AT&T said it will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4 billion, reflecting a continuing trend for the consolidation of communications and media companies.
Digital Video - News
Facebook recently added the ability for iOS users to cast to an Apple TV or Chromecast, and Android support is coming soon.
Remocam helps you keep an eye on your home—and control your home devices.
Announced at TwitchCon, the Logitech C922 allows for automatic background removal and 720p/60 captures.
Google hasn't said what's coming yet, but if you sign up for the initiative you'll be part of the group that's in the know.
Sony's latest update to the PlayStation 4's system software adds high dynamic range support for older consoles.
The Bolt+ builds on the original Bolt, featuring six tuners and 3TB of onboard storage.
D-Link is working to fix a weakness that allows attackers to take over remote control of one of its camera so they can eavesdrop, and the company is checking whether others of its products have similar vulnerabilities.
Software Upgrade 3.2 to Nvidia's Shield Android TV media streamer will add a number of nifty updates for higher-quality video apps and games. However, it remains pricey compared to a traditional streaming device like Roku.
Netflix’s war against poor speeds from Internet service providers (ISPs) has a new weapon: The company's Fast.com utility can tell you the download speed between your home and Netflix's servers.
The NFL and YouTube have a new agreement that brings classic NFL games in full to Google's video site, as well as more NFL content in Google search.
Netflix: Virtual realty has too few users, and isn’t conducive to binge-watching.
Netflix’s data controls come shortly after the company admitted that it had been throttling video quality on AT&T and Verizon networks for more than five years. Netflix users can now watch around four hours per gigabyte of cellular data by dialing do...
YouTube announced today that it is launching live streaming of 360-degree videos.
Netflix learns to never say never about downloading videos for offline viewing.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
- Facebook adds Apple TV and Chromecast support as video push ramps up
- Remocam review: This security camera can control your home appliances
- Logitech's C922 webcam is the revered C920's vastly upgraded successor
- Jump the line for the newest Chromecast features with Google's new preview program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTNetwork ArchitectVIC
- FTTraining & Implementation Manager, PlatformNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior AEM Support AnalystVIC
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- CCSecurity Administrator - CheckpointVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTHead of User ResearchNSW
- CCSenior Back-end Developer/Database DesignerNSW
- FTBusiness Systems Analyst/Salesforce Developer APEXNSW
- FTDevOps/L2 Support EngineerVIC
- FTSoftware DeveloperWA
- FTSoftware Developer - LMSNSW
- FTSenior Manager, Data and InformationQLD
- CCMainframe Project ManagerVIC
- FTSenior / Lead UX DesignerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Agile DigitalVIC
- TPNetwork AdministratorWA
- TPSenior Test Analyst - Data ReconciliationQLD
- CCWeb Services Tester- Test AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperOther
- CCWindows Systems Engineer - AD, VMware, RedHat experienceNSW
- FTAgile Business AnalystQLD
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)VIC
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW