The popular NFL game series from EA Sports is back with its 20th anniversary instalment.
Digital Home Advisor - Slideshows
Unveiled on the company's Google Maps Web site today, Google Street View is an amazingly comprehensive photographic guide to almost all Australia's major roads and cities. We go for a little test drive...
The eighth instalment in the popular football video game franchise, Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 is the latest creation to come out of Konami.
Have you ever loved your robot and wished it could love you back? Now a team in the UK has combined puppetry, sensors, robotic actuators and 'emotions' to create the Heart Robot.
FIFA 09 is the latest instalment of EA Sports' popular football video game and the new version includes more than 250 improvements in core game play.
The Linux version of the Aspire One ships with 512MB of RAM. However, there is a free SO-DIMM slot for you to add a DDR2 module but it can be tricky to get to it, as there is no access panel underneath the unit.
Who doesn't want better graphics quality from their notebook PC? You can get there by doing it yourself. But be warned: If the upgrade is possible at all for your laptop, it can be a time-consuming operation that involves disassembling virtually your entire notebook, so don't enter into this process unless you are willing to accept the risk of doing serious harm to your machine. That said, if done properly, this project can give you noticeably higher frame rates in the end. The process should take about 45 minutes all up, and it's not a procedure for novices. Here's how we did it...<br><i>Photograph: Charlie Nucci</i>
The iPhone phenomenon is well and truly in force since the launch of the iPhone 3G in Australia last month. With this in mind, competitors are clamouring for a piece of the pie and are set to begin launching potential 'iPhone killers' in a bid to derail the Apple machine.
The Web-browser-based iView program is the latest video-on-demand venture from the nation's ABC television network. With arts, documentary, news and a host of other programs on demand, there's plenty of content available to any user with a sufficiently fast broadcast connection. Check out this slideshow for a look at the interface and some of the content available.
The PlayStation 2 is almost 10 years old, but the platform hasn't aged a bit and remains the best-selling console to date. Even with the PlayStation 3 being out for nearly two years, its predecessor is still being played today with titles that are still relevant and worth playing. Here is the definitive list of the 36 must-own games for the PS2.
Introversion, the purveyors of 2D stickman mayhem are back with a multiplayer sequel to their retro action puzzler; Darwinia. The new game will feature six separate game modes, including King of the Hill (occupy key zones around a map to score points) and Capture the Statue (lift and carry stone idols to the required zone while fighting off enemy players). Multiwinia promises to retain the same mix of humour, addictiveness and trippy environments that made the original game so popular. For a glimpse at some of the latest screen shots, check out the following slideshow.
The original Geometry Wars was best known as a mini-game available from the Xbox Live Arcade for the Xbox 360. The next incarnation -- predictably enough called Geometry Wars 2 -- offers new gameplay styles and even prettier graphics. It's as yet unknown when the game will be released, but rest assured it'll be confined to the Xbox 360. Check out the slideshows to take a peek at humanity's pixelated future!
The fifth installation in a successful series, God of War III once again follows the path of Spartan Kratos as he proves himself to the gods of Olympus in an attempt become a God of War. Details remain sketchy on the game at present, but it is believed the game will bring the series' story to an end. The game is the first in the series to be developed natively for PlayStation 3. The game is currently slated for exclusive release on the PlayStation 3 in 2009.
Wii Sports Resort is the latest first-party title to come out of Nintendo with a clear focus on the family and non-gamers. Using the recently announced Wii MotionPlus accessory, players will be able to participate in up to 10 different sports with 1:1 motion accuracy. At present, Nintendo has only announced Frisbee, Jet Skiing and Fencing as sports to be included in the title. The game is currently slated for a spring 2009 release on the Nintendo Wii.
Based on the action movie Wanted, this shooter continues straight where the film left off. Featuring an all-new cover system and a targeting system called Assassin Time, Wanted is one of the most anticipated shooter launches of 2008. As Wesley Gibson, you will be introduced to a new life and wield powers that you never knew existed. This third-person shooter will feature iconic moves from the film including curving bullets. Set for release in late 2008, check out the latest screenshots of Wanted!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- EC says LCD screen cartel is active globally
- Sharp to increase LCD panel production on higher demand
- Dick Smith report says Australians keen to switch to digital radio
- Samsung, Numonyx to develop PCM specifications
- Faster SD cards could reach devices next year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCContract Programmer (Internet/Intranet) 161019/P/615Asia
- CCContract IT Helpdesk Support (Lotus Notes) 161007/ITHS/vmpAsia
- CCApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCICT Business AnalystACT
- FTAX Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerSA
- CCSystems Engineer - NetApp, Exchange, ADNSW
- FTSenior .Net Software EngineerVIC
- FTSoftware Development ManagerNSW
- CCAutomation Test AnalystNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161020/ITA/652Asia
- CCIT Manager - ANZNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCUnix Project LeadNSW
- CCCloud Security Services SpecialistVIC
- CCSystem TestersQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst- (MQC, QTP, BPMN, Visio or System Architect;NSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Internet/ Intranet) 161025/JP/vhaAsia
- CCSAS DI DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL) 161018/AP/812Asia
- CCLevel 3 Microsoft Resource EngineerVIC
- FTNetwork and Security Engineer - Checkpoint, Firewalls, VPNNSW
- CCData Centre EngineerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/Web) 161014/SA/922Asia
- FTScrum MasterNSW