The new $109 Amazon Kindle also makes it easier for visually impaired users to read e-books.
Amazon’s Kindle Oasis has a book-like spine and battery-boosting leather cover.
Amazon Kindle devices already last for weeks on one charge, but Amazon wants them to last even longer.
Amazon is trying to hit the sweet spot between fancy features and affordability with its new Kindle Paperwhite e-reader.
Two months to the day and Kobo has delivered on its promise to release the Aura H2O in Australia and New Zealand.
Australian book lovers will have to hold out until February 2015 before they can buy the world’s first waterproof eReader from Kobo.
Australian online retailer, Kogan, has expanded into New Zealand with the launch of a dedicated web site for the country on Wednesday.
Canadian eBook seller and eReader-maker Kobo has four new slates to show off to the public, part of a renewed push to target a wider market while also catering to faithful fans of the brand.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Amazon's redesigned Kindle is whiter, thinner, and still $109
- Amazon launches the Kindle Oasis, a $449 e-reader with a love handle
- Amazon's flagship new Kindle e-reader may get slimmer thanks to a rechargeable case
- New Kindle Paperwhite: higher resolution, same price
- Kobo brings the eReader back to beaches, pools and baths
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCPre-Sales Consulting Business AnalystVIC
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- CCMicrosoft Business Intelligence (BI) ConsultantNSW
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- CCData Integration specialistACT
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- CCUI/UX DeveloperVIC
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- CCService Lead - Cloud hosting and storageNSW
- FTSAP Team LeadVIC
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- FTSAP PI ABAP SpecialistVIC
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160726/AP/186Asia
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT