Intel released its latest-generation Centrino platform yesterday -- Centrino 2, which is also known by its codename 'Montevina'. There is a big push for high-definition content with the new platform, which Intel says will decode Blu-ray movies better than the Santa Rosa platform (the previous-generation Centrino platform) and also last longer while not plugged in to an outlet. Nearly all notebook vendors were present at the launch today, but Dell and Apple were conspicuously absent.
Digital Home Advisor - Slideshows
Soulcalibur IV, despite the name, is the fifth game in the Soulcalibur arcade fighting series. As one of 36 characters - including Yoda and Darth Vader -- players once again step into the arena to do battle against each other. It will feature revamped graphics, several new characters, and Force-based abilities for Star Wars characters. Competitive online play is a first for the series, and is simply one of many improvements made to the franchise. The game is currently slated for release at the end of the month for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
The newest instalment in the popular Final Fantasy franchise, Final Fantasy XIII, is slowly taking form. Little is known about the game's storyline at present, but the game follows the same vein as its predecessors: an RPG with brilliant graphics and an immersive plot. Square Enix announced at E3 this year that the game will be released on both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, though no date has yet been set.
Today at E3 Microsoft announced a revamped dashboard for the Xbox 360, replacing that one the console shipped with. In the same vein as its competitor, the Nintendo Wii, the new dashboard will use a channel system to browse content. The interface will also integrate avatars, the Xbox 360's version of the Wii's Miis. The avatars, designed by Rare Interactive, will be able to socialise with other Xbox Live members and help create a player identity. No release date is yet known for the Xbox 360 update.
The console mascot everyone loves, Mario, is heading to yet another sports arena in an effort to draw the kiddies away from their Xbox 360s and PlayStation 3s. Mario Super Sluggers sees Mario and the gang head to the baseball field in yet another sports-related character-based game reminiscent of Mario Strikers Charged. Forty two characters slug it out on nine different fields as they battle to see who the best baseball player is. The game was released on the Wii in Japan last month, and is expected to have a local release later this year.
On gaming's biggest stage, these eight figures fell on their faces.
Linux fans long awaiting a mobile phone that runs the open source operating system can finally rejoice!
We managed to get our hands on the all-new iPhone 3G from Apple
Motorola has continued to extend the life of its iconic RAZR handset, this time teaming up with Italian sports car manufacturer Ferrari to produce the RAZR2 V9 Ferrari Special Edition. Check out our slideshow of this new beast!
While we're enduring winter, over in the US summer is just kicking into gear. And nothing says summer more than a bunch of awesome gear and toys. GamePro (US) went out and rounded up some amazing tech that's sure to help you maximise your time in the sun. Once we finally get some Down Under! So grab your lawn chairs and your sunscreen as we unveil GamePro's Summer Vacation Gear Guide for 2008.
Summary: Gamepro polled its editorial team, scoured the internet, and given special attention to original efforts to develop the following list of 25 games, all of which has us giddy with the prospects. So with exception to unknown announcements, you can confidently count on these babies to be shown this year... and hopefully playable.
A set of new screenshots have just been released of Starcraft 2, showcasing intricate character and model detail, as well as the vast environments on which players will be battling. Check out scenes of Terran armies, Protoss cities and Zerg hordes in our latest slideshow!
Gearbox software returns to World War II with Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway. The third iteration in the popular squad-based, third-person shooter sees players once again take the role of Matt Baker as he takes part in the pivotal Operation Market Garden. The new game will improve on the series' past strengths, incorporating new AI and revitalised squad-based tactics. Built using the Unreal 3 engine, Hell's Highway will introduce a new look to the battlefield. The game is due to be released on the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC in August.
Field Day lets ham radio operators prep for disaster.
Rockstar San Diego allows gamers to return to the streets in the fourth instalment in the Midnight Club video game franchise with Midnight Club: Los Angeles. As the name suggests, the fourth iteration of the popular street racing series will take place in LA. Players have the ability to roam the streets of LA freely and participate in street races. The game uses the RAGE game engine, the same as Rockstar's other success, Grand Theft Auto IV, so expect an intense experience. The game is set to hit PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in October.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- EC says LCD screen cartel is active globally
- Sharp to increase LCD panel production on higher demand
- Dick Smith report says Australians keen to switch to digital radio
- Samsung, Numonyx to develop PCM specifications
- Faster SD cards could reach devices next year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTLead Front End DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Consultant/ArchitectNSW
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraNSW
- FTInfrastructure EngineerQLD
- FTBusiness Development ManagerQLD
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkVIC
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerWA
- CCOnsite Level 2 Desktop SupportNSW
- FTBusiness Development AnalystVIC
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCProject Manager - Community Transport SolutionsACT
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCSoftware Engineer - Submarine simulation and testing - MELBOURNEACT
- CCPerformance Test AnalystSA
- CCChange or Project Manager- Electrical Network EngineeringNSW
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTSEM / PPC SpecialistNSW
- FTSecurity Operations EngineerNSW
- CCMainframe ArchitectVIC
- FTSalesforce Solutions Architect/DeveloperNSW
- FTDesktop Delivery Team LeaderVIC
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperQLD