For years, Pure Digital Technologies, which was acquired by Cisco in 2009, has continuously shrunk Flip video cameras while increasing the screen size and storage. But with the Flip SlideHD, Cisco and Pure Digital is taking a step back, increasing th...
Digital Video - Reviews
Standard-def camcorders are being slowly but surely ousted in favour of Full HD, with fewer models entering the market. Sony’s DCR-SX60 is a standard-definition camcorder that costs over $500, making it even more of a rarity. In an era where high-def...
The Panasonic HDC-SD700 is a Full HD camcorder that records AVCHD video to removable flash memory cards. With a retail price of $1499, it slots snugly between the Panasonic SDR-H280 and the Panasonic HDC-HS700-K as the company’s midrange offering.
The Sony HDR-XR150 is an entry-level Full HD camcorder equipped with a 120GB hard drive and 25x optical zoom lens. Like other models in the Sony handycam range, it comes with an exhaustive array of consumer-friendly features and gimmicks, including S...
The Millennius Memmoir Gold Full HD 1080p Touchscreen Video Camcorder Camera is an ultra-affordable high-def camcorder that records to SD/SDHC memory cards in the H.264 AVI format. It also has a real mouthful of a name (from hereon in, let’s just cal...
We've all had to deal with footage where someone has skimped on a decent make-up artist and you've been asked to give some poor unfortunate a Max Factor makeover in post.
We were wondering what would happen to VideoStudio Pro following the recent release of Corel's low-cost Digital Studio suite. But VideoStudio Pro is still going strong - in fact this new X3 version even comes bundled with a copy of the separate Video...
The ‘pocket camcorder’ has irrevocably changed the video landscape as we knew it. Smaller, simpler and infinitely cheaper, they have become the consumer’s number-one choice when it comes to capturing video. It has left traditional camcorder vendors f...
The Panasonic SDR-H85-K is a standard-definition HDD camcorder equipped with a 78x optical zoom lens and an 80GB hard drive. Like its predecessor, the Panasonic SDR-H80-K, it packs plenty of useful features into an ultra-affordable package (RRP: $649...
The third entry in Creative Labs' Vado HD pocket camcorder series offers enough features and video quality to compete squarely with the Flip Video Mino HD and the Kodak Zi8.
The Panasonic HDC-HS60 is the first of a new generation of flash memory-based camcorders.
We've never seen video-editing software so easy to use. muvee Reveal 8 is not cheap, nor is it full-featured, but if you need to quickly make and share a slick-looking clip, look no further.
The Sony HDR-CX520 is a high-definition, flash memory-based camcorder aimed at both casual users and discerning videophiles.
The Sony HDR-CX500V is a flash memory-based Full HD camcorder with 32GB of inbuilt memory. Like the majority of its handycam brethren, the HDR-CX500V packs in a dizzying array of features and gimmicks, some of which are more useful than others.
The SPK-HCE Sports Pack is an underwater housing for Sony camcorders. Its main claims to fame are its awesome versatility (over 20 handycam models are supported) and user-friendly interface. On the downside, the Sony SPK-HCE Sports Pack isn’t the mos...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
- Facebook adds Apple TV and Chromecast support as video push ramps up
- Remocam review: This security camera can control your home appliances
- Logitech's C922 webcam is the revered C920's vastly upgraded successor
- Jump the line for the newest Chromecast features with Google's new preview program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPOffice 365 Technical ConsultantQLD
- CCSystems Analyst - Web Services.VIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- TPSAP FICO Functional AnalystQLD
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCMainframe ArchitectVIC
- FTUX / UI DesignerVIC
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedACT
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCProduct OwnerNSW
- FTUI DeveloperVIC
- FTEnterprise Architect - BusinessQLD
- CCHadoop DeveloperACT
- CCSecurity/Server EngineerNSW
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTEnterprise Architect - InformationQLD
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerVIC
- CCFacilities Coordinator - Multiple RolesVIC
- CCSenior Test EngineerVIC
- CCSoftware TesterNSW
- FTDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleACT
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperSA