When we looked at the Contour+ video camera we were impressed with its video quality and size, but of more value was its miniature construction -- it easily fit in a pocket, or could be thrown in a backpack. What made it great was the extra Bluetooth...
Digital Video - Reviews
Stephanie Gilmore brightens up a gloomy Bondi beach as she poses for photographers with her trusty Nikon Coolpix AW100.
The Contour+, from extreme sports video camera company Contour, is a tough and compact camera that records Full HD video at a variety of quality settings and frame rates. It has the potential to be an indispensable tool for anyone looking to record t...
I must confess: I'm not a regular camcorder user. (When you look at the sample footage embedded in this article that will become obvious to you -- Ed.) I prefer the convenience of a digital SLR or compact camera instead, and I rarely have a need to s...
When it comes to video editing, nothing ever happens quickly enough, no matter how powerful your computer.
If you're a fan of The Office, you might recall the character Angela setting up a live stream camera so she could watch her cats while at work.
The Microsoft LifeCam HD-5000 is sleek black with a chrome accent and an unusual rubber clip. This could be moulded to fit the back of a laptop screen or monitor and also allowed the lens to be tilted up or down.
The Sweex HD Webcam Diamond is dainty and weighs a sylphlike 80g. Measuring 55x60x55mm, the silver-coloured HD Diamond has attractive black accents and features a robust clip that folds out from the base of the device to ensure it sits securely on a ...
The Millennius Full HD Waterproof Seacam does exactly what it says on the tin: it's waterproof (up to a depth of three metres), records in Full HD (to SD memory cards) and is tailormade for seaside holidays. With an RRP of $249, it's also pleasantly ...
It looks very smart perched atop a flatpanel or laptop screen. Measuring just 37x71x62mm and weighing 98g, the rectangle Freetalk Everyman Webcam comes with a robust plastic clip that can be adjusted to ensure the webcam is secure when placed on top ...
After one of the coldest winters in living memory, followed by a wet and dreary beginning to summer, the prospect of hitting the beach for some underwater videography might not sound too enticing. But if you do decide to take the plunge, it's hard to...
Sony's Vegas Pro video-editing software has a less-flashy reputation compared with competitors Apple Final Cut Pro 7 and Adobe Premiere Pro CS5, but this powerful application has its fans, too. The latest version, Sony Vegas Pro 10, gains some featur...
The Flip MinoHD 8GB is a flash memory-based pocket camcorder aimed at bloggers and casual videographers. Highlights include 720p recording, image stabilisation, a HDMI port and inbuilt editing software.
"To blog, or not to blog: that is the question." If you believe online video blogs have a place in this world (and aren't, for example, a hideous brain-vacuum for a culturally barren society), then the Sony Bloggie Touch MHS-TS20 could be the product...
The Sony HXR-MC50E is a Full HD AVCHD camcorder with 64GB of embedded flash memory. Boasting an external stereo microphone, a proprietary lens attachment and a 12-megapixel CMOS R sensor, it can be viewed as an attempt to the bridge the gap between t...
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Huawei Mate 9
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Surface Pro 4
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 3 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 4 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 5 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Sony's PlayStation 4 Pro finally adds 4K video support for local files
- HBO brought its best shows to life at SXSW with an awesome escape room
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
- Facebook adds Apple TV and Chromecast support as video push ramps up
- Remocam review: This security camera can control your home appliances
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- Subaru XV 2017 review
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTSenior Performance AnalystQLD
- TPSystems Analyst - WHS ImplementationNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPBusiness Implementation ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - General InsuranceNSW
- FTSenior Lead Developer/Architect - TelcoVIC
- FTJava Developer - Short team Contract @ CanberraNSW
- CCSAP FICO Support AnalystWA
- FTTechnical Solutions ArchitectWA
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- CCSAP BPC SME/Consultant - BRISBANE BASEDQLD
- FTAutomation Test AnalystSA
- TPProject Manager - General InsuranceNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerACT
- CCICT Strategist and AdvisorNSW
- CCApplication Support Specialist- Bathurst or Port MacquarieNSW
- FTPeoplesoft Functional Consultant - Campus SolutionsNSW
- CCTest Manager with PV Security ClearanceACT
- CCSalesforce Functional AnalystNSW
- CCChange LeadNSW
- TPGIS Resource Data & TestingQLD
- CCProcess Assurance LeadNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst (Level 1 Support)NSW