After an eternity of hype, innuendo and rumors, Intel's Core i7-6700K, code-named "Skylake," is finally here--and it's actually worth the wait. But only if you have realistic expectations, not those built up on months of leaked "performance" numbers ...
In our review of AMD's Radeon R9 Fury, we discovered that the Fury X's air-cooled sibling packs a performance punch that justifies its competitive price tag. In fact, it punishes Nvidia's GTX 980 and proved to be the true champion of AMD's new Fiji l...
I'm going to start this Black Ops III preview by saying something maybe a tad unconventional: I'm the guy who cares about Call of Duty's singleplayer campaigns. It's me. I'm the one. Activision builds out these six-hour blockbuster action circuses fo...
Having completed the Mass Effect trilogy, BioWare has now returned its attention to its other RPG series, Dragon Age.
Alienware built its reputation over the years on building high performance gaming PCs.
Alienware's answer to the question "can I use my laptop for all my gaming needs?" lies in a dedicated external box called a Graphics Amplifier, which can allow the new Alienware 13 laptop to tap into high-end desktop graphics cards.
After a slew of expansion packs for Sims 3, Electronic Arts is making a clean start with Sims 4.
With a growing emphasis on cutting edge graphics and physics, it seems like there is no place for sprite-based 2D titles.
The PlayStation Network has grown and evolved quite a bit since it made its debut with the PlayStation 3 in 2006.
Video game developer and publisher, Accolade, produced several games in the 32-bit era, though the game senior artist, Trevor Grimshaw, remembers the most is Slave Zero.
"Everyone loves to blow things up and tanks do that very well. World of Tanks allows players to play quick tank battles that have more strategy than your average shooter. No two battles are ever the same", said the director of Wargaming.
This SteelSeries gaming mouse comes with the bells and whistles that the Danish peripheral manufacturer includes in all its products, though it comes in a slightly different form factor to set it apart from the Sensei line-up.
We sat down with former Australian Formula One legend, Alan Jones, to get an insight into the accuracy of Codemasters' latest instalment of F1. Jones won the Formula One World Drivers' Championship in 1980 while racing with the Williams team.
When first-person shooters were all about running and gunning, 1999’s Thief: The Dark Project, and 2000’s Thief II: The Metal Age, emphasised sneaking and patience. We caught up with Eidos Montreal game director, Nicolas Cantin, and Square Enix PR ma...
The release of games such as Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas for iOS means many gamers can now experience console titles on an iPhone. But a good wireless controller will be needed in order for the gaming experience to be enjoyable.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Film Victoria backs women in gaming with new fellowships
- Nintendo kicks off 2016 with new Zelda release and new 3DS
- Expensive gaming desktops and laptops thrive in slumping PC market
- The PS4 is the fastest selling console in Sony’s history
- Assassin's Creed Syndicate PC review impressions: This gorgeous, mostly smooth game is no Unity
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Visual VB.net) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- FTPHP ProgrammerSA
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCProject ManagerSA
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- FTTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- FTPrograme ManagerNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCJava/J2EE ConsultantVIC
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCContracts ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSolution Architect - Biomedical - South Australia locationSA
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW