Massively-multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPG) are the result of many players deciding that acting like an elf or spaceship captain is more interesting with actual humans around. Here are some of the games we consider the best of all time.
Digital Home Advisor - Slideshows
Casino Royale relaunched the popular James Bond film franchise in 2006, and now Treyarch Studios looks to do the same for the video game series with the release of Quantum of Solace. Powered by the Call of Duty 4 graphics engine, the latest addition to the James Bond series will tell the stories of both Casino Royale and the upcoming sequel, Quantum of Solace. The game will use a mix of both first-person and third-person perspectives. The game is slated for a release on all current generation consoles in October.
The most important thing about a personal video recorder, apart from its technical features, is its interface. As well as talking about what the TiVO HD can do, we take you through its easy-to-use menus.
Recently, we had the chance to play around with Spore, Sims creator Will Wright's much-anticipated game that lets you experience your own brand of evolution. Spore essentially lets players play god, evolving creatures from the cell (tide pool) phase, eventually bringing them to land and evolving civilisations to space and beyond.
This week, Philips Australia launched its Consumer Lifestyle product range for 2008 against the eerie backdrop of a closed Lunar Park. Although the carnival atmosphere was lacking, there was still plenty to get excited about at the low-key event, with new HD TVs, home theatre systems, DVD recorders and multimedia players jostling for room among a deluge of homeware and grooming products. For a look at some of the highlights, check out the following slideshow.
de Blob is a simplistic game for the Nintendo DS and Wii, focusing on a central creature -- called de Blob -- entirely composed of paint. As de Blob your job is to restore colour to an entire city by rolling into objects and buildings and splattering them with paint. It's a simple premise, but the game promises to be a lot of fun. It's released in late September, so check out these screenshots to pass the time!
The Incredible Hulk is going to try to break the trend of poor movie-to-game adaptations. Released to coincide with the movie of the same name, the latest game from Edge of Reality sees players step into the shoes of Bruce Banner as he battles with his split personality. The game has a similar gameplay mechanism to The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, with heavy use of sandbox-style gameplay. As the Hulk, players get the chance to battle with familiar foes, including the Abomination, Bi-Beast, the Army and even Iron Man. All this is done in an incredibly realistic environment based on the movie. The game is released locally on the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii and PC on 10 July.
The Acer Aspire One is set to compete with ASUS' Eee PC and HP's Mini-Note PC. It's pretty much the same size as the Eee PC, but has some exciting features (including Intel's Atom CPU) and it looks fantastic. If you're after a new ultraportable laptop, or 'netbook', as the manufacturers like to call them, this one is as just as good as the Eee PC, if not better.
The sequel to the PlayStation 3 launch title Resistance: Fall of Man, Resistance 2 sees players continuing the fight against the aggressive alien invader that has captured Earth. The game features two separate campaigns, eight player co-operative gaming, and support for up to 60 players playing simultaneously online. It should be released around November, so you'll have to pass the time by looking at these latest screenshots!
Released yesterday, the D700 is a 12.1 megapixel digital SLR camera with a wide range of features borrowed from Nikon's flagship D300 model.
HP recently created quite a buzz by announcing its first affordable 30-bit display panel. The DreamColour LP2480zx is a 24in display that will be ideal for a host of professionals, including graphic designers, animators and video editors.
The AVIC-F500BT and the AVIC-F900BT are Pioneer's next generation of in-car integrated solutions. The AVIC-F series combines in-car entertainment systems with the latest in navigation technology and information systems. Both units offer a complete audio and visual experience that can control and communicate with portable devices such as Bluetooth-enabled mobile phones, MP3 players and iPods. The units will be available in Australia in mid-July from Pioneer dealerships. In the meantime, check out these images!
Blizzard Entertainment used its World Invitational event in France over the weekend to announce the latest addition to its repertoire of award winning video games, Diablo III. The game is currently being developed for both Macintosh and PC, though no release date is known.
Italian architect David Fisher has designed a pair of novel rotating apartment buildings. Construction has begun on a rotating skyscraper made entirely of pre-fabricated parts named the 'Dynamic Tower'.
Set in a fictional war over Venezuela's oil supply, Mercenaries 2: World in Flames throws you into the boots of a mercenary (surprise, surprise) caught up in the chaos. Utilising a huge array of the latest technology, including weapons, cars, tanks and boats, you must do anything you can to meet the goals of your contract. Featuring co-operative multiplayer, destructible environments and the ability to create your own mercenary company, World in Flames is set to be a blast. Are you ready to sell your services to the highest bidder?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- EC says LCD screen cartel is active globally
- Sharp to increase LCD panel production on higher demand
- Dick Smith report says Australians keen to switch to digital radio
- Samsung, Numonyx to develop PCM specifications
- Faster SD cards could reach devices next year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CC.Net DeveloperWA
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- CCFunctional Consultant - MS Dynamics AXQLD
- FTProgram SchedulerNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/XML) 161018/JP/922Asia
- CCService Analyst (12-month contract)Asia
- CCCloud Security Services SpecialistVIC
- CCApplications Support Technical OfficerACT
- FTGateway ManagerACT
- FTJava Developer - Canberra RoleNSW
- FTLevel 2 Application SupportVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-month renewable Contract)Asia
- FTDigital DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Siebel Business AnalystACT
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (Oracle/SSADM) 161027/SSA/634Asia
- CCTechnology Training ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCResident Operation Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Internet/ Intranet) 161025/JP/vhaAsia