Apple may face a legal battle if it wants to launch an iWatch in the US. It's emerged that a far smaller California company has filed for a patent on the iWatch name, and is currently attempting to raise funds to build a product with that name.
In what many are deciding is evidence that Apple is set to launch a smartwatch, the company has hired the CEO of Yves Saint Laurent.
Mobile printing has never been easier. For a busy office, reliable and easy-to-use tools are essential. Samsung's latest smart printers are equipped for wireless printing from mobile devices. Find out more about what is all about.
Looking to shed some kilograms? Jason Snell highlights some apps and gadgets that can help with your exercise regimen.
Apple has filed to trademark the phrase "iWatch" in Japan, amid rumours the company will soon launch a smart watch device globally.
Sony has confirmed it will release its new SmartWatch 2 and Xperia Z Ultra devices in Australia later this year, but has refused to reveal an exact release date.
Sony has launched the SmartWatch 2, an update of its Android-based watch, while the competition still seems largely to be in development mode. The company is also hoping to attract users that want a smartphone with a really big screen with the 6.4in ...
Sony appears to be introducing a new smartwatch next week, and the company is really excited about it.
Sony's Open SmartWatch Project will make it possible for developers to create and install alternative software on the Sony SmartWatch.
Early Monday, a developer announced the release of the first porn app for Google Glass only to learn that Google had banned porn apps for its computerized eyeglasses.
The average smartphone user checks their phone about 150 times per day. A lot of what they are checking for could be on their wrist.
The Colour the Bridge project, part of the annual Vivid Sydney light festival, lights up the Sydney Harbour Bridge with 3200 programmed LED lights and fiber optics, giving the otherwise gray concrete-and-steel structure a totally different appearance...
When Apple CEO Tim Cook spoke at length to kick off the D11 conference, he ignited a new firestorm of speculation regarding Apple's stake in the wearable computing market. Rumors have long told us that Apple is working on a smartwatch, but now Cook's...
Google Glass likely marks an important milestone in the evolution of personal electronics. And even though Glass makes its wearers look foolish, you're going to hear a lot about in the coming years.
Most people's knowledge of Google Glass has been informed by a comedy skit, and that's a dangerous situation. Sure, Fred Armisen's SNL portrayal of Glass is hilarious, but it's also full of gross inaccuracies that paint the headset as half-baked tech...
Apple patent filings offer hints of what the iWatch might look like
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: The busiest, biggest and best Samsung phablet
- 3 Aldi's $279 Bauhn Sphere review: Disappointing
- 4 Nokia Lumia 735 review: Perfectly ordinary
- 5 Bowers & Wilkins P5 (Series 2) review: For elegant sound
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- China to open up Internet broadband market with upcoming trials
- Close shaves between aircraft and drones on the upswing
- Obama signs legislation allowing regulatory e-labels for smartphones, wearables
- WD TV (2014 Personal Edition) review: Big screen fun
- Pressure mounts in Europe for strict net neutrality
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW