What happens when you marry fingerprint readers and RFID chips with guns? You get a smarter gun. And Sony rolls out a virtual reality setup that might just hit the sweet spot in terms of price and performance.
Gadgets - Features
PC World headed on over to Japan for CEATEC. Here’s a quick round-up of some of the cool and odd things we got to see and try. Expect robots. Of all sizes and persuasions!
Successful gaming apps appeal to neurotransmitters in our brains that make us feel happy and connected -- and make us want to come back for more. It’s possible to design to business applications and activities that have the same effect.
With the Google Pixel smartphone, Google Home and Google Wifi, it looks as though someone's trying to build a well-rounded tech ecosystem. Executive News Editor Ken Mingis and Multimedia Editor Keith Shaw weigh the pros and cons.
Google's first stab at phone-based VR takes it to the front of the pack.
Savvy CIOs have an opportunity to position themselves at the intersection of marketing and virtual reality, and their IT teams should get involved early and take a vested interest in the advancement of VR.
Father’s Day is on Sunday 4th September. We’ve got together with some of Australia’s top tech and gadget companies to provide you with tech-related ideas.
RunGo's routes point you towards Pokémon, but it's a juggling act of priorities.
We covered a lot at Computex this year. It also took a long time to collate it all. Here are the slideshows and features covering all the VR demos, casemods, components, overclocking and gaming peripherals (plus all kinds of mad stuff) from this yea...
Crazy and impressive. Some of the best VR demos we've seen.
Cooler Master's VR parachute demo arguably stole the show at Computex, but it had little to do with new products.
Google wrapped up its annual I/O keynote presentation on Wednesday after unveiling its version of FaceTime, its version of Apple Watch Complications, and its version of Siri on steroids. But Google also announced a few new features, especially as par...
Google's going big into VR this year with Daydream, but it's not a single device. It's a spec, it's a controller, it's a standard.
One of the crew on my boat was showing off his snazzy travel hoodie last weekend. Unlike regular hoodies this one came with an inbuilt neck pillow, a pen attached to the zip, inside pockets to fit passports and travel documents and a hole to keep ear...
You don't need time or talent to get started with this guitar.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- This disinfection robot can light the way to cleaner hospitals
- Game on: Alienware's 20-year affair with gaming helps drive the future of VR
- Microsoft opens HoloLens preorders in Australia
- Hands-on: Sony N is a Google Glass for your neck, with an assistant named Nigel
- Oculus reveals Touch VR controller pricing and launch info, US$49 Oculus Earbuds
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Architect, Markets and ProductsNSW
- CCSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTRelease CoordinatorACT
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP GRC consultant with ABAP experience . Canberra LocationNSW
- FTDelivery LeadNSW
- CCData ScientistVIC
- CCL1 Desktop Support - 3 days a weekNSW
- FTSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- CCICT Project Reporting Planning CoordinatorNSW
- FTSoftware Development ManagerNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTAgile Front End Developer- HTML5 & CSS3NSW
- CCManager of Pricing and AnalyticsVIC
- FTSolution Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- CCIT Data AnalystACT
- CCApplication Support DeveloperVIC
- CCInfrastructure & Security Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCProgram ManagerACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - HKMAAsia