Buyers of the Gear S smartwatch will be able to browser the web on the device's diminutive touch screen when it goes on sale later this month.
Motorola’s Moto 360 differs from the plethora of smartwatches by resembling the time-pieces we have long been using. Good Gear Guide had a brief hands on with the promising device. Here are our first thoughts.
Apple certainly had a lot to announce and preview during its almost-two-hour media event for the launch of the new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, which included not only new phones but the company's new mobile payments system known as Apple Pay and the ...
I'm not a watch guy. It's not a fashion statement--I've just never enjoyed having anything on my wrists, be it jewelry, watch bands, and especially police restraints. There was a time back in the '90s when I gave pocket watches try, but that was a la...
In the opening keynote at the Intel Developer Forum today, Intel showed off wearable tech, Internet of Things boards, wireless charging, and it introduced the 2015 version of the Core processor, codenamed Skylake.
Apple unveiled its first wearable last night, the Apple Watch, along with the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. Chief executive Tim Cook paid tribute to Steve Jobs during the presentation by paraphrasing his famous "one more thing."
Apple has made its long-awaited entry into the wearables market with a digital watch that can double as a fitness tracker and run a variety of apps.
Consider the VivoSmart a bracelet concealing an OLED display, which hides unless smartphone notifications are incoming. Phone calls, emails, texts and calendar reminders will send a shuddering vibration to the wearable on cue.
Motorola originally unveiled its Moto 360 smartwatch at Google’s I/O conference. The smartwatch, which was the first device to have a circular screen, was met with riotous applause. Now the concept will become a reality when the smartwatch goes on sa...
Asus has unveiled its ZenWatch, a rounded smartwatch that will go head-to-head with LG’s G Watch R and Motorola’s Moto 360, at the IFA tradeshow in Berlin.
Samsung has revealed its Gear S, a Tizen-powered smartwatch that has a curved display and can take a SIM card. The Gear S can use 3G networks for texting, emailing and Web-browsing.
For two years, Google has quietly been developing autonomous flying vehicles that can be used to deliver packages for disaster relief or for commerce purposes, the company revealed Thursday.
LG will take on rival Motorola directly by releasing its rounded G Watch R at the same time as Motorola's Moto 360.
Motorola sent shockwaves across the technology industry when it revealed its smartwatch, the Moto 360, for the first time. By all accounts the smartwatch looked like an ordinary watch. Ironically, that’s as radical as it gets for a wrist-mounted com...
We already know the Moto 360 is going to be the best-looking Android Wear smartwatch yet, thanks to its rounded display and simple design. We also expect it to have Qi wireless charging after documents about the device filtered through the FCC. Now I...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Oculus software update breaks Revive hack, locks games down to only Oculus VR hardware
- Google declares war on copy and paste
- Google gives I/O attendees a close-up of driverless car (but no rides)
- In pictures: How Google's Daydream VR apes Oculus' hardware and software design
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- FTStorage SpecialistVIC
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- FTInformatica Powercenter SpecialistNSW
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW
- FTPega Operation Engineer - CEPNSW
- CCTechnical System Engineer (Linux/Mobile/SQL)160524/TSE/vmtAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Portfolio Analyst - Risk and MetricsNSW
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsNSW
- CCMS Dynamics CRM ConsultantVIC
- FTJunior Web Developer | CBD | Digital AgencyVIC
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NV1VIC
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/LAN/Anti-Virus) 160524/ITA/074Asia
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- CCDeployment Engineer / IT AuditorQLD
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Java Developer / Technical LeadACT