With the launch of the latest instalment of the most popular football game on the planet this week, FIFA 09, we thought it would be appropriate to look back on some earlier versions of the franchise. Since FIFA International Soccer was launched in Christmas 1993, the franchise has gone from strength to strength. We take you on a trip down memory lane with screenshots from every FIFA title since 2001!
Digital Home Advisor
Sporting a black and silver motif and a minimalist design, Sony’s new VAIO RT range packs high-end performance into a small package. An all-in-one PC built largely for home entertainment purposes, the RT manages to fit in an Intel Core 2 Quad processor, 4GB of RAM, a 1TB hard drive, a Blu-ray drive and a 512MB nVidia GeForce9600M graphics card. Built onto the back of a Full HD 25.5in LCD screen with Windows Vista Ultimate installed, the RT isn’t a low-end PC. As yet there is no word on pricing or availability locally.
Nokia recently announced the launch of its first full touch-screen phone.
Far Cry 2 is the latest first person shooter from Ubisoft Montreal.
Microsoft's next-gen console has a truckload of games, a winning online formula with Xbox Live, and a controller that rests easy in your palms for hours on end.
Blasting its way onto the PlayStation 3 next May, inFamous follows the trials and tribulations of Cole, an Empire City resident who wakes after an earthquake to find his city in ruins.
Everyone’s (second) favourite retractable-armed hero is back after a 20-year hiatus. Inspector Gadget lawsuit pending
The sequel to EA’s Tony Hawk challenger is due to hit the pavement early next year. With double the moves and tricks -- both on and off the board -- it promises to be one of the most realistic skate games yet.
Metal Gear Solid 4 is the game that changed everything we thought we knew about video games. Joining Old Snake for yet another mission in MGS4 is a life changing experience, and it's filled with hours of awesome moments -- Raiden's rematch with Vamp, Metal Gear Rex facing off against the superior Metal Gear Ray, Snake's last fistfight with Liquid Ocelot, and many more. With the help of our MGS4 photo album, we're bringing you the 44 greatest moments in this epic title.
After several years of speculation, Microsoft has finally launched a wireless version of its popular Sidewinder gaming mouse. Featuring 2.4GHz wireless connectivity and the company’s brand new BlueTrack tracking technology, this is one serious piece of gaming hardware.
RIM has recently announced the launch of the first BlackBerry Flip handset, the Pearl 8220
Nintendo's most popular home console since the 16-bit era is providing some amazing new gameplay experiences. Here's 28 games no Wii fan should miss.
Bang & Olufsen -- one of the world’s leading manufacturers of high-end AV equipment -- has opened a flagship ‘glass cube’ showroom in the heart of Adelaide’s CBD. The two-story showroom features the full Bang & Olufsen (B&O) product range, as well as a BeoLiving Room built to demonstrate the experience of home cinema integration in your lounge room. For a peek at the new Apple-esque showroom, take a look at the following slideshow.
Apple has announced a refresh of two of its most popular iPods, the iPod touch and iPod nano, along with a new version of its iTunes music software.
The Godfather II is a new action-strategy game produced by Paramount Digital Entertainment and Electronic Arts. Inspired by the film and Mario Puzo’s Corleone family drama, it allows players to build a vast criminal empire across Florida, Cuba and New York. For all the latest screenshots, check out the following slideshow.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- EC says LCD screen cartel is active globally
- Sharp to increase LCD panel production on higher demand
- Dick Smith report says Australians keen to switch to digital radio
- Samsung, Numonyx to develop PCM specifications
- Faster SD cards could reach devices next year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- CCService DeskWA
- FTGraduate IT Administration SupportVIC
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- CCIBM MDM SpecialistVIC
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW