I was never a huge fan of the original Prince of Persia games, but when the series was reborn in 2003's The Sands of Time, I quickly became a fanboy. The ensuing trilogy on the PS2 and Xbox took the Prince's plaforming roots and turned them into full...
Around 10 years ago the concept of an overclocked retail PC was something associated only with dodgy dealers looking to sell a slower CPU for a higher price. It was generally frowned upon by non-enthusiasts, as components weren't as reliable when ove...
When Square Enix re-releases RPG games, they often tread a fine line between creating thoughtful remakes or hatred-inspiring rehashes. I'm happy to report that Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories, a PS2 port of a GBA game, falls in the former categor...
Monster Lab is a new role-playing title that puts you in the shoes of a Frankenstein-like mad scientist looking to create life. Much like Frankenstein himself, Eidos' Monster Lab allows you to construct various forms of monstrous life through a combi...
An enormous fan of the past instalments in the Persona franchise, I'll be the first to admit that I was a tad sceptical when I heard that Persona 4 was dropping as soon as the end of 2008. Wrapping up my fourth run-through of Persona 3: FES, I was st...
If you look close enough, you can trace the casual roots of today's Nintendo back to the GameCube's quirky runaway phenomenon, Animal Crossing. The game's latest incarnation, Animal Crossing: City Folk feels and plays extremely natural on Nintendo's ...
So how do you spice up a turn-based strategy game previously based on classical figures and historical battles? According to THQ, you add mythological monsters and make the battles more fictitious, because if there's one thing school has taught us, i...
Normally, when I hear that a classic game is being ported to a handheld, I become skeptical because the usual result is a no-frills port meant to cash in on gamers' nostalgia. But thankfully, Square Enix isn't that kind of company. They put a lot of ...
An interesting and risky experiment, Square Enix's latest epic proves itself a mixed bag, never quite rising above mediocrity. Featuring an ambitious tale hampered by constant and confusing battles, The Last Remnant never quite delivers the typical e...
There's no doubt about it -- this is the best version of Street Fighter II that fighting game fans are ever going to get. Everything from the graphics to the tweaks in each character's moveset makes Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix feel like a ...
Break out your trench coat, baseball hat and a pair of dark shades because donning a disguise is the only way to save face if you plan on picking up Need for Speed: Undercover. You'll want to go incognito in order to hide the fact you're buying the w...
At its best, Moto GP 08 is a realistic, stripped-down racer that constantly challenges you to take a few seconds off you lap time. At its worst, it is a frustrating game with few milestones with which to track your achievements. Either way, Moto GP i...
Considering how badly Sonic's last dozen or so games have been, it's a good thing the blue blur has been finally unleashed. He goes a little wild with the freedom, but also gets the opportunity to return to his true self. Sonic Unleashed features cla...
Some things have always gone great together: peanut butter and jelly, macaroni and cheese, and of course, the ultimate combination -- zombies and high doses of gratuitous violence. Valve's highly anticipated cooperative survival shooter has finally a...
Ubisoft's mini-game extravaganza is back for a third round in Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party, toting brand new events, accessories, and even Wii Balance Board support -- but is the third time the charm for these zany hares, or is their small screen d...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
- Review - Total War: Warhammer
- Total War: Warhammer DirectX 12 performance preview: Radeon reigns supreme
- Microsoft brings Halo 5's map editor to Windows 10 for free, but stays quiet about Halo 5
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTVMWare Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems EngineerACT
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCSecurity Administrative Support OfficerACT
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsNSW
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- CCIT Program ManagerACT
- CCSolutions Architect - SAP HANAQLD
- CCApplication Server AdminACT
- FTOPEN _ ASAP_Technical Specialist COEACT
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- FTScrum MasterVIC