When the Sony PlayStation Vita arrives in North America on February 22nd, it'll face stiff competition. Mobile devices like smartphones and tablets have become powerful, cheap and ubiquitous. And with great, inexpensive games readily available on a d...
Taking a crack at remaking GoldenEye was one of the ballsiest things that Eurocom and Activision has ever done. It could have so, so easily backfired. But when it was released on the Wii last year, it worked surprisingly well. Rather than being a sla...
The main goal in Need For Speed: The Run is to make it from one side of the United States to the other, racing for your life to win the cross-country event so that the mob won't smoke your rear end due to bad debts. Or something like that anyway.
When the i-Helicopter arrived it was probably the single greatest threat to productivity in our office since we pitted two Roomba robotic vacuum cleaners against each other in the PC World Test Centre.
It’s a good time to be a fan of Tecmo Koei’s Warriors games. This year alone has seen multiple Dynasty Warriors games, a Warriors game focused on ancient Troy, a RPG-hybrid of the formula in Trinity: Souls of Zill O’ll a Samurai Warriors game on the ...
The original Halo is a game we can simultaneously praise and hate. A real pioneer of the FPS genre, a lot of what we see in the thousands of FPSers released on a weekly basis have cribbed many of their ideas from trends Halo set in motion.
You begin in a prison cart, hands bound, juddering down a mountain path as a chorus of French horns plays a mournful melody. You'll spend a lot of time navigating Skyrim's mountains -- whether you're climbing through their snowy heights or just stari...
Battlefield 3 is the latest game from Swedish game developer DICE, building on a franchise started in 2002 with the seminal Battlefield 1942. Since the first Battlefield over a dozen games have been released, each with minor improvements from the las...
My evidence is purely anecdotal, but going by what readers and gamer friends (who work outside the industry) tell me, almost no one plays the single-player campaigns of shooters like Battlefield or Call of Duty. Honestly, I couldn't find anyone outsi...
I once thought I’d never live to see the release of a truly great modern Batman game. A bit pessimistic perhaps, but I just didn’t think anybody could do the Dark Knight justice. Sure, it's possible to make a game that looks good, but can it be done ...
Last year’s Just Dance 2 was the very textbook case of a great party-cum-casual game. It was accessible -- anyone that picked up the Nintendo Wiimote would be playing within five minutes, and most importantly, it was fun.
In recent years, Pro Evolution Soccer (PES) games have struggled to compete against the FIFA juggernaut. First, it was a matter of unlicensed, fake player names (the bane of all footy fanatics) against FIFA’s 'real' players. Now, they’re licensed -- ...
Even less so than Ice Hockey, Gridiron is not an Australian sport. The fact that Madden games continue to release over here baffles me, since it would be like a cricket game selling well in the US. But here’s Madden NFL 12, and like NHL 12, it might ...
Occasionally a game comes along that transcends being mere entertainment and puts forward a strong argument for the artistic credentials of games. Portal 2 earlier in the year was certainly that, and From Dust might just be an even stronger case stud...
Before this, the last Ice Hockey game I'd played was back in the N64 days. I love the sport, but it's not exactly the most popular game here in Australia, so the video game adaptations tend to pass by without attracting my notice.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Divinity: Original Sin II preview: Choose your own reactive, gloriously chaotic adventure
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole preview: With great farts come great responsibility
- Konami's Metal Gear Survive is a co-op zombie survival game
- Microsoft wants all your devices to run on Xbox One’s proprietary wireless signal
- Warning: No Man’s Sky's PC port is broken and buggy
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- CCSolution Architect, Funds Management, Part time roleNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows7/8/10) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCData AnalystACT
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager (12-month renewable contract)Asia
- FTIT Security & Risk ManagerNSW
- FTClient Engagement ManagerVIC
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW
- CCSenior Server and Storage Support EngineerNSW
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- FTData AnalystsWA
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/SQL Server) 160829/SA/244Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/MySQL) 160823/AP/172Asia
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCJunior/Intermediate Drupal web developer - APS Level 4/5 equiACT
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW