Having an external battery pack on hand to charge your phone or tablet while you’re on the go is almost standard practice for many of us who are afraid of being caught out with a powerless device. There are many too choose from, and the main buying c...
Gadgets - Reviews
If you’re an avid runner, the first thing you will notice about the TomTom Runner Cardio GPS watch is the built-in heart rate monitor. Gone are the days of battling with sweaty, uncomfortable chest straps for runners who want to monitor their heart r...
Many of us tend to have smartphones that run out of battery life while we're on the go. For those annoying times, a mobile charger is the ultimate accessory. TP-Link's 10400mAh Power Bank is one of the most useful on the market, allowing you to charg...
Strontium is a company that makes memory modules and USB flash drives for desktop and laptop computers, as well as flash memory cards for mobile devices and cameras. It's a name that's hardly known in Australia unless you shop at PC stores (the compa...
Time and experience has helped Samsung refine its design over the original Gear smartwatch. All of the electronics have been moved from the wristband and into the watchface. Several tweaks improve the second generation smartwatch, but as far as desig...
Sony's SmartBand has a clever design and intuitive software, but who is this wearable for exactly? That's the question we answer in our review.
Many people will laugh at you for getting excited about a light bulb, but the LIFX LED bulb is no ordinary light bulb. It’s a LED bulb that has a built-in computer so that it can connect to your Wi-Fi network, and it can be controlled directly from y...
The Cyclo 505 is a GPS unit designed specifically for cyclists. Its 3in screen feeds glanceable track information/performance stats to cyclists when at speed, and then uploads them to Magellan’s cloud for easy review over a computer.
With devices such as the Fitbit growing in popularity, there seems to be a convergence between health and technology taking place. At the same time, smart watches such as the Galaxy Gear are starting to show up. GPS manufacturer Magellan aims to merg...
Sometimes the difference between procrastinating and achieving a goal is a little push. Fortunately for sedentary workers and time-poor sleepers, little pushes is the Jawbone UP24’s speciality.
SanDisk's Connect Wireless Media Drive is a highly mobile storage device that can be used to wirelessly serve media to your smartphone or tablet, whether it's based on Android or iOS. The Wireless Media Drive is available with either 32GB or 64GB of ...
SanDisk’s Ultra Dual USB Drive is a USB drive with two connectors. On one side there is a micro-USB head for Android phones and tablets. On the other is a USB 2.0 connector for computers. The purpose of dual-head connections is for easy file transfe...
At the most basic level, consumer-based home automation devices allow you to switch things on and off through a variety of means. Belkin’s WeMo Switch+Motion is such a device (and a modular system). Appliances that are plugged into it can be controll...
Need something get you out of the computer chair? The Fitbit Force may be just the gadget to get you moving.
Imation's 2-in-1 Micro USB Flash drive for Android may not be the most imaginatively named product of 2013, but it's definitely an interesting product, and one that's bound to appeal to data-swapping Android users who swing recent smartphones or tabl...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- This disinfection robot can light the way to cleaner hospitals
- Game on: Alienware's 20-year affair with gaming helps drive the future of VR
- Microsoft opens HoloLens preorders in Australia
- Hands-on: Sony N is a Google Glass for your neck, with an assistant named Nigel
- Oculus reveals Touch VR controller pricing and launch info, US$49 Oculus Earbuds
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Consultant Commercial PricingVIC
- CCNetwork Designer/ConsultantVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (SQL/Web) 161027/SA/842Asia
- CCSAP GRC consultant with ABAP experience . Canberra LocationNSW
- CCTest Lead with HP ALMACT
- CCJava Developer - CQ5VIC
- CCData ScientistVIC
- CCInfrastructure & Security Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Java Analyst Programmer - Front Office TradingNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (System Backup Operation) 161014/ITA/523Asia
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- PTService Management AnalystSA
- FTSalesforce Subject Matter ExpertNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 161018/P/911Asia
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- FTProduct ManagerVIC
- CCICT Project Reporting Planning CoordinatorNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL) 161018/AP/812Asia
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- FTJava Script, Frontend Developer- DynamoDB or MongoDBNSW
- CCJunior Programmer (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 161017/JP/221Asia
- CCSAS DI DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystQLD
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 161014/CO/vmtAsia
- CCNetwork AdministratorVIC