A robot being developed by Blue Ocean Robotics uses ultraviolet light to disinfect rooms.
What happens when you marry fingerprint readers and RFID chips with guns? You get a smarter gun. And Sony rolls out a virtual reality setup that might just hit the sweet spot in terms of price and performance.
PC World headed on over to Japan for CEATEC. Here’s a quick round-up of some of the cool and odd things we got to see and try. Expect robots. Of all sizes and persuasions!
Co-founder Frank Azor has fond memories of Alienware's early days. It was a wild time of building kick-ass PCs, gaming, lots of sci-fi shows and generally, having a good time.
Microsoft is expanding the reach of its HoloLens augmented reality headgear to six new countries around the world.
Successful gaming apps appeal to neurotransmitters in our brains that make us feel happy and connected -- and make us want to come back for more. It’s possible to design to business applications and activities that have the same effect.
Sony formally unveiled its N wearable on Thursday night, complete with a digital assistant named Nigel. You can't buy it, but you may try it if you sign up for Sony's beta program.
Six months after the release of the Oculus Rift, we finally hear more about its motion-tracking Touch controllers.
Oculus wants to move beyond the Rift with a standalone, self-contained VR headset.
At Oculus Connect 3, Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg provided a tantalizing glimpse at what social VR could become.
With the Google Pixel smartphone, Google Home and Google Wifi, it looks as though someone's trying to build a well-rounded tech ecosystem. Executive News Editor Ken Mingis and Multimedia Editor Keith Shaw weigh the pros and cons.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- This disinfection robot can light the way to cleaner hospitals
- Game on: Alienware's 20-year affair with gaming helps drive the future of VR
- Microsoft opens HoloLens preorders in Australia
- Hands-on: Sony N is a Google Glass for your neck, with an assistant named Nigel
- Oculus reveals Touch VR controller pricing and launch info, US$49 Oculus Earbuds
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCApplication Support DeveloperVIC
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCPerformance AnalystNSW
- FTProject Manager - Intelligent Transport SolutionsNSW
- FTSoftware Design Engineer in Test (SDET)QLD
- FTNetwork and Security Engineer - Checkpoint, Firewalls, VPNNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant MS Dynamic AXQLD
- CCSAP BPC Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 161026/AP/632Asia
- CCCompliance Administrator - Contracts/ ProcurementVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 161019/JP/552Asia
- CCSenior Siebel Business AnalystACT
- FTSoftware / Web Development ManagerNSW
- FTUI UX Specialist | Technical BAQLD
- CCFront End Developer (UI) - 12 Month ContractNSW
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistVIC
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager (Marketing Automation)NSW
- FTBackup Engineer with Commvault ExperienceNSW
- CC.Net Developer - AzureNSW
- FTTechnical Support OfficerWA
- CCTest Engineer - BankingQLD
- TPBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161017/ITA/742Asia
- FTBusiness Analyst - OTC DerivativesAsia