The Sony Bravia KDL40ZX1 is a Full HD LCD television that uses a high-definition wireless media streamer for delivering video. It is a great demonstration of the direction LCD television technology is taking and it comes highly recommended -- if you can cope with the outrageous price tag.
Video & TV
The alpha test version of Boxee's online multimedia software for Windows PCs will be released to the public on June 23, Boxee founder Avner Ronen said Thursday.
China could gradually become a big market for Blu-ray Disc, but for now the optical disc format faces the problems of thrifty buyers, piracy and a competing Chinese disc format for playing high-definition video.
The Panasonic TH-50PZ850A is a pretty good value, especially in view of its generous array of extra features. Not only can it display your pictures and run your videos off its SD card slot, but this set also does an adequate, though not extraordinary, job displaying movies and TV shows.
New LG plasma televisions include internal hard drives for recording TV shows.
Bella has announced the HD Mouse, a wireless mouse with specific functions for video editors and motion graphics artists. It will be shown for the first time at the NAB trade show next week, and begin shipping in early May for US$69.95.
The Pioneer Kuro PDP-LX609A is an excellent plasma television that we think will remain the benchmark for a long time to come.
The InFocus IN83 is a 1080p home theatre projector using a 7 segment DLP colour wheel. In conjunction with the newest DarkChip4 video processor, this means the InFocus IN83 projector is able to produce a good native contrast ratio and static black levels. Colour accuracy is spot-on, while the projector’s lens creates a crisp image despite a lack of setup versatility.
The Sony XEL-1 is the company's first OLED television screen. Priced at &6999, it has an 11-inch panel with a resolution of 960x540 — which may not sound impressive — but Sony claims the XEL-1 has better image quality than any existing television technologies.
Toshiba's development of a TV based on the Cell processor is on schedule and due to be launched in about six months, the company said Tuesday.
Sharp has announced the release of a new range of LCD televisions with the introduction of the D77X series. These televisions offer a good mix of price and performance, featuring 100Hz motion smoothing, a 50000:1 dynamic contrast ratio and a new LCD panel designed to deliver maximum image quality.
Samsung has announced three new LED-backlit television series.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has asked for delays in a court case against its wireless "white spaces" decision until after it has reviewed petitions that were filed to the agency itself.
We've put together a guide to make sure you aren't left behind by the digital television changeover.
The InFocus X9 is an entry level home theatre projector aimed at the average consumer. It is affordable and easy to use, with a good default colour setting and a highly detailed image. It is not designed to be a high-end home theatre projector, but its compromise between portability, image quality and price makes it a good choice for anyone looking to use a projector for big screen viewing.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Boxee for Windows alpha coming June 23
- Blu-ray Disc faces local competitor, piracy in China
- Bella launches HD Mouse for video editors
- Sony releases first OLED television
- Toshiba's Cell TV on track for autumn launch
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSecurity LeadNSW
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- CCMS Dynamics CRM Functional ConsultantQLD
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTUX/UI DesignerWA
- TPAutomation Test EngineerQLD
- CCTesting and Support Services ManagerNSW
- CCMedical Imaging Solution ArchitectQLD
- TPJava Developer - ContractQLD
- FTOracle IDM R1/R2 Implementation SpecialistNSW
- CCTechnical lead (Informatica MDM)QLD
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- FTServicing Financial Planner - CBDNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)QLD
- CCSecurity/Server EngineerNSW
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).VIC
- CCJava Developer/ Web DesginerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst **FIFO TO MONGOLIA**WA
- FTEnterprise ArchitectACT
- FTChange Manager/ Project ManagerACT
- TPIT Document Writer And TrainerVIC
- CCSenior Project EngineerACT
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTHadoop DeveloperVIC