Considering the TV series House centers around an unorthodox doctor, it isn't too surprising that the production crew took an unorthodox approach to filming the Season Six finale.
The realistic audio-visual atmosphere of telepresence combined with off-channel instant messaging is giving rise to a new social phenomenon dubbed teleflirtation.
French search specialist Exalead thinks it's cracked one of the big challenges of search, making video searchable, and has landed a high-profile customer to prove it: the Web site of France's President.
Popular video sharing site YouTube was inaccessible to users this morning, displaying an 'Http/1.1 Service Unavailable' warning instead of the site's front page. Mirror sites, such as www.youtube.co.uk and www.youtube.com.au, were also closed for bus...
If you love an old-fashioned courtroom battle with a new media twist, the Google vs. Viacom copyright-infringement case makes for great entertainment. This lengthy (and particularly pissy) quarrel, which dates back to 2007, centers on Viacom's claim ...
Google and Viacom exchanged corporate unpleasantries on Thursday after the release of previously sealed documents in Viacom's three-year-old lawsuit against Google alleging copyright infringement on YouTube.
Sony is developing a 3D camera that will give consumers the ability to create their own 3D content, the head of Sony's digital imaging business unit said Thursday.
The launch of Apple's iPad will pave the way for a slew of rival products this year, an Arm executive said Wednesday, predicting over 50 tablet PC devices will be launched globally.
What can you do with 322 terabits per second? Cisco Systems says it's enough bandwidth to allow every person in China to make a video call -- simultaneously. And if that's something you want to do, Cisco says it now has hardware capable of the task.
YouTube is rolling out automatic captions to millions of the clips hosted on the video-sharing site.
With the introduction of TiVo Premiere, the DVR maker has a shot at staying relevant as Internet video grows.
Ruslan Kogan, founder and director of Kogan Technologies, yesterday announced a price drop across his company’s consumer electronics range. The announcement was made at Kickstart Forum 2010 Queensland, where key journalists and vendors meet to discus...
A telepresence system that uses a transparent screen can make meeting participants appear as if they are in the same room, without the need for 3-D glasses, vendor Digital Video Enterprises says.
Tuesday May 4 has been named as this year's Day against Digital Rights Management (DRM) by the President of the Free Software Foundation.
After Chile's massive earthquake and potential Pacific Rim tsunami damage, relief organizations, government agencies, corporations and throngs of people are on Google, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and other services to seek and provide information and ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- D-Link camera can be hijacked to become a spy-cam
- Nvidia's pricey Shield Android TV adds some value with 4K YouTube and Netflix HDR in US
- Netflix's Fast.com download tester takes its war against slow ISPs directly to the user
- Nearly 100 classic NFL games headed to YouTube
- Netflix isn’t big on virtual reality for the obvious reasons
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTechnical Support - ImplementationsVIC
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- CCSystems Monitoring Specialist - Foglight focusNSW
- FTJava DeveloperAsia
- FTManager of Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- FTAppian Developer/ArchitectVIC
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/Oracle) 160617/AP/025Asia
- CCData ArchitectSA
- CCTechnology DeveloperVIC
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW