Harry Potter fans, take note: Scientists have made an object "disappear" using a cloaking device similar in many ways to the invisibility cloak imagined by author J.K. Rowling.
This week Brad Chacos, Alaina Yee and Gordon Mah Ung talk Nvidia's new budget wonder and yes, AMD has fixed the RX-480. Also: Rate My Budget Rig.
It’s like having the sun in your pocket.
Good news! If you buy an Oculus Rift VR headset, you'll receive it in just a few days now.
Looking for something different in home audio gear? This speaker/light show fits the bill.
WebVR support is a work in progress for the Chromium project, which could one day change how we browse the Internet.
Your USB drive isn't slow because you have too much stuff on it. It's slow because it uses a slow storage format like FAT32 or exFAT. You can re-format it to NTFS to get faster write times, but there is a catch.
Although virtual reality may have failed to succeed in past decades, the technology currently holds enormous potential in several fields. The future of virtual reality, or VR, is poised to change the way we shop, experience, view, communicate and eve...
Apple TV's tvOS 2 grants new powers to Siri and takes the hassle out of app sign-ins
Razer's new HDK2 looks like a direct competitor to the Oculus Rift—at least on paper.
Intrigued by the Oculus Rift or the HTC Vive, but leery of the cost? Turns out you don't have to spend big bucks to try VR. Executive Editor Ken Mingis and Multimedia Editor Keith Shaw hash out the details.
Scientists with the U.S. Navy are working to develop an augmented reality display for divers' helmets.
Intel’s world-record-holding drone performance, Drone 100, will be making its local debut as part of Vivid Sydney. The drones will showcase different shapes and colours to reveal bespoke animation designed specifically for the Sydney performance.
Asus has just unveiled what’s likely to be the most talked about product at this week’s Computex trade show in Taipei, a cute talking robot for the home priced at US$599.
Don't like being tethered to a PC for VR? Tether the PC to you.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Don't look now, but Harry Potter's invisibility cloak just got a big step closer
- Oculus ships all Rift preorders, but made-for-VR Touch controllers still a ways off
- Xounts Up hands-on preview: Two parts wireless speaker, one part objet d'art
- Google is working to make every website viewable in VR
- Is VR ready for business use? Six industries getting to grips with virtual reality
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- CCDigital Project Manager, AgileNSW
- CCSenior PHP Developer (12 month contract )VIC
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Lotus Notes/PC LAN) 160722/ITA/474Asia
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution DesignerACT
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC
- CCSoftware Developer- CobolACT
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW
- CCIP & Fixed Process Improvement SpecialistVIC
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA