For those of you with a 4K TV who want to get the best out of it sooner rather than later, one of the ways to do so is to shoot your own 4K videos. It's possible to shoot such video with many new digital still cameras, and if you already own a capabl...
Fishing enthusiasts and cyclists know all about Shimano reels and gears. Based on that name recognition, the company will no doubt be hoping that users of its products will also have a mind to check out the action cam it's offering. It's called the S...
Panasonic’s DMC-GH4 is a serious camera that’s designed for the most creative of minds. It’s a Micro Four Thirds-based, interchangeable lens camera that packs not only an excellent ability to capture stills, but also the ability to record ultra-high ...
The Uniden G1420 Digital Wireless Surveillance Pack is a camera kit that can be used for triggered, timed or manual surveillance recordings, and it's dead simple to set up and use.
The Kogan Full HD Action Camera wants to compete with the GoPro HERO3, the Contour ROAM 2 and Sony’s Action Cam. It’s a compact, fixed-lens video camera that can record Full HD, 1080p video at 30 frames per second, as well as 720p HD video at 60fps -...
Along with GoPro, Contour is one of the two big names in extreme sports ‘action’ cameras -- small, simple video recorders with weatherproof bodies, designed to be strapped to a snowboard, a motocross helmet or a pair of scuba goggles.
GoPro and Contour have an established history in ‘action’ video cameras -- small, durable video recorders with basic controls and wide-angle lenses. Swann is not a name you’d associate with these products — they’re a security camera company -- ...
The Sony HDR-PJ200E is a tiny camcorder with a built in projector. It performs well and is a lovely gadget for frequent travellers: capture some neat footage during the day, then at night project the results on an empty wall wherever you happen to be...
When we looked at the Contour+ video camera we were impressed with its video quality and size, but of more value was its miniature construction -- it easily fit in a pocket, or could be thrown in a backpack. What made it great was the extra Bluetooth...
Stephanie Gilmore brightens up a gloomy Bondi beach as she poses for photographers with her trusty Nikon Coolpix AW100.
The Contour+, from extreme sports video camera company Contour, is a tough and compact camera that records Full HD video at a variety of quality settings and frame rates. It has the potential to be an indispensable tool for anyone looking to record t...
I must confess: I'm not a regular camcorder user. (When you look at the sample footage embedded in this article that will become obvious to you -- Ed.) I prefer the convenience of a digital SLR or compact camera instead, and I rarely have a need to s...
When it comes to video editing, nothing ever happens quickly enough, no matter how powerful your computer.
If you're a fan of The Office, you might recall the character Angela setting up a live stream camera so she could watch her cats while at work.
The Microsoft LifeCam HD-5000 is sleek black with a chrome accent and an unusual rubber clip. This could be moulded to fit the back of a laptop screen or monitor and also allowed the lens to be tilted up or down.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Nvidia's pricey Shield Android TV adds some value with 4K YouTube and Netflix HDR in US
- Netflix's Fast.com download tester takes its war against slow ISPs directly to the user
- Nearly 100 classic NFL games headed to YouTube
- Netflix isn’t big on virtual reality for the obvious reasons
- Netflix loosens up streaming video, letting users choose their cellular speed limit
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- CCPMO SupportQLD
- CCTechnical PM - Magento E-Commerce SolutionNSW
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical Services SpecialistACT
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- FTStorage SpecialistVIC
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- CCProject/ Change ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTSOE SpecialistACT
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- CCQA OfficerACT
- CCOracle Fusion SOA/BPEL DeveloperVIC
- FTQuality ManagerACT
- CCSystems Engineer - NV2ACT
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC