Now that E308 has concluded, the games revealed having been disseminated across the internet, now is the time to bitch and moan about the forgotten games that we didn't get to hear about at this year's show.
E3 Games Summit
For once it doesn't matter whether you swear by the Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 or PC gaming. It's all here. Here's what caught our eye -- and what we wish we'd never laid eyes on -- at this year's E3 gaming expo in LA.
Nintendo used its E3 keynote this year to demonstrate the progress the company has made with developing Wii Music. Nintendo revealed that the Wii Balance Board will be used to play the drums, and that players will be able to use more than 50 instruments. Release is currently slated for the end of the year.
Revolutionary: the only word to describe this first person platformer from EA DICE. In Mirror's Edge, players will take on the role of Faith, a 'runner' in a modern metropolis. Control Faith as she leaps, vaults, and climbs the gorgeous cityscapes around her. A game that could very well reinvent the platformer genre, Mirror's Edge is a title to keep an eye on.
Soulcalibur IV, despite the name, is the fifth game in the Soulcalibur arcade fighting series. As one of 36 characters - including Yoda and Darth Vader -- players once again step into the arena to do battle against each other. It will feature revamped graphics, several new characters, and Force-based abilities for Star Wars characters. Competitive online play is a first for the series, and is simply one of many improvements made to the franchise. The game is currently slated for release at the end of the month for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
The newest instalment in the popular Final Fantasy franchise, Final Fantasy XIII, is slowly taking form. Little is known about the game's storyline at present, but the game follows the same vein as its predecessors: an RPG with brilliant graphics and an immersive plot. Square Enix announced at E3 this year that the game will be released on both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, though no date has yet been set.
Today at E3 Microsoft announced a revamped dashboard for the Xbox 360, replacing that one the console shipped with. In the same vein as its competitor, the Nintendo Wii, the new dashboard will use a channel system to browse content. The interface will also integrate avatars, the Xbox 360's version of the Wii's Miis. The avatars, designed by Rare Interactive, will be able to socialise with other Xbox Live members and help create a player identity. No release date is yet known for the Xbox 360 update.
On gaming's biggest stage, these eight figures fell on their faces.
Summary: Gamepro polled its editorial team, scoured the internet, and given special attention to original efforts to develop the following list of 25 games, all of which has us giddy with the prospects. So with exception to unknown announcements, you can confidently count on these babies to be shown this year... and hopefully playable.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One (M9) review: The weakest One in the trilogy
- 2 Google Nexus 9 review: The best of Google and HTC
- 3 Subaru WRX Premium CVT review: A wolf in sheep’s clothing
- 4 Oppo R5 review: Among the most innovative of smartphones
- 5 Apple Mac Mini review: A Macintosh that's easy on the wallet
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Team ICO presents in-game footage of The Last Guardian
- Dante's Inferno protest an EA-sponsored marketing stunt
- Halo game E3 no-show 'no laughing matter,' Bungie says
- E3 State of the Industry Keynote: What, Me Worry?
- Preview: hands-on with Fallout 3
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerQLD
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW