Amazon’s Kindle Oasis has a book-like spine and battery-boosting leather cover.
Amazon Kindle devices already last for weeks on one charge, but Amazon wants them to last even longer.
Amazon apparently has a very important software update for certain Kindle models — so much so that it will stop selling Kindle owners online books unless they install it by Tuesday.
Amazon is trying to hit the sweet spot between fancy features and affordability with its new Kindle Paperwhite e-reader.
Two months to the day and Kobo has delivered on its promise to release the Aura H2O in Australia and New Zealand.
Australian book lovers will have to hold out until February 2015 before they can buy the world’s first waterproof eReader from Kobo.
Australian online retailer, Kogan, has expanded into New Zealand with the launch of a dedicated web site for the country on Wednesday.
Canadian eBook seller and eReader-maker Kobo has four new slates to show off to the public, part of a renewed push to target a wider market while also catering to faithful fans of the brand.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Amazon launches the Kindle Oasis, a $310 e-reader with a love handle
- Amazon's flagship new Kindle e-reader may get slimmer thanks to a rechargeable case
- Amazon: no more books if you don’t install this big Kindle software update by Tuesday
- New Kindle Paperwhite: higher resolution, same price
- Kobo brings the eReader back to beaches, pools and baths
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCL3 - Network Design and Support EngineerNSW
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- CCMid or Senior Developer - Mobile Applications - (iOS)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCIT Solution Architect - ApplicationsNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW