With Windows Movie Maker, importing and editing high-definition footage is as easy as leaping out of a plane. So, first things first, let's get that footage from camera to PC.
Digital Home Advisor - Tutorials
We show you how to create the perfect home move, complete with titles, music and transitions, then output it to DVD or as an email attachment.
A backlit scene -- one in which the main light source is behind the subject so you're shooting into the light -- is to photography what a 7/10 split is to bowling, or parallel parking on a steep hill is to driving a car.
Desktop calendar applications are great if you're always at your desk or if you're diligent about syncing with your PDA or phone. But if you like to travel light, it may be time for you to switch to a calendar that you can access from any Internet te...
After the usual lengthy alpha phase and more than a little hullaballoo over potential privacy concerns, Google Health has launched. While it remains to be seen whether entrusting your personal health records to Google is ultimately a good idea, the s...
Even though my SP3 update went well, maybe yours didn't. So far, I've heard from about a dozen readers experiencing problem installations. This week, I share a few complaints and show you a fix for one of the most common errors.
Collaborating with other members of your team to create and modify documents is a common business need. But what's the best way to handle this task? A new online document collaboration service called HyLighter lets you use colour coding to highlight ...
"Dollar for dollar you'll get more power and features in a PC assembled by a big company than in one you build yourself." That's the conventional wisdom. But new standards and improved component integration that packs more functions into fewer parts ...
If you look closely enough at photos taken with a digital single-lens reflex (SLR) camera that's been used for a while, you'll probably see the dark silhouette of sensor grime. These opaque specks -- the result of dust and detritus that has settled i...
The Curves tool allows you to correct the exposure of your photo by tweaking the brightness and contrast. It's kind of like using Levels or the Histogram.
What's worse than the sudden, unexpected appearance of a blue screen filled with white text? Recurring appearances of blue screens filled with white text. The fewer times you have to read the maddeningly passive-voice observation "A problem has been ...
If you use your Research In Motion (RIM) BlackBerry's Bluetooth wireless connectivity, it's probably to connect to a hands-free headset or ear piece so you can drive or take notes during conversations, or a set of earphones to beam your latest tunes ...
Howard Schmidt was reluctant to hop on the social networking bandwagon - a byproduct, he says, of the paranoia he internalises as a security professional. Eventually, though, Schmidt - the one-time cybersecurity adviser to President Bush and itineran...
Even if you're paying top dollar for high-speed Internet service, you may not be getting the performance you expect. Follow our guide to boost your broadband speed.
Transform your network to enhance your personal and professional life
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- EC says LCD screen cartel is active globally
- Sharp to increase LCD panel production on higher demand
- Dick Smith report says Australians keen to switch to digital radio
- Samsung, Numonyx to develop PCM specifications
- Faster SD cards could reach devices next year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPProject Manager - eDRMSQLD
- FTInfrastructure Solution ArchitectSA
- CCEnterprise Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCData Migration Lead - SAPNSW
- TPMobile Application DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPDigital Business Analyst | AgileQLD
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Travel and Expense Management SystemQLD
- CCAgile CoachWA
- CCService Desk Consultant-Baseline Clearance RequiredNSW
- CCeLearning Support Officer - Moodle/Google appsACT
- CCMid-level Java Developer / Programmer (Contract) Finance CBDNSW
- CCTechnical Project ManagerNSW
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- CCProgram Support OfficerNSW
- FTSystem EngineerVIC
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCProject SchedulerQLD
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- TPProgram ManagerNSW