Following the hit success of the first game, Epic Games is set to release Gears of War 2. The second instalment in the Xbox 360-exclusive series sees the unravelling consequences of the first game's storyline. Soldiers Marcus Fenix and Dominic Santiago must return to defend humanity against a second onslaught of the Horde and defeat the Locusts once and for all. The game continues to use the beautiful Unreal 3 engine, but Epic Games has made several improvements to allow for better scenery and the rendering of large crowds of the Horde. Expect the game to hit the Xbox 360 in November.
Digital Home Advisor - Slideshows
Vivendi has released eight new screenshots of the upcoming Ghostbusters game. Featuring the voice talents of Dan Akroyd and Bill Murray, it's set to be released in Spring on all major platforms so whet your appetite for now with these screenshots!
Gamers have plenty to be excited about as an onslaught of games begins
Hot off the heels of the successful game Oblivion, Bethesda Software is set to unleash its latest creation: Fallout 3. As implied, this is the third instalment in the Fallout series, continuing the story of the post-apocalyptic wastelands of the United States. Starting in Vault 101, a fallout shelter in Washington DC, players must embark on a search for their lost father. Bethesda isn't likely to disappoint with Fallout 3. With the scope of Oblivion and up to 10,000 different endings based on the player's decisions through the game, Fallout 3 is a legend in the making. The game will be released for PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in Q4 this year.
Treyarch takes soldiers back to the frontline with the latest addition to the successful Call of Duty series -- Call of Duty: World at War. Players will return to the series' roots, once again engage the Axis forces in World War II. This time around, players will face the Japanese as they fight in the Pacific theatre, bringing a new look to the series. As both US Marines and Russians, players will take on the Japanese with new weapons and tactics at their disposal. Using the Call of Duty 4 game engine, Treyarch is bringing a new look to World War II, with the addition of cooperative gameplay to intensify the battle. The game is scheduled to hit the Wii, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC this spring.
Don't like Aerosmith? What band-specific Guitar Hero would you like to see? Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, launching 29 June, isn't just a collection of songs grouped together by artist for a stand-alone rhythm game. It's sort of like Behind the Music in interactive form, letting players vicariously relive Aerosmith's 30 year performance history in near-chronological order, from high school to international stardom. So based on mega-platinum sales on multiple occasions (read: broad appeal), a storied history, and anthemic riffs, here are the top five bands we'd like to see in their own Guitar Hero games.
So you've downloaded the Spore Creature Creator. Good for you. If you haven't, it's time to get in on the fun. Here are a few tips on how to start playing a wacko Mother Nature, followed by some examples of just wild how your imagination can run.
Before the Eee PC 901 hits Aussie shores, we go under the hood of the original Eee PC to find out what makes it tick.
Replay Studios' Velvet Assassin puts you in the boots of M16 agent Violette Summer, who is based on the historic Violette Szabo, to blow high Nazi officers' heads off in Poland, Germany and France. The game will be released on the Xbox 360 and PC this year.
The Next-Gen PC Design Competition, sponsored by Microsoft, aimed to encourage designers to submit ideas for the future of personal computing. We show you the winners, and some close runner-ups with innovative ideas.
Coming soon: Robots with tiny batteries that can climb mountains, are capable of driving up sheets of glass, can swim at high speeds around the oceans and become good friends while controlling your household appliances. Should we be worried?
Sony Ericsson's latest addition to its Cyber-shot mobile phone range sees a leap forward in camera phone technology. The C905 Cyber-shot is not only the first slide-design phone in the Cyber-shot range, it's also one of the first mobile devices to integrate an 8.1-megapixel camera. For the first time, mobile phones offer a real alternative to a compact digital camera. The phone features a Xenon flash, face-detection technology, smart contrast and an image stabiliser. The inclusion of a GPS receiver allows users to geotag their photos, ensuring they can be categorised and shared easily. The C905 is expected in Q4 2008.
We take a look at the late special-effects artist's greatest moments
Nokia recently announced two new phones for its business-focused E series, the E71 and E66.
Apple's first retail store in Australia will open in Sydney's George Street on Thursday, 19 June at 5:00p.m. Check out our sneak preview!
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- EC says LCD screen cartel is active globally
- Sharp to increase LCD panel production on higher demand
- Dick Smith report says Australians keen to switch to digital radio
- Samsung, Numonyx to develop PCM specifications
- Faster SD cards could reach devices next year
GGG Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPTechnical ConsultantNSW
- CCFullstack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Dot Net Backend Orientated DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- FTApplication Support Analyst/DeveloperNSW
- CCProject ManagerSA
- TPTechnical Support Resource-Skype for BusinessVIC
- TPDigital Strategist - Newcastle BasedNSW
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTSecurity Solutions Architect - Consultancy - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTRegional Sales ManagerACT
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Sales & Marketing Modules)ACT
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXVIC
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- TPIT Project ManagerNSW
- CCUser Experience Designer - Part time - Short contractACT
- CCSenior Project Manager x 2QLD
- FTLead PMONSW
- CCNetwork Specialist - IPAM TelcoVIC
- CCTechnical Support AnalystACT
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk Support (CISCO)QLD
- TPiOS Developer (Mobile)NSW
- TPSharePoint AnalystQLD
- CCLevel 2 IT Service DeskQLD
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Supply Chain Modules)QLD