As Microsoft began shipping its HoloLens augmented reality headgear, the company gave journalists a sneak peek into how developers can create networked experiences.
Gadgets - News
iFixit’s Oculus Rift teardown reveals special lenses for a lighter, comfier VR headset.
Epson recently introduced its Moverio smart glass technology to guests of the Formula One World Champions Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team at Albert Park in Melbourne.
We got a sneak peek of the Microsoft HoloLens Developer Edition in the wild, before Microsoft’s Build conference.
The developer of Young Conker and Fragments, two of the first HoloLens games, describes what gaming will be like with the augmented-reality peripheral—including the caveats.
The issue is whether the lab tested the phones according to what Samsung actually promised, which is 1 meter and not the five feet of water used in the test.
Sydney-based consumer electronics company, Convoy International is conducting a major restructure of its business lines.
Mobile World Congress is the go to event for all things mobile. While it has a huge focus on enterprise and business to business tech, it is still the go to place for consumer releases from all the big brands, excluding Apple which does not participa...
If you’re buying a high-end virtual reality headset in 2016, you’re probably not too concerned about money.
The secret to Google’s VR plans could be energy-efficient chips with motion detection.
Fitbit has released the latest addition to its family of fitness trackers, the Fitbit Alta.
Taking a page from Netflix and Amazon, Apple may be in search of the next House of Cards or Transparent.
A New York-based company, Smartbe, has launched a crowdfunding campaign for an interesting concept, the world’s first intelligent self-propelled stroller.
Samsung Electronics will be making Qualcomm's upcoming Snapdragon 820 chips for smartphones and other devices, refueling speculation that the chips could find their way into the South Korean giant's premium smartphones, thus winning back lost busines...
This could be the breakthrough that pushes smart glasses into the mainstream.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- This disinfection robot can light the way to cleaner hospitals
- Game on: Alienware's 20-year affair with gaming helps drive the future of VR
- Microsoft opens HoloLens preorders in Australia
- Hands-on: Sony N is a Google Glass for your neck, with an assistant named Nigel
- Oculus reveals Touch VR controller pricing and launch info, US$49 Oculus Earbuds
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTEnterprise Database Manager - Defence - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- TPICT Procurement OfficerQLD
- FTMid-Senior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Services Engineer - Spanish speakingNSW
- CCWebSphere Portal AdministratorNSW
- CCMiddleware SpecialistNSW
- FTUX/UI DesignerNSW
- TPChange Manager | GovernmentQLD
- CCContract Programmer (HTML5/Java/Oracle) 161031/P/551Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/J2EE) 161025/AP/862Asia
- CCSystem & Network EngineerVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantWA
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTMobile Delivery Manager / Studio LeadNSW
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL) 161018/AP/812Asia
- CCInfrastructure Specialist :SCOMWA
- TPJava Developer -- ContractWA
- CCMicrosoft AX Support AnalystsQLD
- CCOffice 365 SpecialistQLD
- CCSecurity Incident Response Handler - TelcoVIC
- CCDatacenter EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW