Amazon is trying to hit the sweet spot between fancy features and affordability with its new Kindle Paperwhite e-reader.
Two months to the day and Kobo has delivered on its promise to release the Aura H2O in Australia and New Zealand.
Kobo’s Aura H2O is the world’s first waterproof eReader, but what sacrifices, if any, has Kobo made for its latest eReader to pack tough certification?
Australian book lovers will have to hold out until February 2015 before they can buy the world’s first waterproof eReader from Kobo.
Australian online retailer, Kogan, has expanded into New Zealand with the launch of a dedicated web site for the country on Wednesday.
‘Focussed’ is the word we would use to describe the Kindle Paperwhite. Every facet of this 6in e-reader is geared towards making electronic reading easy. Its beauty lies in the fine details, like its size, the ease of its menu and the texture of its screen.
Canadian eBook seller and eReader-maker Kobo has four new slates to show off to the public, part of a renewed push to target a wider market while also catering to faithful fans of the brand.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- New Kindle Paperwhite: higher resolution, same price
- Kobo brings the eReader back to beaches, pools and baths
- Kobo develops an eReader for Australia's beaches
- Kogan opens online shop in New Zealand
- Kobo brings eBooks to the masses with new Arc tablets, Aura eReader
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- CCProject Scheduler / Project Manager - IT InfrastructureNSW
- CCSAP Test ManagerSA
- CCIT Solution DesignerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- FTProject Coordinator - My Learning Space (Oracle iLearning)NSW
- CCSenior Change Analyst - Multiple RolesVIC
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness and Financial AnalystACT
- CCSolution Architect - Biomedical - South Australia locationSA