Get close and personal with the web, but expect some bugs as the WebVR standard isn't quite yet finished.
Gadgets - News
Upcoming Microsoft and Wacom stylus will work across Windows 10 and Wacom devices.
It's not ready for primetime yet, but work is under way to make wireless charging significantly faster at replenishing your battery.
As Microsoft began shipping its HoloLens augmented reality headgear, the company gave journalists a sneak peek into how developers can create networked experiences.
iFixit’s Oculus Rift teardown reveals special lenses for a lighter, comfier VR headset.
Epson recently introduced its Moverio smart glass technology to guests of the Formula One World Champions Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team at Albert Park in Melbourne.
We got a sneak peek of the Microsoft HoloLens Developer Edition in the wild, before Microsoft’s Build conference.
The developer of Young Conker and Fragments, two of the first HoloLens games, describes what gaming will be like with the augmented-reality peripheral—including the caveats.
The issue is whether the lab tested the phones according to what Samsung actually promised, which is 1 meter and not the five feet of water used in the test.
Sydney-based consumer electronics company, Convoy International is conducting a major restructure of its business lines.
Mobile World Congress is the go to event for all things mobile. While it has a huge focus on enterprise and business to business tech, it is still the go to place for consumer releases from all the big brands, excluding Apple which does not participa...
If you’re buying a high-end virtual reality headset in 2016, you’re probably not too concerned about money.
The secret to Google’s VR plans could be energy-efficient chips with motion detection.
Fitbit has released the latest addition to its family of fitness trackers, the Fitbit Alta.
Taking a page from Netflix and Amazon, Apple may be in search of the next House of Cards or Transparent.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Amazon's next-gen Echo may be a giant speaker with a touchscreen
- VLC inches towards VR with support for 360-degree videos
- Aerovironment's Quantix drone is all about the data
- Intel chases AI with new chips, but still lacks a potent GPU
- Intel's drones will draw Disney animations in the sky
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCPerformance Test AnalystACT
- FTData Integration or Big Data Specialist (Sales) - Permanent - SydneyNSW
- CCNetwork Solution Designer/Architect - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerQLD
- FTPractice AdvisorACT
- FTSoftware Sales & BDMNSW
- CCSenior Java Developer/ WCEM ConsultantACT
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- CCSecurity/Server EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project EngineerNSW
- FTWeb and Mobile iOS/Android Developer (Permanent)NSW
- FTIT Client Support AnalystNSW
- FTCustomer Support/Helpdesk Support SpecialistQLD
- CCSiebel Developers x 8SA
- CCTechnical lead (Informatica MDM)QLD
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCAPI DeveloperQLD
- FTEnterprise Solution ArchitectACT
- FTSAP Service Delivery ManagerACT
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- TPAEM Developer (frontend)NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- FTSoftware Developer - .NETNSW