When Avid released version 3 of Media Composer in mid-2008, it clearly intended to head off competition from the likes of Apple Final Cut Studio and Adobe Creative Suite Production Premium. A much keener price and a huge software bundle showed the co...
Digital Video - Reviews
The Panasonic SDR-S26-K is an ultra-compact camcorder that records standard-definition video to removable SD memory cards. Its main claim to fame is its 70x optical zoom lens, which is considerably more powerful than the average entry-level camcorder...
The Panasonic SDR-H80 is a standard-definition camcorder equipped with a 60GB inbuilt hard drive. Without a doubt, the standout feature is its astonishing 70x optical zoom lens, which is easily the
The Panasonic HDC-SD20-K is an affordable high-definition camcorder that records AVCHD video to SD/SDHC memory cards. Like previous models in Panasonic’s consumer-level camcorder range, its primary strength is its portability, along with a user-frien...
Panasonic's small and conveniently packed HDC-SD100 camcorder uses a three-chip image sensor, a rarity in the consumer camcorder market these days. But the Panasonic HDC-SD100 HD uses that three-chip sensor to make up for each individual sensor's ana...
The Panasonic HDC-HS100 camcorder is a better camera than it's predecessor the Panasonic HDC-HS9, with improved image quality and greater usability. However, the $2089 HDC-HS100 has only narrowed, not closed, the image-quality gap between its own vid...
A compact model with a beefy 120GB hard drive, the JVC Everio GZ-HD40 records to two formats: the compact and increasingly common AVCHD, and the higher-quality MPEG-2 Transport Stream (TS). Although it has decent automatic and manual image control, t...
Want to know how to transfer movies from VHS to DVD? Roxio Easy VHS to DVD can help reclaim your unwatched family VHS videos.
The VIO P.O.V 1.5 is a pro-level helmet cam geared towards the rough-'n'-tumble sporting set. Unlike most helmet cams, it places image and sound quality at the forefront, with durability coming in a distant third. That said, this video camera will st...
The DVDirect VDR-P1 Express is a portable DVD Burner that performs the same function as a writable DVD drive. Which begs the question - why buy why buy this when your computer does a perfectly good job? here at PC World, it’s easy to forget that not ...
With vendors clamouring to outdo one another with fancy Full HD 1080p camcorders, it’s easy to forget that standard-definition models are still alive and well. If you only want to make occasional home movies and would prefer not to spend thousands of...
The advent of flash memory technology has caused camcorders to shrink to previously unimaginable proportions. With no bulky mechanical parts weighing things down, it’s now possible to own a Full HD video camera that fits in the palm of your hand. The...
Since its inception in 2005, the Professional Plug-In (P2) video format has been a continued success for Panasonic. The current economic climate of pinched pennies and tightened belts has done nothing to slow its rise to the top, prompting fierce cop...
For years now, compact camera manufacturers have offered special ‘ruggedised’ models for hard-hitting lifestyles, such as the ubiquitous Olympus Tough range. Unfortunately, the camcorder industry has been slow to catch up. Thankfully, Oregon Scientif...
The Sony DCR-HC52 can be viewed as both the elderly gent and the squalling infant of its handycam family. Recording standard-definition video to Mini DV tape, it’s a stubbornly old-school device that also happens to be the company's entry-level produ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
- Facebook adds Apple TV and Chromecast support as video push ramps up
- Remocam review: This security camera can control your home appliances
- Logitech's C922 webcam is the revered C920's vastly upgraded successor
- Jump the line for the newest Chromecast features with Google's new preview program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCInfrastructure Architect - CloudVIC
- CCData ScientistVIC
- FTDevelopment Manager - Web, Mobile and CMSNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161020/ITA/652Asia
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCNetwork and Security ArchitectNSW
- CCUnix Project LeadNSW
- FTMobile DeveloperNSW
- FTHead of Information and Digital Technology at Taronga ZooNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution Architect - BRISBANE BASEDVIC
- TPOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- CCPOS EngineerNSW
- TPiOS Developer | Tech Start-UpNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- TPICT Procurement OfficerQLD
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - IPVPN Edge and Internet EdgeVIC
- FTSolution Architect - Application/IntegrationVIC
- TPSenior IT Project CoordinatorQLD
- TPProject Manager. AutomationNSW
- FTSenior .Net Software EngineerVIC
- TPSenior Business Analyst | GovernmentQLD
- CCSenior C# .Net EngineerNSW
- CCSAP GRC consultant with ABAP experience . Canberra LocationVIC
- FTHL7 Interface AnalystQLD