Comcast continues to slow down customers' connections to some P-to-P (peer-to-peer) applications, using hacker-like techniques against its own subscribers, according to a report released by the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF).
Digital Home Advisor - News
Prime Minister-elect Kevin Rudd today announced that Stephen Conroy will retain the communications portfolio.
Microsoft on Thursday said the Xbox 360 in 2007 delivered the best video game lineup of all time, calling it "a year to remember."
Telstra Big Pond subscribers will be the first customers of a new 300-seat contact centre which opened in Queensland today.
Universal Music Group (UMG) and its subsidiary Deutsche Grammophon (DG) is set to make the majority of its huge classical music catalogue available online for download. The DG Web Shop launches today.
Video games that include an online element expose players and publishers to a host of new risks for which they must prepare. That's the message from French lobbying group the Internet Rights Forum, which issued guidelines for publishers and legislato...
Windows XP, Microsoft's most popular operating system, sports the same encryption flaws that Israeli researchers recently disclosed in Windows 2000, Microsoft officials confirmed late Tuesday.
Even if you never use Amazon.com's new Kindle e-reader to download books wirelessly, the device is the forerunner of a number of limited-purpose wireless devices that are expected to hit the market in the next few years.
A new Trojan horse that started to spread early Sunday via Microsoft's instant messaging client has already infected about 11,000 PCs, a security company said Monday.
Perth-based iiNet launched its naked DSL broadband service today, making it the first Australian ISP to offer the service nationally through its ADSL2+ network, according to the company.
Microsoft has released its November security updates, fixing a critical Windows bug that has been exploited by online criminals.
Avaya will make it possible to turn an iPhone into a node on the corporate PBX network, something iPhone users (if not corporate phone executives) want.
Microsoft has scheduled just two security updates for Tuesday to fix flaws in Windows 2000, XP and Server 2003. One of the two is a leftover from October that was bumped at the last minute.
If Microsoft's Windows Vista were graded for its first year, the report card would read "not meeting expectations," analysts said a year and a day after the operating system code went gold and was sent off for duplication.
Sony Ericsson has introduced a "world standard" 3G USB modem, and has extended its relationship with Google by announcing its first mobile phone with Google Maps and RSS newsfeeds as standard.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- EC says LCD screen cartel is active globally
- Sharp to increase LCD panel production on higher demand
- Dick Smith report says Australians keen to switch to digital radio
- Samsung, Numonyx to develop PCM specifications
- Faster SD cards could reach devices next year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Project Manager - Vendor Transition - ApplicationsNSW
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW
- FTIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- TP.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTWeb Front- End DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- TPProject Manager - EnterpriseACT
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetQLD
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Engineer - Finance PackagesQLD
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetVIC
- FTSalesforce Technical Business Analyst (Brisbane based)NSW
- TPProject CoordintorVIC
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire DevelopersQLD
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - SQLACT
- TPAndroid DeveloperSA
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD