Battlefield 3 is the latest game from Swedish game developer DICE, building on a franchise started in 2002 with the seminal Battlefield 1942. Since the first Battlefield over a dozen games have been released, each with minor improvements from the las...
My evidence is purely anecdotal, but going by what readers and gamer friends (who work outside the industry) tell me, almost no one plays the single-player campaigns of shooters like Battlefield or Call of Duty. Honestly, I couldn't find anyone outsi...
I once thought I’d never live to see the release of a truly great modern Batman game. A bit pessimistic perhaps, but I just didn’t think anybody could do the Dark Knight justice. Sure, it's possible to make a game that looks good, but can it be done ...
Last year’s Just Dance 2 was the very textbook case of a great party-cum-casual game. It was accessible -- anyone that picked up the Nintendo Wiimote would be playing within five minutes, and most importantly, it was fun.
In recent years, Pro Evolution Soccer (PES) games have struggled to compete against the FIFA juggernaut. First, it was a matter of unlicensed, fake player names (the bane of all footy fanatics) against FIFA’s 'real' players. Now, they’re licensed -- ...
Even less so than Ice Hockey, Gridiron is not an Australian sport. The fact that Madden games continue to release over here baffles me, since it would be like a cricket game selling well in the US. But here’s Madden NFL 12, and like NHL 12, it might ...
Occasionally a game comes along that transcends being mere entertainment and puts forward a strong argument for the artistic credentials of games. Portal 2 earlier in the year was certainly that, and From Dust might just be an even stronger case stud...
Before this, the last Ice Hockey game I'd played was back in the N64 days. I love the sport, but it's not exactly the most popular game here in Australia, so the video game adaptations tend to pass by without attracting my notice.
I’m a sucker for zombies. In a world where vampires now glitter in the sunlight and werewolves turn into unrealistically buff teenagers, zombies have remained true to form. Not much has changed over the years, and they’re still depicted as mindless ...
After years of 'modern' shooters that try and copy Call of Duty wholesale, it's a good time to re-release the original Splinter Cell games as a trilogy on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. They don’t necessarily look good in this newfangled 'HD' but th...
The original Deus Ex, quite simply, set a lofty benchmark for FPS/RPG hybrids. It is incredible that after 11 years, its immersive storytelling still ranks top of the class. Meeting the grade was a failure its sequel, Deus Ex: Invisible War, in 2003,...
The last 12 months have been really good to PS3-owning fans of the Tecmo Koei series of Warriors games: Fist of the North Star, Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll, Warriors: Legends of Troy and Dynasty Warriors 7 have all taken that button-destroying formul...
When two video game legends decide to make a game, a certain calibre is expected. Shinji Mikami (of Resident Evil fame) and Goichi Suda, who previously co-wrote and directed Killer7, have now served up Shadows of the Damned -- a third-person shooter-...
When I began this review, I was ready to let it rip and rant on about how disappointed I was with LA Noire. It had not met my lofty expectations for a detective game despite using new gaming technology in a groundbreaking way.
I've been racking my brain this past week for the phrase to best describe Detective Cole Phelps, L.A. Noire's fedora-clad gumshoe and ostensibly infallible leading man. I've toyed with "straight-laced," which seems too two-dimensional a descriptor, a...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- The Assembly hands-on: The future of VR is adventure games
- Agents of Mayhem hands-on: Saints Row meets SHIELD
- 60 turns with Civilization VI: 3 key tweaks will change how you conquer the world
- Sea of Thieves is Rare's grog-drinking, accordion-playing, pirate silliness simulator
- Shadow Warrior 2 hands-on: Lo Wang gets even more wild with fast, furious 4-way action
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCProject Analyst/ CoordinatorVIC
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- CCSr Business Analyst FI/CO, ERP, Procurement, Payroll, HR, SAPNSW
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- CCSolution DesignerACT
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTLooking for a PEGA Developer with Baseline ClearanceVIC
- CCSr Java Developer-JSP/Servlet,Hibernate, EJB3, Spring, RESTfulNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA