Canon has announced what the company describes as its smallest professional digital video camera ever. The Canon XA10 is a Full HD (1080p) digital camcorder with a HD CMOS Pro 1/3in sensor; according to Canon, the sensor is 260 per cent larger than t...
Digital Video - News
BenQ Australia today launched two new budget digital camcorders. The BenQ Camcorder S11 is a pocket Full HD (1080p) video camera that has an integrated LED-based pico projector for playing back footage. The BenQ Camcorder S21 is also capable of 1080p...
Your move Apple: Google announced that they are changing Chrome's support of HTML5 'video' to be, in Google's view, more friendly towards open development. The H.264 codec is being removed in favor of the Theora and VP8 video codecs as well as any h...
Amateur filmmakers have no excuses now--film director Park Chan-Wook has just finished shooting a major motion picture with an iPhone.
This year's Consumer Electronics Show attracted around 140,000 people, easily surpassing pre-show estimates and beating the two prior events, the event's organizers said late Sunday.
New BD-Live material has just been announced for the standard Blu-ray edition of James Cameron's Avatar. The downloadable content will include special features from the Extended Edition Blu-ray, which will hit stores later on 24 November.
Primary and secondary school students from across Australia congregated at the Sydney Powerhouse Museum yesterday for the Panasonic Kid Witness News (KWN) awards. KWN is a video competition that encourages school students to shoot, direct and star in...
New handheld video cameras in the popular Flip line acquired by Cisco in March last year will hit Australia in early November, the company announced this week.
Cisco is set to launch three new Flip pocket camcorders at the end of the month - an 8GB and a 4GB Flip Ultra HD and an 8GB Flip Mino HD. All three will come with image stabilisation and updated FlipShare editing software.
This year, BenQ plans to break into the Australian camcorder market with a range of affordable, self-branded digital video cameras. Each model in the BenQ camcorder range features Full HD video recording (1080x1920p), plus unique features such as dua...
Avaya had barely announced its new portable video device on Wednesday when just about everybody started calling it the Flare Tablet.
The video surveillance industry is undergoing a sea change as older analog systems give way to IP-based systems.
In a move that will legally bring more American TV shows and films to the Internet in China, Ku6 Media, an operator of one of the country's largest video hosting sites, has signed content deals with Sony Pictures Television and a major Hollywood stud...
Aiptek has introduced the i2, a pocket-sized twin lens camcorder that can record 3D video, at the IFA consumer electronics show in Berlin.
Panasonic used the broiling, hectic setting of the U.S. Open tennis tourney in New York Wednesday to showcase the capabilities of its first handheld consumer-grade 3D camcorder. On a day so hot and humid that one athlete, Victoria Azarenka, collapsed...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
- Facebook adds Apple TV and Chromecast support as video push ramps up
- Remocam review: This security camera can control your home appliances
- Logitech's C922 webcam is the revered C920's vastly upgraded successor
- Jump the line for the newest Chromecast features with Google's new preview program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTProject Manager (HR, Payroll)VIC
- CCFront End Developer (UI) - 12 Month ContractNSW
- FTSecurity Consultant / SMENSW
- CCInfrastructure Specialist :SCOMWA
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- TPFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCAX Functional SupportQLD
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCSenior Digital DesignerNSW
- CCTechnical Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - Exchange 2010NSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- TPSolution Architect - PortalWA
- CCApplication Support DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Identity Access ManagementACT
- TPICT Security SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Margin ProjectsNSW
- FTChief Enterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTFrontend Developer/DesignerNSW
- FTLua DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Process Analyst - Telco (Sydney CBD)NSW
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperVIC
- CCService Desk Analyst - Major Government Client / ParramattaNSW