The parents of a Pennsylvania high school student have asked a federal judge to bar school district personnel from switching on cameras in school-issued MacBook laptops, calling the security feature "peeping tom technology."
Digital Video - News
Google has finished its acquisition of video-compression-technology vendor On2 Technologies, boosting its efforts in online video.
New research reveals half of Aussie men have cried over a song.
Bell Canada is claiming the Vancouver 2010 Olympic network as the first IP-based converged network at any Olympic or Paralympic Games.
Cisco has been saying for years that mobile video data traffic content is exploding, and it now expects the amount of video traffic in 2014 to be 66% of all mobile data traffic by 2014. That prediction came in a new forecast by the networking company...
As if the whole John Edwards farce couldn't get any more ridiculous, now one of his ex-aides, Andrew Young, who also happens to be touting his tell-all book about Edwards, has announced that he 'found' a video tape of, shall we say, a highly personal...
The online video market continued to grow in December, as nearly 178 million U.S. Internet users watched 33.2 billion videos in the month alone, said comScore last week. When broken down, the numbers mean that 86.5 percent of total U.S. Internet user...
Sony returned to the black in the last three months of 2009, achieving its first operating profit in five quarters and cutting its forecast loss for its full fiscal year, which ends March 31.
Ustream, a service that provides live video streaming across the Internet, has attracted US$20 million in investment from Japan's Softbank and is planning an expansion into Asia, it said Tuesday.
Google has quietly turned on IPv6 support for its YouTube video streaming Web site, sending a spike of IPv6 traffic across the Internet that has continued from last Thursday until Monday.
A Chinese company that sells a tablet PC like Apple's newly announced iPad may sue the U.S. company over the similar design between the devices, it said Monday.
Cisco Systems has gotten the ball rolling toward interoperability among all high-end videoconferencing platform by licensing the Telepresence Interoperability Protocol (TIP) to other vendors, but the ability to plug any two systems together may be a ...
Google has redesigned YouTube's video page interface because it has become "cluttered and a little overwhelming" by Google's own admission.
Sony Ericsson has launched another Symbian-based smartphone, the Vivaz, which supports video recording at 720p and comes with an 8-megapixel camera.
YouTube is taking its first steps into the online movie-rental business, starting with a handful of films from the Sundance Film Festival that it will offer on its Web site starting this weekend.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Facebook adds Apple TV and Chromecast support as video push ramps up
- Remocam review: This security camera can control your home appliances
- Logitech's C922 webcam is the revered C920's vastly upgraded successor
- Jump the line for the newest Chromecast features with Google's new preview program
- Sony's PlayStation 4 'Shingen' update adds HDR support to every PS4 console
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCStrategy AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Project Specialist - SchedulingVIC
- CCSenior Java Developer-Java SE 8, HTTP APIs, Protocol BuffersNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (System Backup Operation) 161014/ITA/523Asia
- CCDemand ManagerNSW
- CCSAP Finance Business AnalystNSW
- CCContract Management SpecialistNSW
- FTSr. Insight SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Internet/Intranet) 161019/P/615Asia
- CCIT Manager - ANZNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - Site MoveNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- FTProject Manager - Intelligent Transport SolutionsNSW
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (Oracle/SSADM) 161027/SSA/634Asia
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation) 161031/ITA/541Asia
- CCAccounts Payable/Contract Officer- NSW Government backgroundNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 161019/JP/552Asia
- FTSenior Consultant Commercial PricingVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior UX DesignerAsia
- FTProject Manager - FinanceNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - NetApp, Exchange, ADNSW