OmniVision Technologies has introduced its OV2720, which it claims is the world's smallest high-definition (HD) CMOS image sensor. It's intended for notebooks, netbooks, and webcams. For the uninitiated, OmniVision develops camera technology for phon...
Google plans to acquire video and VoIP (Voice over IP) codec developer Global IP Solutions (GIPS) for approximately 421 million Norwegian kronor (US$68.2 million) in cash, the company said on Tuesday.
YouTube turns five today, and with 2 billion daily users to celebrate the birthday, is safe to say the video site is having a good life. Still, the road to the big "zero five" -- that's a long time in Internet years -- wasn't without potholes. Here's...
Sharp revealed its first 3D camera for mobile devices this Wednesday, detailing that they plan to start production of the module before the end of the year.
Sony Australia today announced a new HD camcorder that will use interchangeable lenses. The yet-to-be-named prototype records video in the AVCHD format and will incorporate key technologies from Sony’s new interchangeable-lens compact stills camera r...
Apple's next-gen iPhone? Source: Gizmodo.com California authorities are investigating the lost Apple iPhone prototype incident that made news earlier this week, according to a report by CNET News today.
Apple's next big thing may be a video platform that combines cameras in the next versions of the iPhone and iPad with the giant data center the company's building in North Carolina, an analyst said today.
Cisco finally announced the newest member of its Flip family, the Flip Slide HD. This newest Flip camcorder sports a three-inch resistive touchscreen for viewing your home flicks as well as 720p video, and 16GB of storage for recording up to four ho...
Considering the TV series House centers around an unorthodox doctor, it isn't too surprising that the production crew took an unorthodox approach to filming the Season Six finale.
The realistic audio-visual atmosphere of telepresence combined with off-channel instant messaging is giving rise to a new social phenomenon dubbed teleflirtation.
French search specialist Exalead thinks it's cracked one of the big challenges of search, making video searchable, and has landed a high-profile customer to prove it: the Web site of France's President.
Popular video sharing site YouTube was inaccessible to users this morning, displaying an 'Http/1.1 Service Unavailable' warning instead of the site's front page. Mirror sites, such as www.youtube.co.uk and www.youtube.com.au, were also closed for bus...
If you love an old-fashioned courtroom battle with a new media twist, the Google vs. Viacom copyright-infringement case makes for great entertainment. This lengthy (and particularly pissy) quarrel, which dates back to 2007, centers on Viacom's claim ...
Google and Viacom exchanged corporate unpleasantries on Thursday after the release of previously sealed documents in Viacom's three-year-old lawsuit against Google alleging copyright infringement on YouTube.
Sony is developing a 3D camera that will give consumers the ability to create their own 3D content, the head of Sony's digital imaging business unit said Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- YouTube dives into VR, live-streaming with 360 video
- Netflix stops insisting it will never support offline videos
- YouTube rolling out live 360-degree videos with immersive Coachella experience
- Sony cranks up optical disc storage to 3.3TB
- How a Canberra specialist is helping digitise valuable Nelson Mandela footage
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCUX Designer and UX ResearcherVIC
- CCIT Network SpecialistVIC
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager - Workforce ManagementVIC
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- CCL3 - Network Design and Support EngineerNSW
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC