The latest iteration of the Mozilla Firefox browser is scheduled to hit the Internet in a few weeks, with Release Candidate 1 recently being made available. Boasting a host of new changes including better malware protection, easier password management and a refined download manager, Firefox 3 is more secure and simpler to use than ever.
Digital Home Advisor
Have you been caught walking down the street, headphones blaring as you hum the timeless lyrics from "The System is Down"? Then Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People from Telltale Games is for you. Take control of the boxing-glove brandishing Strong Bad as he answers e-mails, hangs with the Cheat, and generally causes trouble. The game should be out for the Wii and PC mid-year.
iPhones, broadband and gamers give reason for economic hope.
Coming in November from Epic Games, Gears of War 2 promises blood, guts and awesome action. Check out this slideshow for a sneak peak at this great looking Xbox 360 game.
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm, coming from Namco Bandai Games later this year, is the first entry for the famed ninja on the PS3. The game will feature an adventure mode with more than 100 missions, and 25 transformable fighters. Check out this slideshow for some great screenshots!
Five great accessories to take your iPhone to the next level
The Earth's natural resources are on the brink of depletion. As our economies and our way of life tumble into chaos, the superpowers clash to gain control. Set in a fictional future based upon the headlines of today, Frontlines - Fuel of War brings players into the world's next war. As society succumbs to a worldwide energy crisis, a new global depression takes hold. Against this desperate backdrop, two superpower alliances emerge. Set for release in early 2008 in Australia on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC, check out the latest screenshots of Frontlines - Fuel of War!
After languishing in suspended animation, the Alien franchise is back to terrify a whole new generation of gamers. The latest title to star H.R Giger's creepy xenomorphs is shaping up to be the best FPS adaptation yet. Slated for release on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC, the game will take its inspiration from James Cameron's action-packed sequel to the original 1986 movie. For all the latest screenshots, prime your shotgun and check out the following slideshow.
Nothing wrong with quality game sequels, but for those in search of the road less traveled, this list is for you.
Dracula: Origin is the new adventure game developed by Frogwares. The game, set to be released in Australia in 2008, gives players the opportunity to take on the role of Professor Van Helsing and chase Dracula. Dracula is on a quest for a mysterious manuscript that will give him the power to raise the dead. Check out the latest screenshots of the bloodthirsty thriller! The adventure will take you to London, Egypt, Austria and, of course, Transylvania—the vampire's famous home country.
They're back to save the world! The hit 1980s comedy about a troupe of paranormal exterminators is about to get the first-person shooter treatment, with the original cast returning to lend their voices to the game. Details are currently a bit thin on the ground, but it would appear that the game will pay homage to many of the famous scenes in the film. Ghostbusters: The Game is slated for release on all major formats, and is scheduled to hit stores by the end of the year. For a look at the latest screenshots (and some choice Ghostbusters quotes!) check out the following slideshow.
The highly anticipated sequel to the long-running RTS game is nearly upon us
Star Wars: Force Unleashed is more than just a video game; it's another chapter in the epic tale.
Ninja Gaiden 2 makes its debut on the Xbox 360 later this year.
The Bug Labs BUG is a modular, open-source gadget that allows users to create their own combinations of plug-in modules, and then customise software to take advantage of the functionality offered.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- EC says LCD screen cartel is active globally
- Sharp to increase LCD panel production on higher demand
- Dick Smith report says Australians keen to switch to digital radio
- Samsung, Numonyx to develop PCM specifications
- Faster SD cards could reach devices next year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BaselineACT
- FTVB6 DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Coordinator - My Learning Space (Oracle iLearning)NSW
- CCOperations AnalystNSW
- CCService ModellerNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/Mobile App) 160115/JP/vhaAsia
- CCProgrammer/Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Moblie) 160115/AP/P/vhaAsia
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCAngularJS DeveloperNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- CCUser Experience Designer - BaselineACT
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCETL DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer, International SoftwareNSW
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT