The Microsoft LifeCam HD-6000 delivers great video at a fantastic price--and its smart design makes it perfect for use with laptops.
The Kogan Full HD 1080p Deluxe Touchscreen Video Camcorder Camera is an affordable high-definition camcorder that records video to SD/SDHC memory cards. Just like Kogan's previous camcorders, it punches well above its weight when it comes to price vs...
The Sanyo Xacti SH1 (AKA VPC-SH1TAR) is an entry-level Full HD camcorder that records MPEG-4 video to removable flash memory cards. Its main claims to fame are a powerful 23x optical zoom lens and ultra-compact size. For an asking price of $599, it’s...
The Canon Legria HF R18 (AKA Canon Vixia HF 11) is an entry-level high-def camcorder aimed squarely at the casual end of the market. Its main selling points are a 20x optical zoom lens and a semi-affordable price tag.
The Canon Legria HF M31 is a flash memory-based camcorder that records Full HD video in the AVCHD codec. With a retail price of $1499, it slots somewhere between the HF S10 and HF M300 as Canon's upper mid-range offering. It can be viewed as a jack-o...
The Sony HDR-XR550 Full HD camcorder is a hard disk-based Handycam with 240GB of storage.
It may be thin and light--even for a pocket camcorder--but the ultraslim Toshiba Camileo S20 packs more features into its frame than any high-definition pocket camcorder we've tested to date.
CyberLink's PowerDVD 10 Ultra, the most powerful and stable DVD and Blu-ray movie player available, offers an array of new features in the new version. The biggest boost, however, comes from 3D support.
The Sony HDR-CX110 is an ultra-compact Full HD camcorder that records to removable flash memory cards. It uses the MPEG4-AVC/H.264 video format and comes equipped with a 25x optical zoom lens.
The Sony DCR-SX43 is a flash memory-based camcorder that records standard-definition video in the MPEG-2 format. Chief among its charms are a 60x optical zoom lens, an intuitive touch-screen interface and a fashionista ‘fire red’ finish (or, if you p...
RAM is cheap. Hard drives? Cheap. Big, beautiful LCD monitors? Cheap, cheap, cheap. You may have all the elements of a great video-editing setup, but for one thing: a video-editing application that can take advantage of all that inexpensive hardware....
For years, Pure Digital Technologies, which was acquired by Cisco in 2009, has continuously shrunk Flip video cameras while increasing the screen size and storage. But with the Flip SlideHD, Cisco and Pure Digital is taking a step back, increasing th...
Standard-def camcorders are being slowly but surely ousted in favour of Full HD, with fewer models entering the market. Sony’s DCR-SX60 is a standard-definition camcorder that costs over $500, making it even more of a rarity. In an era where high-def...
The Panasonic HDC-SD700 is a Full HD camcorder that records AVCHD video to removable flash memory cards. With a retail price of $1499, it slots snugly between the Panasonic SDR-H280 and the Panasonic HDC-HS700-K as the company’s midrange offering.
The Sony HDR-XR150 is an entry-level Full HD camcorder equipped with a 120GB hard drive and 25x optical zoom lens. Like other models in the Sony handycam range, it comes with an exhaustive array of consumer-friendly features and gimmicks, including S...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- D-Link camera can be hijacked to become a spy-cam
- Nvidia's pricey Shield Android TV adds some value with 4K YouTube and Netflix HDR in US
- Netflix's Fast.com download tester takes its war against slow ISPs directly to the user
- Nearly 100 classic NFL games headed to YouTube
- Netflix isn’t big on virtual reality for the obvious reasons
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- CCITIL- Technical Release CoordinatorNSW
- CCProject Manager - Operational TechnologyQLD
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- CCProject Manager, Infrastructure Migration, AWS CloudNSW
- CCLinux EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Integration Specialist - IP NetworkVIC
- CCSenior Change Analyst, WealthNSW
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin.) 160824/P/567Asia
- CCProject Manager- Radio CommunicationsVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/MySQL) 160823/AP/172Asia
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia
- FTClient Engagement ManagerVIC
- CCLean Six Sigma Project ManagerVIC
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst/Designer, Funds ManagementNSW
- FTAutomation Tester- C#, Selenium | Cloud Based Finance SolutionsNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW