After an Internet-wide search, here are the 11 blogs that depressed -- er, uh -- impressed us the most with their lameness.
Digital Home Advisor - Slideshows
Intel celebrated the launch of the Core i7 at a party in Sydney's Cruise bar. Intel boasted about releasing the fastest CPU on the planet, and provided some real-time demonstrations of video encoding and physics processing, with the Core i7 leaving the Core 2 Duo in its wake.
Ensemble Studios has released another batch of images from its upcoming real-time strategy game Halo Wars. Plot details remain thin, though a press conference held by Ensemble today revealed a little more information. Built specifically for the Xbox 360, the control scheme has been designed with a game controller in mind, making it much easier to play. The game will include a total of 15 missions with both main objectives and secondary objectives to complete at the whim of the player, with a strong story to drive the game’s levels. Expect the game to hit the Xbox 360 in late February.
From Chrono Trigger to Fallout 3, these are the RPG games everyone should play!
Boasting the largest environment ever created for a racing game, Fuel is set to revolutionise the genre. Published by Codemasters, Fuel will be released on Sony’s PlayStation 3, Microsoft’s Xbox 360 and the PC in 2009.
Over the following months, four new zombie games are set to infect our consoles: House of the Dead: Overkill, Left4Dead, Resident Evil 5 and Dead Island. Check out the following slideshow for all the gruesome screenshots!
Alienware has launched its M17 notebook, and it’s a strange-looking creature…
Everyone’s lovable hedgehog is back at it again, with a second Wii-exclusive title. Continuing the Storybook series begun with its predecessor, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Sonic and the Black Knight sees the former console mascot venture into the legend of King Arthur and the Round Table.
At Tokyo Designers Week 2008, Japanese audio company Supercent showcased an audio system based around a retro-style vacuum tube amplifier. It’s a very simple product, with playback options for radio and CDs, and a 3.5mm socket for connecting a portable audio player.
Sonos music system owners who also own an iPhone are now able to use their handsets to control the company’s multi-room music installations. The Sonos Controller for iPhone is free of charge. The only caveat is that you must have one of Sonos’ multi-room audio systems, which start at $799 per room. Sonos boasts that the Controller has the best user interface of any remote application on the iPhone. This announcement comes at the same time as news that Sonos users are now able to access 15,000 radio stations as well as Last.fm Internet music streaming. Even if the music systems are expensive, free add-ons are always welcomed!
The world’s greatest fictional real video game character returns to your screens in Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard. In his comeback role, Matt will have to fight all the enemies from his past games, including zombies, space marines and much more.
House of the Dead: Overkill is a first-person shooter, just like its four predecessors. It’s being developed by Sega exclusively for the Nintendo Wii platform and is set to be released in February 2009. Set as a prequel to the original House of the Dead video game, Overkill will have a new retro-styled look, with new graphics and sound. Check out these screen-shots from the game’s latest trailer!
This pioneering PC made instant geeks out of millions of people back in the '80s. But what lies within the Commodore 64's fetching brown shell?
Motorola has announced it will launch its low-end EM325 in November, with a price tag of just $99.
On the shop shelves just in time for Christmas, Philips has announced the launch of a series of new docking stations designed for iPods and other portable multimedia devices.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- EC says LCD screen cartel is active globally
- Sharp to increase LCD panel production on higher demand
- Dick Smith report says Australians keen to switch to digital radio
- Samsung, Numonyx to develop PCM specifications
- Faster SD cards could reach devices next year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- FTBusiness/Technical Consultant (CPM)QLD
- CCWeb Analytics AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Java Analyst Programmer - Front Office TradingNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Wealth/Super backgroundNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantTAS
- FTSenior AEM Support AnalystVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (PC LAN Support) 161028/JP/203Asia
- CCCompliance Administrator - Contracts/ ProcurementVIC
- FTSenior CISCO Network EngineerQLD
- FTTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- FTDigital Optimisation and Analytics SpecialistNSW
- FTXamarin DeveloperQLD
- CCiOS Developer - 6 Month ContractNSW
- CCApplication Support DeveloperVIC
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/Web) 161014/SA/922Asia
- CCBusiness Consultant - CPM SoftwareVIC
- CCSoftware Engineer- Linux and DevOpsNSW
- CCOracle Functional Consultant | 6mth ContractVIC
- TPProject Manager. AutomationNSW
- CCMobile Developers (IOS and Android)QLD
- CCJunior Programmer (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 161017/JP/221Asia
- FTSENIOR .Net DEVELOPERQLD