Google wrapped up its annual I/O keynote presentation on Wednesday after unveiling its version of FaceTime, its version of Apple Watch Complications, and its version of Siri on steroids. But Google also announced a few new features, especially as par...
Google's going big into VR this year with Daydream, but it's not a single device. It's a spec, it's a controller, it's a standard.
One of the crew on my boat was showing off his snazzy travel hoodie last weekend. Unlike regular hoodies this one came with an inbuilt neck pillow, a pen attached to the zip, inside pockets to fit passports and travel documents and a hole to keep ear...
You don't need time or talent to get started with this guitar.
You don’t have to hug trees to wince at the waste in these shots. The first box was used to ship just that tiny Apple TV replacement remote. The second box used literally had a letter (a single sheet of paper) and a SIM card for a phone. In both cas...
With VR gaming, hardware's only part of the equation. Here's a look at how software such as AMD's LiquidVR and Nvidia's VRWorks enhance your virtual reality experience.
Rachel likes travelling to obscure places and party places alike. She needs her tech to get about and communicate whether its exploring caves, diving with Whale Sharks, rallying across Eastern Europe, partying at South American carnivals, eating inse...
Introducing Roving Rachel our new techie travel writer. A candidate for having the best job in the world, she reports on some of the best adventure destinations on the planet, the best festivals and the best ways to get there – all while discussing ...
Apple hardware is not what we would call "cheap," but these limited edition products are literally worth their weight in gold.
Since the days of the iPod, Apple has had a magical hold over a large portion of the consumer electronics market, changing the way people use and relate to technology. But with the Watch products, the company faces a bit more of a challenge.
Our Back to Business guide features a selection of products from our sponsors and editors, and gives you some useful pointers on the gear that can help you be more productive. It includes essentials for the office, stuff for executives, mobile gear t...
It's that time of year again when most of us fret over what to buy for our loved ones. Fear not, though, for our Christmas Gift Guide can set you in the right direction, no matter what your budget.
Fitbit has released a new range of fitness trackers that also incorporate smartwatch features. There are three models, and each one offers a different set of features depending on your fitness goals. Find out which one is right for you.
Theoretical data speeds are all the hype these days. Shop staff are quick to cite them, but the truth is the Internet speed your smartphone will get will depend on a number of factors unique to your home.
Apple's Tim Cook has kicked back against critics with new iPhones, the Apple Watch and future big business, Apple Pay, but there are some questions for Apple fans:
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Oculus software update breaks Revive hack, locks games down to only Oculus VR hardware
- Google declares war on copy and paste
- Google gives I/O attendees a close-up of driverless car (but no rides)
- In pictures: How Google's Daydream VR apes Oculus' hardware and software design
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Automation & Performance EngineerVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/Orcale/MySQL) 160531/SA/253Asia
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Developer (.Net)SA
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- CCProject Specialist Continuity AutomationVIC
- CCDevOps Software Configuration ManagerACT
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperACT
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- CCPEGA Developer / ConfigurerACT
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- CCIT Systems AnalystACT
- CCProgram Communications SpecialistVIC
- CCDigital Content ProducerVIC
- FTStibo PIM Consultant - Permanent OpportunityNSW