Viacom's US$1 billion copyright infringement lawsuit against Google's video-sharing site YouTube has been dismissed by the court, ending for now an acrimonious legal battle between the companies that has been going on for more than three years.
Digital Video - News
Toshiba America Electronic Components Inc. today announced plans to ship a 128GB embedded NAND flash memory module, the highest capacity available for smart phones, tablet PCs and digital video cameras.
Are your YouTube videos so good they deserve to be in a museum? Thanks to a partnership between Google and the Guggenheim Museum in New York your you stand, at least, a remote chance.
Boris FX has announced Boris Red 5. Boris Red is an integrated 3D compositing, titling, and effects application designed for Adobe, Apple, Avid, Grass Valley, Media 100, and Sony video editing software. Version 5 introduces support for 64-bit applica...
Boinx Software has released FotoMagico 3.5, which sees the debut of plug-ins for Apple Final Cut Pro, Final Cut Express, Motion and Adobe After Effects. The company says that the native plug-in integration allows editors and motion graphic artists to...
The announcement of the newest iPhone is (supposedly) just around the corner, and San Mateo County courts have just now decided to go forward with the Gizmodo-iPhone-prototype investigation.
Quantenna Communications has unveiled the newest version of its 802.11n Wi-Fi chipset, one of the few to use four transmit and receive antennas for very high and reliable throughput.
NEC has released the SpectraView Reference 241, the first model in a new range for creative pros. The company says that for maximum image quality and stability, the new model features a hardware-calibratable, wide-format LC display that offers 10-bit...
Videoconferencing company Vidyo has extended its SDK to the Android and Moblin mobile software platforms so users of smartphones and tablets can virtually meet with colleagues who are using PCs and full-room conference systems.
The Pakistan government is considering removing a ban on YouTube and Facebook, a senior minister said on Wednesday.
The serious riots in Bangkok this week have taken a tragic toll out on the streets, but have also sparked an unprecedented emergence of amateur news gathering, shared over YouTube, Facebook and Twitter, which has proved ideal for the fast-moving situ...
Pakistan's telecommunications regulator, Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA), said on Thursday that it has directed ISPs to block YouTube after material considered "sacrilegious" was found on it.
Mozilla and Opera Software on Wednesday backed Google's new open-source, royalty-free video format, and all three browser makers issued developer builds incorporating WebM.
The news this week of Google's open-source release of the HD video codec VP8 plays into the ongoing debate over which video codec browsers can use to display high-definition video without a plug-in, such as Adobe Flash or Microsoft Silverlight.
OmniVision Technologies has introduced its OV2720, which it claims is the world's smallest high-definition (HD) CMOS image sensor. It's intended for notebooks, netbooks, and webcams. For the uninitiated, OmniVision develops camera technology for phon...
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
- Facebook adds Apple TV and Chromecast support as video push ramps up
- Remocam review: This security camera can control your home appliances
- Logitech's C922 webcam is the revered C920's vastly upgraded successor
- Jump the line for the newest Chromecast features with Google's new preview program
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPProject Coordinator/Junior Project ManagerVIC
- TPInfrastructure Project ManagerVIC
- TPProject OfficerNSW
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- TPLead Change Manager - ERPVIC
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- FTWeb Developer / Applications AnalystQLD
- TPEnvironment Specialist(DevOps)QLD
- CCDevops EngineerNSW
- CCBPM Technical AnalystVIC
- FTPMO Project Analytics and Tools ManagerNSW
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- TPOrganisational Change Manager - ICT Services TransformationQLD
- CCProject Manager (Event Management)NSW
- FTLevel 3 Support AnalystVIC
- CCDelphix Technical SpecialistVIC
- FTNodeJS DeveloperNSW
- TPIteration ManagerNSW
- CCSAP/ Nakisa Implementation ConsultantQLD
- FTHR Payroll ConsultantQLD
- TPFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)QLD
- FTSenior Project Manager - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD