Kodak's Zi8 high-definition pocket camcorder (US$180 as of 9/14/2009) is the superpowered follow-up to the company's cult-favorite Kodak Zi6 model. It's also the most full-featured pocket-size camcorder we've seen, thanks to three unique features: th...
The Millennius Memmoir is an ultra-budget high-definition camcorder that competes in the same space as Kogan’s Full HD 1080p Video Camera. Like the Kogan, it records Full HD (1080p) video in the H.264 MOV format to SD/SDHC memory cards. However, the ...
Liquid Digital Solutions' Agent V5 is a 5-megapixel webcam that can record video at a Full HD resolution. It combines great picture quality with a highly arresting design, though fans of compact webcams will probably want to look elsewhere.
The Toshiba SDP92SKY is a portable DVD player with a swivelling 9in LCD screen. It comes with a smattering of intriguing features, including DivX media support, an AV input connection and an SD card slot for playback of video files, MP3s and photos. ...
The Sony HDR-TG5 is a flash memory-based high-definition camcorder aimed at the casual and the fashion-conscious. (Sounds like a TV soap opera, doesn’t it?)
The Canon Legria HF200 is a midrange high-definition camcorder for videographers on a budget. It records AVCHD video to SD/SDHC memory cards, which is swiftly becoming the dominant video format in the consumer market.
The Canon WP-V1 is a waterproof camcorder case for the Canon Legria HF20 and Canon Legria HF200 -- two high-definition camcorders that record in the flash memory format. It is waterproof to a depth of 40 metres. Despite some minor mechanical flaws, t...
The Flip UltraHD improves an already excellent line of pocket camcorders with a wider-angle lens, better low-light footage, more storage capacity, and an HDMI-out port.
As well as capturing video footage at a very respectable 1280x720 -- the same HD resolution as the Flip Video MinoHD and the Kodak Zx1 -- the Medion Life E47000 offers 5Mp still photo capture and comes with an HDMI digital connection.
User-friendliness is provided in the shape of an unfussy control layout with large clearly marked buttons, though its slender dimensions mean that there is no optical zoom with the Creative Vado HD, just the ‘cheat' of a 2x digital zoom which crops t...
The Panasonic HDC-TM200 is a flash memory-based, Full HD camcorder with 16GB of on-board memory and an SD card slot. It captures excellent video.
With its acquisition earlier this year of Pure Digital, makers of the Flip line of ultraportable, user-friendly video cameras, Cisco Systems has big plans for the Flip as part of its vision for the connected home. And as the second generation of Flip...
Sanyo has become all but synonymous with the concept of hybrid digital video/stills cameras and this model offers both high-end video capture and 12 megapixels of photo detail. However, we weren't fully convinced by its implementation of Full HD vide...
The Swann PenCam DVR (SPY-420) is the kind of gadget that no aspiring 007 agent should be without. It’s essentially a video camera hidden inside a functioning ballpoint pen, complete with an inbuilt microphone and 2GB of flash memory. According to th...
The Sony HDR-XR520 is the latest high-end camcorder to flaunt the Full HD logo at video connoisseurs. It sits at the very top of Sony’s consumer-level handycam range and comes packed with all the premium features that this entails. Some of the highli...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- D-Link camera can be hijacked to become a spy-cam
- Nvidia's pricey Shield Android TV adds some value with 4K YouTube and Netflix HDR in US
- Netflix's Fast.com download tester takes its war against slow ISPs directly to the user
- Nearly 100 classic NFL games headed to YouTube
- Netflix isn’t big on virtual reality for the obvious reasons
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (HTML/JAVA/MySQL) 160613/JP/921Asia
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- CCSoftware & Hardware Asset Management - 2 rolesNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC