zombies. In a world where vampires now glitter in the sunlight and werewolves turn into unrealistically buff teenagers, zombies have remained true to form. Not much has changed over the years, and they’re still depicted as mindless ...
After years of 'modern' shooters that try and copy Call of Duty wholesale, it's a good time to re-release the original Splinter Cell games as a trilogy on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. They don’t necessarily look good in this newfangled 'HD' but th...
The original Deus Ex, quite simply, set a lofty benchmark for FPS/RPG hybrids. It is incredible that after 11 years, its immersive storytelling still ranks top of the class. Meeting the grade was a failure its sequel, Deus Ex: Invisible War, in 2003,...
The last 12 months have been really good to PS3-owning fans of the Tecmo Koei series of Warriors games: Fist of the North Star, Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll, Warriors: Legends of Troy and Dynasty Warriors 7 have all taken that button-destroying formul...
When two video game legends decide to make a game, a certain calibre is expected. Shinji Mikami (of Resident Evil fame) and Goichi Suda, who previously co-wrote and directed Killer7, have now served up Shadows of the Damned -- a third-person shooter-...
When I began this review, I was ready to let it rip and rant on about how disappointed I was with LA Noire. It had not met my lofty expectations for a detective game despite using new gaming technology in a groundbreaking way.
I've been racking my brain this past week for the phrase to best describe Detective Cole Phelps, L.A. Noire's fedora-clad gumshoe and ostensibly infallible leading man. I've toyed with "straight-laced," which seems too two-dimensional a descriptor, a...
--There are shooter games where you can use cool vehicles. There are shooter games where you have a bunch of AI companions to help you out. But not often do you get a game where you can command your AI to execute strategies to snuff out the enemy. Wh...
While we wait for Lego Pirates of the Caribbean (which we all know is going to be all kinds of awesome), Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars will have to do. It's not a terrible game by any means, but it also hasn't done a whole lot to update the form...
3D does a strange thing to the Sims' core gameplay. It turns it from an amusing little lifestyle sim to a voyeuristic window; the 3DS' 'inward looking' variety of 3D creates an intimate window into your virtual person's life. It's a workmanlike title...
I genuinely don’t think Valve predicted the mammoth success Portal would achieve. Squeezing the game between two renowned titles and releasing it in The Orange Box|Best games round-up was a hint. The single player puzzle-platformer from 2007 left suc...
Time to admit something quite embarrassing: I've never played Portal.
Dynasty Warriors 7 is a brilliant game. It's a confident step forward in the franchise for Tecmo Koei and Omega Force, condensing the core franchise values into a package that is elegant in execution and eminently playable.
Yakuza 4 is the first game in the series I've played. For whatever reason, until now the games have passed me by -- perhaps in part because I wasn't as gripped by its spiritual predecessor, Shenmue, as others.
Stealthy spy games should be all kinds of awesome on the 3DS. From creeping around in the dark to sniping unaware guards from a mile off, the 3D effect should heighten the immersion greatly. Unfortunately, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3D doesn't quite ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Divinity: Original Sin II preview: Choose your own reactive, gloriously chaotic adventure
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole preview: With great farts come great responsibility
- Konami's Metal Gear Survive is a co-op zombie survival game
- Microsoft wants all your devices to run on Xbox One’s proprietary wireless signal
- Warning: No Man’s Sky's PC port is broken and buggy
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTPrincipal Business Consultant- Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Security Specialist - McAfeeVIC
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCData Migration SpecialistSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst/Designer, Funds ManagementNSW
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/JBoss/SQL) 160831/AP/994Asia
- CCPersonal AssistantVIC
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- FTPMO SpecialistACT
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCSr IT Support specialist - MCSE- L2/L3- Travelling requiredNSW
- FTData AnalystsWA
- CCTest Analyst - Data MigrationACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Cognos/JAVA/J2EE) 160831/SA/122Asia
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - SIEMVIC