3DR’s Solo quad-copter is set to be available in Australia from early August for a price of $1799. It’s a drone that’s suitable for carrying a GoPro Hero 3 or Hero 4, and it’s touted as having the ability to stream HD content wirelessly to an iOS or Android device. Not only that, the drone is meant to handle the flying mostly on its own, allowing the user to focus primarily on controlling the footage.
Nikon's Coolpix P900 camera takes zooming to a whole new level, with a lens that can go from a wide angle of 24mm, all the way in to a tele-zoom angle of 2000mm. That's an 83x optical zoom capability, and Nikon has even added a feature called Dynamic Fine Zoom that can take that to 4000mm, or 166x.
The full-frame EOS 5D series just got a major jolt of pixels.
It has to be said that 2013's Sculpture by the Sea wasn't as good as 2012 to our eyes -- perhaps due to the layout and positioning of some of the sculptures -- but it was nevertheless filled with many interesting things to see. Here are our picks for the best of 2013.
With so many people in and around the displays at Sydney's Sculpture by the Sea, it's hard to take the time to set up your camera for optimal results. In this situation, auto mode can be your friend. We used the Nikon Coolpix P7800 in auto mode to capture the annual festival. See how well it handled the job in the following 52 photos.
Deciding what to buy friends and loved ones gifts for Christmas is never easy, but there are plenty of little gizmos to choose from if they are technically-minded. We've put together a little list of what we think would make useful and interesting gifts, from portable speakers to iPhone apps, from vinyl-to-MP3 rippers to phone-controlled helicopters -- we've tried to keep the mix as eclectic as possible.
Stephanie Gilmore brightens up a gloomy Bondi beach as she poses for photographers with her trusty Nikon Coolpix AW100.
UK company Rotolight makes the RL-48-B 'Enhanced Edition' video LED light. It's a low-cost way to add a constant lighting source to your videos, whether you're using an HD DSLR or professional HD camcorder.
One of the funnest parts of the Consumer Electronics Show are the cool, the crazy, and just-around-the-corner products.
From CES in January to next holiday season, 2011 promises some phenomenal new gear.
We got sick of seeing me-too tablets and hearing overblown claims about 4G networks. And the T-Pain microphone? Just painful.
Great looking tablets, superfast phones and the return of the boom box. Here's what we loved at this year's show.
Sony took the CES by storm by unveiling a bunch of new products and updating a few fan favorites. here's a look at some of the products that'll be in stores this year, from TVs, to laptops to camcorders big and small.
We round up some of the coolest tech at CES 2011.
Primary and secondary school students from across Australia congregated at the Sydney Powerhouse Museum yesterday for the Panasonic Kid Witness News (KWN) awards. KWN is a video competition that encourages school students to shoot, direct and star in their own short movies covering topics such as sports, culture and the environment. The annual event is held globally, with more than 630 primary and secondary schools competing last year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- D-Link camera can be hijacked to become a spy-cam
- Nvidia's pricey Shield Android TV adds some value with 4K YouTube and Netflix HDR in US
- Netflix's Fast.com download tester takes its war against slow ISPs directly to the user
- Nearly 100 classic NFL games headed to YouTube
- Netflix isn’t big on virtual reality for the obvious reasons
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java Developer | EcommerceNSW
- CCFinance Analyst (Junior)VIC
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCImplementation and Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCData Analyst - multiples roles - EAM experience requiredNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- CCQuality AnalystNSW
- CCWeb Content SpecialistNSW
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- CCMessaging Services Systems AdministratorACT
- CCNetwork Implementation EngineerNSW
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Unix/Linux/Web) 160819/AP/173Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Cognos/JAVA/J2EE) 160831/SA/122Asia
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- CCOracle/Java/Applications DeveloperACT
- FTContracts ManagerVIC