Following the hit success of the first game, Epic Games is set to release Gears of War 2. The second instalment in the Xbox 360-exclusive series sees the unravelling consequences of the first game's storyline. Soldiers Marcus Fenix and Dominic Santiago must return to defend humanity against a second onslaught of the Horde and defeat the Locusts once and for all. The game continues to use the beautiful Unreal 3 engine, but Epic Games has made several improvements to allow for better scenery and the rendering of large crowds of the Horde. Expect the game to hit the Xbox 360 in November.
Digital Home Advisor
Vivendi has released eight new screenshots of the upcoming Ghostbusters game. Featuring the voice talents of Dan Akroyd and Bill Murray, it's set to be released in Spring on all major platforms so whet your appetite for now with these screenshots!
Gamers have plenty to be excited about as an onslaught of games begins
Hot off the heels of the successful game Oblivion, Bethesda Software is set to unleash its latest creation: Fallout 3. As implied, this is the third instalment in the Fallout series, continuing the story of the post-apocalyptic wastelands of the United States. Starting in Vault 101, a fallout shelter in Washington DC, players must embark on a search for their lost father. Bethesda isn't likely to disappoint with Fallout 3. With the scope of Oblivion and up to 10,000 different endings based on the player's decisions through the game, Fallout 3 is a legend in the making. The game will be released for PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in Q4 this year.
Treyarch takes soldiers back to the frontline with the latest addition to the successful Call of Duty series -- Call of Duty: World at War. Players will return to the series' roots, once again engage the Axis forces in World War II. This time around, players will face the Japanese as they fight in the Pacific theatre, bringing a new look to the series. As both US Marines and Russians, players will take on the Japanese with new weapons and tactics at their disposal. Using the Call of Duty 4 game engine, Treyarch is bringing a new look to World War II, with the addition of cooperative gameplay to intensify the battle. The game is scheduled to hit the Wii, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC this spring.
Don't like Aerosmith? What band-specific Guitar Hero would you like to see? Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, launching 29 June, isn't just a collection of songs grouped together by artist for a stand-alone rhythm game. It's sort of like Behind the Music in interactive form, letting players vicariously relive Aerosmith's 30 year performance history in near-chronological order, from high school to international stardom. So based on mega-platinum sales on multiple occasions (read: broad appeal), a storied history, and anthemic riffs, here are the top five bands we'd like to see in their own Guitar Hero games.
So you've downloaded the Spore Creature Creator. Good for you. If you haven't, it's time to get in on the fun. Here are a few tips on how to start playing a wacko Mother Nature, followed by some examples of just wild how your imagination can run.
Before the Eee PC 901 hits Aussie shores, we go under the hood of the original Eee PC to find out what makes it tick.
Replay Studios' Velvet Assassin puts you in the boots of M16 agent Violette Summer, who is based on the historic Violette Szabo, to blow high Nazi officers' heads off in Poland, Germany and France. The game will be released on the Xbox 360 and PC this year.
The Next-Gen PC Design Competition, sponsored by Microsoft, aimed to encourage designers to submit ideas for the future of personal computing. We show you the winners, and some close runner-ups with innovative ideas.
Coming soon: Robots with tiny batteries that can climb mountains, are capable of driving up sheets of glass, can swim at high speeds around the oceans and become good friends while controlling your household appliances. Should we be worried?
Sony Ericsson's latest addition to its Cyber-shot mobile phone range sees a leap forward in camera phone technology. The C905 Cyber-shot is not only the first slide-design phone in the Cyber-shot range, it's also one of the first mobile devices to integrate an 8.1-megapixel camera. For the first time, mobile phones offer a real alternative to a compact digital camera. The phone features a Xenon flash, face-detection technology, smart contrast and an image stabiliser. The inclusion of a GPS receiver allows users to geotag their photos, ensuring they can be categorised and shared easily. The C905 is expected in Q4 2008.
We take a look at the late special-effects artist's greatest moments
Nokia recently announced two new phones for its business-focused E series, the E71 and E66.
Apple's first retail store in Australia will open in Sydney's George Street on Thursday, 19 June at 5:00p.m. Check out our sneak preview!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- EC says LCD screen cartel is active globally
- Sharp to increase LCD panel production on higher demand
- Dick Smith report says Australians keen to switch to digital radio
- Samsung, Numonyx to develop PCM specifications
- Faster SD cards could reach devices next year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- FTSQL DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTIT Support Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia