Top Chinese search engine Baidu.com will open a separate company that offers online video, Baidu said late Wednesday, a service likely to prove popular as the company fights Google for search market share.
Online video consumption has skyrocketed in the U.S., and while Google remains safely at the top of the heap, entertainment-heavy MySpace ironically has seen a drop in unique viewers and videos served.
Despite playing a soft hand in terms of new cameras, Canon went all-in with its high-definition camcorder announcements at the 2010 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
Skype users can now make high-definition video calls as long as they have an HD webcam and sufficient bandwidth and processing power, Skype said on Tuesday. The company also announced that HDTVs will ship later this year with its Internet calling sof...
The Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG) revealed this Thursday a host of new innovations to be featured its next iteration of the popular Bluetooth wireless protocol.
The reason the U.S. military didn’t encrypt video streams from drone aircraft flying over war zones is that soldiers without security clearances needed access to the video, and if it were encrypted, anyone using it would require security clearance, a...
The most popular videos on YouTube this year were of a Scottish talent show winner, a little boy returning from the dentist, and some wedding guests dancing down a church aisle.
A unified communication provider, research analyst firm and independent technology consultant all agree that cost both motivates and prohibits the use of video collaboration tools in the enterprise.
The Wireless Home Digital Interface (WHDI) Consortium announced on Tuesday that their wireless technology specification has finally reached a completed state. The new standard will give consumers the ability to transmit high definition (HD) content a...
Wi-Fi equipment vendor Ruckus Wireless has patented a technique that appears to be widely used to improve video on wireless LANs.
A pub in the UK has been fined £8,000 after web users used its Wi-Fi connection to illegally download copyrighted material.
Mininova, one of the largest peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing sites next to The Pirate Bay, has now removed most of its links to copyrighted content. The site complied with a Dutch court ruling from August. Mininova has said it is considering appealin...
PC Tools' Malware Research Center is warning web users of another online scam that hopes to piggyback on hype surrounding the new Twilight New Moon film.
Milan prosecutors Wednesday sought prison sentences ranging from six months to one year for four Google executives accused of violating Italy's privacy laws over the posting of a video showing the bullying of a handicapped teenage boy.
Amazon has boosted the battery life of its Kindle e-reader and added native support for PDF documents, and you don't even have to buy new hardware to get the benefits.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- U2 tours with all-flash array to rock latest video effects
- Presto finds an unlikely ally in Quickflix
- Olympus targets movie makers with OM-D E-M5 Mark II camera
- Foxtel bands with Seven Network ahead of Neftlix's upcoming launch
- SanDisk eyes 4K video market with high-speed 512GB SD card
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- CCIBM InfoSphere ConsultantACT
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- CCTeradata DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCCisco Program Manager - Data Centre/Security ImplementationNSW
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CC.NET DeveloperNSW
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCSecurity Consultant/Analyst (Data Loss Prevention)WA
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperQLD