Intrigued by the Oculus Rift or the HTC Vive, but leery of the cost? Turns out you don't have to spend big bucks to try VR. Executive Editor Ken Mingis and Multimedia Editor Keith Shaw hash out the details.
Scientists with the U.S. Navy are working to develop an augmented reality display for divers' helmets.
Intel’s world-record-holding drone performance, Drone 100, will be making its local debut as part of Vivid Sydney. The drones will showcase different shapes and colours to reveal bespoke animation designed specifically for the Sydney performance.
Asus has just unveiled what’s likely to be the most talked about product at this week’s Computex trade show in Taipei, a cute talking robot for the home priced at US$599.
Don't like being tethered to a PC for VR? Tether the PC to you.
A French startup opened a crowdfunding campaign for a paper-thin sticker that adheres to the back of a smartphone or tablet, enabling wireless charging from a pad that handles multiple devices at the same time.
The Trainerbot is a smart ping pong robot that aims to take your skills to the next level.
The update breaks a hack that allowed Oculus games on non-Oculus headsets, but is the company really reneging on a promise, as some have suggested?
Here's what it's like to use Google's augmented reality-enabled platform, Project Tango, in your everyday life.
People queue up to use it wherever they see it.
Google made clear its plans to take on Amazon's Echo, go big on VR, and make texting both more expressive and less reliant on thought.
What's coming this fall in the next major release of Android Wear.
Google’s ready to kick Control+C and Control+V to the curb – the company on Thursday announced new APIs and enterprise partnerships today at its annual I/O developer conference, designed to simplify common workflows and make its Google Apps product l...
In the middle of its annual developer conference, Google let attendees get a closer-than-usual look at the company's autonomous car.
Google's Daydream looks awfully similar to the Oculus Rift, from the headset to the controller to the software itself.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NSW government taps on Android Pay
- Report: A new Gear VR headset is coming with a black scheme and minor tweaks
- Future Samsung wireless charging pads may handle all your gear at once, patents reveal
- Apple will release Olympic-themed Apple Watch bands, but only in Brazil
- Don't look now, but Harry Potter's invisibility cloak just got a big step closer
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTandem/NonStop Technical ConsultantWA
- CCDesktop Support Level 1 /2VIC
- CCSolution Architect - POSVIC
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Cognos/JAVA/J2EE) 160831/SA/122Asia
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JBoss/J2EE/SQL) 160830/AP/193Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows7/8/10) 160901/AP/781Asia
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin.) 160824/P/567Asia
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- FTMobility Developers x 4 (iOS or Android)NSW
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- FTWeb Analytics SpecialistNSW
- CCBig Data SpecialistNSW
- CCProject Coordinator (Paying $400-$450 per day)NSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCQuality AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC