Tempers flare as we poll our journalists to discover what they believe are the best computer and console games of all time.
Digital Home Advisor
Looking for a way to get more from your iPod? There are an increasing array of products on the market these days with iPod docks built into them and today we take a look at some of the most expensive.
After the admitted failure that was Need for Speed: ProStreet, Electronic Arts has returned to the streets for the latest iteration in the popular racing franchise.
Who says the PS3 doesn't have great games? Like its predecessors, Sony's next-gen console is destined to be the home of some truly awe-inspiring games, and already has several gems to its credit. Here are the 24 titles that every PlayStation 3 owner should have in their collection.
Samsung is set to shake up the Australian mobile phone market in November with the launch of three new handsets.
Based on the animated series with the same name, the Afro Samurai video game follows the titular character in his travels. The character is voiced by none other than Samuel Jackson, while the game features a novel cel-shading style to make it appear like a moving comic book. The game will appear on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in early 2009
Apple announced several refreshes of computers in its Macbook line-up yesterday with updated Macbook and Macbook Pros. The new editions of the 13in Macbook and the 15in Macbook Pro feature an entirely redesigned chassis complete with a new manufacturing process, as well as revamped specifications. The new line-up ranges from $1649 for the Macbook to $3999 for the 15in Macbook Pro with a 2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor.
With three Spider-Man games already under its belt, Treyarch takes a different tack with Spider-Man: Web of Shadows. Rather than relying on the film franchise or more recent comic books, Web of Shadows harkens back to the classic Marvel universe, utilising the characters and world that seasoned Spider-Man fans have come to know and love. Players take control of Spider-Man as he joins with fellow heroes and villains to fight against Venom’s latest attack on New York City. The game is slated for release on 21 October this year, heading to the Nintendo DS, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PSP, Xbox 360, Wii and PC.
Sony Ericsson will this week launch its latest Cyber-shot camera phone, the C905.
These five games were refused classification by Australia’s classification board, the OFLC. Thanks to the lack of a mature R18+ rating in Australia, these games were either modified to a watered-down content level or pulled from sale altogether.
Precious childhood memories can often be destroyed by modern remakes, reinterpretations and sequels -- yeah, we're looking at you George Lucas.
A full year after its release in the US, Rock Band is finally on its way to Australian shores. But it’s not alone.
Navman Australia this week announced a completely new range of GPS navigation units, the S-Series Platinum. The S-Series Platinum consists of four models, ranging from the entry level S100 to the flagship S300t
Nintendo’s newest handheld console release is the DSi, an upgrade to the hugely successful DS Lite, which appeared on the market in 2006. The DSi is slightly thinner than its predecessor, with a 3.25in screen compared to the DS Lite’s 3in display.
It's the granddaddy of all consoles. It defines gaming culture.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- EC says LCD screen cartel is active globally
- Sharp to increase LCD panel production on higher demand
- Dick Smith report says Australians keen to switch to digital radio
- Samsung, Numonyx to develop PCM specifications
- Faster SD cards could reach devices next year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProject Manager NetworksNSW
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW
- CCIT Program ManagerACT
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCSenior Automation & Performance EngineerVIC
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia
- CCChange Manager- Success Factors/HCMNSW
- CCMultiple Oracle Fusion SOA/BPEL Developer OpportunitiesVIC
- FTStorage SpecialistVIC
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- CCSr. Windows Server Administrator- Financial Institution BckgNSW
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Developer (.Net)SA
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Business Analysts - Payments or Disaster RecoveryVIC
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- FTPeoplesoft CRM DeveloperWA
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer (IBM/Oracle/SQL) 160524/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCBusiness Analyst, ReportingNSW
- CCContract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626Asia
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT