With Windows Movie Maker, importing and editing high-definition footage is as easy as leaping out of a plane. So, first things first, let's get that footage from camera to PC.
Digital Home Advisor - Tutorials
We show you how to create the perfect home move, complete with titles, music and transitions, then output it to DVD or as an email attachment.
A backlit scene -- one in which the main light source is behind the subject so you're shooting into the light -- is to photography what a 7/10 split is to bowling, or parallel parking on a steep hill is to driving a car.
Desktop calendar applications are great if you're always at your desk or if you're diligent about syncing with your PDA or phone. But if you like to travel light, it may be time for you to switch to a calendar that you can access from any Internet te...
After the usual lengthy alpha phase and more than a little hullaballoo over potential privacy concerns, Google Health has launched. While it remains to be seen whether entrusting your personal health records to Google is ultimately a good idea, the s...
Even though my SP3 update went well, maybe yours didn't. So far, I've heard from about a dozen readers experiencing problem installations. This week, I share a few complaints and show you a fix for one of the most common errors.
Collaborating with other members of your team to create and modify documents is a common business need. But what's the best way to handle this task? A new online document collaboration service called HyLighter lets you use colour coding to highlight ...
"Dollar for dollar you'll get more power and features in a PC assembled by a big company than in one you build yourself." That's the conventional wisdom. But new standards and improved component integration that packs more functions into fewer parts ...
If you look closely enough at photos taken with a digital single-lens reflex (SLR) camera that's been used for a while, you'll probably see the dark silhouette of sensor grime. These opaque specks -- the result of dust and detritus that has settled i...
The Curves tool allows you to correct the exposure of your photo by tweaking the brightness and contrast. It's kind of like using Levels or the Histogram.
What's worse than the sudden, unexpected appearance of a blue screen filled with white text? Recurring appearances of blue screens filled with white text. The fewer times you have to read the maddeningly passive-voice observation "A problem has been ...
If you use your Research In Motion (RIM) BlackBerry's Bluetooth wireless connectivity, it's probably to connect to a hands-free headset or ear piece so you can drive or take notes during conversations, or a set of earphones to beam your latest tunes ...
Howard Schmidt was reluctant to hop on the social networking bandwagon - a byproduct, he says, of the paranoia he internalises as a security professional. Eventually, though, Schmidt - the one-time cybersecurity adviser to President Bush and itineran...
Even if you're paying top dollar for high-speed Internet service, you may not be getting the performance you expect. Follow our guide to boost your broadband speed.
Transform your network to enhance your personal and professional life
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- EC says LCD screen cartel is active globally
- Sharp to increase LCD panel production on higher demand
- Dick Smith report says Australians keen to switch to digital radio
- Samsung, Numonyx to develop PCM specifications
- Faster SD cards could reach devices next year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCNetwork Specialist - IPAM TelcoVIC
- FTJunior Software Developer - SASACT
- CCSME in Openstack, AWSNSW
- CCSAP Consultant - SAP Native HANA to DesignWA
- FTLife/400 Resource - PermanentNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerQLD
- FTSalesforce AdministratorQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTStorage Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCUI UX AnalystWA
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Internet of ThingsNSW
- TPTechnical ConsultantNSW
- FTIT Project Coordinator - Mascot/AlexandriaNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Supply Chain Modules)ACT
- TPFunctional AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTFront End Web DeveloperQLD
- TPFront End DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- TPSAP Helpdesk SupportACT
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - SQLACT
- FTERP ConsultantQLD
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTNetwork Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCLevel 2 IT Service DeskQLD