With the exception of folks who haven't had their shots, just about everyone who has a video capture device is desperate to go "viral"--to have their video to become so wildly popular that everyone knows its title by name. Adobe's Premiere Elements 9...
Digital Video - Reviews
In keeping with this year's all-things-3D theme, Roxio's latest media creation and disc-burning suite, Media Creator 2011 includes do-it-yourself 3D creation capabilities for creating or transcoding images and videos to anaglyph 3D. Other changes in ...
The Panasonic HM-TA1 is a pocket-sized HD camcorder for the Web 2.0 blogging set. Dubbed a "multimedia mobile camera", the Panasonic HM-TA1 can be used to shoot video, snap digital photos or even as a webcam. It boasts Full HD video recording, an 8-m...
The Freetalk Everyman HD was the first high-def webcam to be certified by Skype, though the highly rated Logitech HD Pro Webcam C910 and FaceVision TouchCam N1FaceVision have subsequently received the same certification. Sold through Skype's online ...
The FaceVsion TouchCam N1 is not just for casual video chatting--at $189.99, this camera means business, too. In my hands-on testing, this high-definition Webcam delivered excellent sound capture and solid picture quality.
The Microsoft LifeCam HD-6000 delivers great video at a fantastic price--and its smart design makes it perfect for use with laptops.
The Kogan Full HD 1080p Deluxe Touchscreen Video Camcorder Camera is an affordable high-definition camcorder that records video to SD/SDHC memory cards. Just like Kogan's previous camcorders, it punches well above its weight when it comes to price vs...
The Sanyo Xacti SH1 (AKA VPC-SH1TAR) is an entry-level Full HD camcorder that records MPEG-4 video to removable flash memory cards. Its main claims to fame are a powerful 23x optical zoom lens and ultra-compact size. For an asking price of $599, it’s...
The Canon Legria HF R18 (AKA Canon Vixia HF 11) is an entry-level high-def camcorder aimed squarely at the casual end of the market. Its main selling points are a 20x optical zoom lens and a semi-affordable price tag.
The Canon Legria HF M31 is a flash memory-based camcorder that records Full HD video in the AVCHD codec. With a retail price of $1499, it slots somewhere between the HF S10 and HF M300 as Canon's upper mid-range offering. It can be viewed as a jack-o...
The Sony HDR-XR550 Full HD camcorder is a hard disk-based Handycam with 240GB of storage.
It may be thin and light--even for a pocket camcorder--but the ultraslim Toshiba Camileo S20 packs more features into its frame than any high-definition pocket camcorder we've tested to date.
CyberLink's PowerDVD 10 Ultra, the most powerful and stable DVD and Blu-ray movie player available, offers an array of new features in the new version. The biggest boost, however, comes from 3D support.
The Sony HDR-CX110 is an ultra-compact Full HD camcorder that records to removable flash memory cards. It uses the MPEG4-AVC/H.264 video format and comes equipped with a 25x optical zoom lens.
The Sony DCR-SX43 is a flash memory-based camcorder that records standard-definition video in the MPEG-2 format. Chief among its charms are a 60x optical zoom lens, an intuitive touch-screen interface and a fashionista ‘fire red’ finish (or, if you p...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
- Facebook adds Apple TV and Chromecast support as video push ramps up
- Remocam review: This security camera can control your home appliances
- Logitech's C922 webcam is the revered C920's vastly upgraded successor
- Jump the line for the newest Chromecast features with Google's new preview program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTSenior AEM Consultant - Public SectorACT
- TPLevel 3 Systems EngineerWA
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- FTLead Drupal Developer - Gold CoastQLD
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Cisco ISEVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- TPBusiness Project Manager IntegrationNSW
- FTCloud Orchestration SpecialistVIC
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- TPLearning/Instructional DesignerQLD
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerACT
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- FTFunctional ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior System AdministratorVIC
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCTechnical lead (Informatica MDM)Other
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- TPIT Procurement OfficerQLD
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTLinux EngineerNSW