Razer's new HDK2 looks like a direct competitor to the Oculus Rift—at least on paper.
Gadgets - News
Intrigued by the Oculus Rift or the HTC Vive, but leery of the cost? Turns out you don't have to spend big bucks to try VR. Executive Editor Ken Mingis and Multimedia Editor Keith Shaw hash out the details.
Scientists with the U.S. Navy are working to develop an augmented reality display for divers' helmets.
Intel’s world-record-holding drone performance, Drone 100, will be making its local debut as part of Vivid Sydney. The drones will showcase different shapes and colours to reveal bespoke animation designed specifically for the Sydney performance.
Asus has just unveiled what’s likely to be the most talked about product at this week’s Computex trade show in Taipei, a cute talking robot for the home priced at US$599.
Don't like being tethered to a PC for VR? Tether the PC to you.
A French startup opened a crowdfunding campaign for a paper-thin sticker that adheres to the back of a smartphone or tablet, enabling wireless charging from a pad that handles multiple devices at the same time.
The Trainerbot is a smart ping pong robot that aims to take your skills to the next level.
The update breaks a hack that allowed Oculus games on non-Oculus headsets, but is the company really reneging on a promise, as some have suggested?
Here's what it's like to use Google's augmented reality-enabled platform, Project Tango, in your everyday life.
People queue up to use it wherever they see it.
Google made clear its plans to take on Amazon's Echo, go big on VR, and make texting both more expressive and less reliant on thought.
What's coming this fall in the next major release of Android Wear.
Google’s ready to kick Control+C and Control+V to the curb – the company on Thursday announced new APIs and enterprise partnerships today at its annual I/O developer conference, designed to simplify common workflows and make its Google Apps product l...
In the middle of its annual developer conference, Google let attendees get a closer-than-usual look at the company's autonomous car.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Report: Microsoft's Home Hub will chase Amazon's Echo as a software service
- Amazon's next-gen Echo may be a giant speaker with a touchscreen
- VLC inches towards VR with support for 360-degree videos
- Aerovironment's Quantix drone is all about the data
- Intel chases AI with new chips, but still lacks a potent GPU
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- FTProject Manager - ProcurementSA
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCAPI DeveloperVIC
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterSA
- CCInfrastructure Team LeadNSW
- FTSenior Technical LeadNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - SQLNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence Technical AnalystVIC
- TPIT Document Writer And TrainerVIC
- CCProcess Project Manager X 2VIC
- FTTechnical Customer SupportQLD
- FTILSP ManagerNSW
- TPFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCDigital Producer | 3 Month Contract roleNSW
- CCJAVA Developer- XML, SOAP, GIS, Web services, SPRINGNSW
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane basedOther
- TPNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCAPI DeveloperNSW
- FTSENIOR DEVELOPERQLD
- FTIT Specialist - Application Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer)NSW