A top official from Microsoft's developer division showcased an array of new development technologies this week, including a demo of the game World of Warcraft running within the company's Visual Studio integrated development environment.
Digital Home Advisor - News
Nvidia and a number of other equipment makers OEMs have introduced a specification that they claim is the industry's first open-standard PC monitoring and control protocol.
ESET Australia has announced it is offering Australian owners of antivirus suites a free cross grade to its new Smart Security product.
Hewlett-Packard began taking preorders for its MediaSmart Server, the first system from a major manufacturer powered by Microsoft's Windows Home Server (WHS) software.
It doesn't include planned Leopard enhancements, but Firefox developers have released an update to their open-source software, fixing bugs that had been causing the browser to crash at startup, render Web pages improperly or disable add-ons for some ...
Leopard's firewall is confusing, inconsistent, switched off by default and incompatible with some applications, a security researcher said after analyzing the new security tool.
The first-ever "fake codec" Trojan malware for the Apple Macintosh was identified yesterday by Intego, a maker of Internet security software for the Mac.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- EC says LCD screen cartel is active globally
- Sharp to increase LCD panel production on higher demand
- Dick Smith report says Australians keen to switch to digital radio
- Samsung, Numonyx to develop PCM specifications
- Faster SD cards could reach devices next year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportQLD
- FTTechnical Account ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- TPSystem AdministratorQLD
- CCSenior Security AnalystACT
- CCeLearning Support Officer - Moodle/Google appsACT
- TPBusiness Intelligence AnalystQLD
- FTTechnical Content CoordinatorVIC
- TPDynamics CRM Technical Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- FTSenior Systems AdministratorWA
- TPPMO SchedulerNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Travel and Expense Management SystemQLD
- FTSenior AEM Consultant - Public SectorACT
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- TPLevel 3 Systems EngineerWA
- FTSAP Business Objects ConsultantACT
- TPSenior Test Analyst - DETEQLD
- TPJava DeveloperSA
- CCApplication PackagerVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXSA
- CCWebMethod DeveloperSA