Your USB drive isn't slow because you have too much stuff on it. It's slow because it uses a slow storage format like FAT32 or exFAT. You can re-format it to NTFS to get faster write times, but there is a catch.
Although virtual reality may have failed to succeed in past decades, the technology currently holds enormous potential in several fields. The future of virtual reality, or VR, is poised to change the way we shop, experience, view, communicate and eve...
Apple TV's tvOS 2 grants new powers to Siri and takes the hassle out of app sign-ins
Razer's new HDK2 looks like a direct competitor to the Oculus Rift—at least on paper.
Intrigued by the Oculus Rift or the HTC Vive, but leery of the cost? Turns out you don't have to spend big bucks to try VR. Executive Editor Ken Mingis and Multimedia Editor Keith Shaw hash out the details.
Scientists with the U.S. Navy are working to develop an augmented reality display for divers' helmets.
Intel’s world-record-holding drone performance, Drone 100, will be making its local debut as part of Vivid Sydney. The drones will showcase different shapes and colours to reveal bespoke animation designed specifically for the Sydney performance.
Asus has just unveiled what’s likely to be the most talked about product at this week’s Computex trade show in Taipei, a cute talking robot for the home priced at US$599.
Don't like being tethered to a PC for VR? Tether the PC to you.
A French startup opened a crowdfunding campaign for a paper-thin sticker that adheres to the back of a smartphone or tablet, enabling wireless charging from a pad that handles multiple devices at the same time.
The Trainerbot is a smart ping pong robot that aims to take your skills to the next level.
The update breaks a hack that allowed Oculus games on non-Oculus headsets, but is the company really reneging on a promise, as some have suggested?
Here's what it's like to use Google's augmented reality-enabled platform, Project Tango, in your everyday life.
People queue up to use it wherever they see it.
Google made clear its plans to take on Amazon's Echo, go big on VR, and make texting both more expressive and less reliant on thought.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Is VR ready for business use? Six industries getting to grips with virtual reality
- Apple TV takes away some friction with tvOS 2
- Razer's new open-source VR headset mirrors the Oculus Rift, but costs US$200 less
- Iron Man meets Aquaman as Navy turns to augmented reality
- 100 illuminated Intel drones to perform at Vivid Sydney
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- CCChange ManagerACT
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- CCICT Engineer - SecurityQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- CCTechnologyOne System Administration and DevelopmentACT
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCUser Experience AnalystACT
- FTService Delivery Coordinator - ApplicationsNSW
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- CCSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Java/J2EE/SQL) 160714/JP/707Asia
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Toolset ReadinessNSW
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorVIC