Harry Potter fans, take note: Scientists have made an object "disappear" using a cloaking device similar in many ways to the invisibility cloak imagined by author J.K. Rowling.
Gadgets - News
This week Brad Chacos, Alaina Yee and Gordon Mah Ung talk Nvidia's new budget wonder and yes, AMD has fixed the RX-480. Also: Rate My Budget Rig.
It’s like having the sun in your pocket.
Good news! If you buy an Oculus Rift VR headset, you'll receive it in just a few days now.
Looking for something different in home audio gear? This speaker/light show fits the bill.
WebVR support is a work in progress for the Chromium project, which could one day change how we browse the Internet.
Your USB drive isn't slow because you have too much stuff on it. It's slow because it uses a slow storage format like FAT32 or exFAT. You can re-format it to NTFS to get faster write times, but there is a catch.
Although virtual reality may have failed to succeed in past decades, the technology currently holds enormous potential in several fields. The future of virtual reality, or VR, is poised to change the way we shop, experience, view, communicate and eve...
Apple TV's tvOS 2 grants new powers to Siri and takes the hassle out of app sign-ins
Razer's new HDK2 looks like a direct competitor to the Oculus Rift—at least on paper.
Intrigued by the Oculus Rift or the HTC Vive, but leery of the cost? Turns out you don't have to spend big bucks to try VR. Executive Editor Ken Mingis and Multimedia Editor Keith Shaw hash out the details.
Scientists with the U.S. Navy are working to develop an augmented reality display for divers' helmets.
Intel’s world-record-holding drone performance, Drone 100, will be making its local debut as part of Vivid Sydney. The drones will showcase different shapes and colours to reveal bespoke animation designed specifically for the Sydney performance.
Asus has just unveiled what’s likely to be the most talked about product at this week’s Computex trade show in Taipei, a cute talking robot for the home priced at US$599.
Don't like being tethered to a PC for VR? Tether the PC to you.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- This disinfection robot can light the way to cleaner hospitals
- Game on: Alienware's 20-year affair with gaming helps drive the future of VR
- Microsoft opens HoloLens preorders in Australia
- Hands-on: Sony N is a Google Glass for your neck, with an assistant named Nigel
- Oculus reveals Touch VR controller pricing and launch info, US$49 Oculus Earbuds
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Project Specialist - SchedulingVIC
- CCApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Consultant, Enterpreneur in ResidenceVIC
- FTAgile Front End Developer- HTML5 & CSS3NSW
- CCSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-month renewable Contract)Asia
- CCProject Manager - Payroll SystemsSA
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia
- CCInformation Security Consultant - RSA ArcherNSW
- CCSystem TestersQLD
- FTSalesforce Subject Matter ExpertNSW
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- CCIT Data AnalystACT
- CCSenior Solution Designer, Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- FTGateway ManagerACT
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCDemand ManagerNSW
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW
- FTJava Developer - Canberra RoleNSW
- FTSOE ArchitectNSW
- CCPOS EngineerNSW