I’m a sucker for zombies. In a world where vampires now glitter in the sunlight and werewolves turn into unrealistically buff teenagers, zombies have remained true to form. Not much has changed over the years, and they’re still depicted as mindless ...
After years of 'modern' shooters that try and copy Call of Duty wholesale, it's a good time to re-release the original Splinter Cell games as a trilogy on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. They don’t necessarily look good in this newfangled 'HD' but th...
The original Deus Ex, quite simply, set a lofty benchmark for FPS/RPG hybrids. It is incredible that after 11 years, its immersive storytelling still ranks top of the class. Meeting the grade was a failure its sequel, Deus Ex: Invisible War, in 2003,...
The last 12 months have been really good to PS3-owning fans of the Tecmo Koei series of Warriors games: Fist of the North Star, Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll, Warriors: Legends of Troy and Dynasty Warriors 7 have all taken that button-destroying formul...
When two video game legends decide to make a game, a certain calibre is expected. Shinji Mikami (of Resident Evil fame) and Goichi Suda, who previously co-wrote and directed Killer7, have now served up Shadows of the Damned -- a third-person shooter-...
When I began this review, I was ready to let it rip and rant on about how disappointed I was with LA Noire. It had not met my lofty expectations for a detective game despite using new gaming technology in a groundbreaking way.
I've been racking my brain this past week for the phrase to best describe Detective Cole Phelps, L.A. Noire's fedora-clad gumshoe and ostensibly infallible leading man. I've toyed with "straight-laced," which seems too two-dimensional a descriptor, a...
--There are shooter games where you can use cool vehicles. There are shooter games where you have a bunch of AI companions to help you out. But not often do you get a game where you can command your AI to execute strategies to snuff out the enemy. Wh...
While we wait for Lego Pirates of the Caribbean (which we all know is going to be all kinds of awesome), Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars will have to do. It's not a terrible game by any means, but it also hasn't done a whole lot to update the form...
3D does a strange thing to the Sims' core gameplay. It turns it from an amusing little lifestyle sim to a voyeuristic window; the 3DS' 'inward looking' variety of 3D creates an intimate window into your virtual person's life. It's a workmanlike title...
I genuinely don’t think Valve predicted the mammoth success Portal would achieve. Squeezing the game between two renowned titles and releasing it in The Orange Box|Best games round-up was a hint. The single player puzzle-platformer from 2007 left suc...
Time to admit something quite embarrassing: I've never played Portal.
Dynasty Warriors 7 is a brilliant game. It's a confident step forward in the franchise for Tecmo Koei and Omega Force, condensing the core franchise values into a package that is elegant in execution and eminently playable.
Yakuza 4 is the first game in the series I've played. For whatever reason, until now the games have passed me by -- perhaps in part because I wasn't as gripped by its spiritual predecessor, Shenmue, as others.
Stealthy spy games should be all kinds of awesome on the 3DS. From creeping around in the dark to sniping unaware guards from a mile off, the 3D effect should heighten the immersion greatly. Unfortunately, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3D doesn't quite ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Steam updates user reviews to better reflect trends
- Valve cleverly battles Steam cheaters with two-factor authentication
- Minecraft steps into virtual reality as Samsung Gear VR Edition appears in Oculus Store
- Corsair's K70 RGP Rapidfire features new gaming-focused Cherry MX switches
- EVE Valkyrie's new Carrier Assault mode will fulfill your Millennium Falcon dreams
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Analyst Designer / AWS and AzureVIC
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- CCBusiness Systems Analyst - eCommerce PaymentsVIC
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- FTApplication Team Lead | Billing & CreditVIC
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCMEAN Stack DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Writer - Sydney BasedNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectACT
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/JAVA/Oracle) 160504/SA/vtdAsia
- CCSenior Java Analyst / AdministratorACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- CCMid Range Developer (Senior .NET Developer)QLD