Sony took the CES by storm by unveiling a bunch of new products and updating a few fan favorites. here's a look at some of the products that'll be in stores this year, from TVs, to laptops to camcorders big and small.
We round up some of the coolest tech at CES 2011.
The IFA has a storied past as well as notable celebrities and some "first" technology ever seen in Europe. From Einstein to Xbox, the IFA has shown it all. Some products, like the 3DTV, were ahead of their time. Others, like the MiniDisc...well, just...
While 3D movies are already experiencing something of a backlash, technology vendors are still pushing forward with 3D content -- trying to persuade us that 3D is to 2D what talkies were to silents.
If your dad is anything like mine, he probably thinks he's a dab hand with a video camera (apparently it's a middle-aged male thing; like operating the remote on a VCR). Whenever the family gets together, it always seems to be dad who's in charge of ...
We scoured the internet to bring you eight of the funniest tech videos the web has to offer. Sure, they didn't feature musical pets or dancing babies, and they had merely hundreds of thousands of views, but they rated high for geek entertainment.
PaltalkScene is a full-featured messaging/chat program that includes video, audio, and a host of other bells and whistles, as well as the ability to send and receive messages from several other chat programs or protocols, including Facebook and Yahoo...
People just can't get enough of Old Spice Guy's YouTube responses to tweets from everyday users, celebrities, magazines and even Old Spice Guy's alter ego. The Internet meme kicked off last Tuesday when Old Spice's Twitter account was commandeered by...
In the past few years, video-capable DSLRs and compact interchangeable-lens cameras have gained momentum in the world of filmmaking: they have big sensors, shallow depth-of-field capabilities, versatile interchangeable lenses, and affordable prices w...
Lego is one of the icons of modern civilisation. The colourful Danish-produced blocks have been voted the toy of the 20th century twice: by Fortune Magazine and the British Association of Toy Retailers. Although videos with a Lego theme are not a new...
Not that Microsoft has anything against e-mail – after all, it's made a killing on Outlook over the years – but the company realizes being too addicted to traditional messaging can bog you down.
ArcSoft MediaConverter 4 (US$50) is an easy-to-use video transcoder that's tailored for output to handheld devices. Alas, we're talking close but no cigar. The interface is a tad odd, it lags behind competitors such as Xilisoft in codec support, and ...
Apple is expected to announce its fourth-generation iPhone hardware on Monday that will include a forward-facing camera that can be used for video chat, allowing real-time wireless videoconferencing.
There are only 21 days left before the first kick at 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa. But as millions of fans from across the globe wait in anticipation for that first goal to be scored, behind the scene host broadcaster ESPN of Bristol, CT., is ...
With ever-improving sensors, on-board editing tools, and wireless sharing features, smartphones are a popular option for capturing video on the go. But not all smartphone camcorders are created equal: In my head-to-head tests, I found that certain ph...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- YouTube dives into VR, live-streaming with 360 video
- Netflix stops insisting it will never support offline videos
- YouTube rolling out live 360-degree videos with immersive Coachella experience
- Sony cranks up optical disc storage to 3.3TB
- How a Canberra specialist is helping digitise valuable Nelson Mandela footage
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- FTIT Support Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC