Australian researchers announced this week that they have created a 60GHz, CMOS single-chip radio that can transmit 5 gigabits per second over about 30 feet.
Digital Home Advisor - News
Television over the Internet -- known to many as IPTV -- is the technology landline operators hope will let them compete with cable providers and others in offering bundles of services to customers.
Microsoft issued four critical updates Tuesday that quashed 12 bugs in Office, the company's business suite, including a flaw in Excel that has been exploited by attackers for more than two months.
A noted ActiveX researcher Monday revealed a bug in RealNetworks' RealPlayer that could be exploited by attackers to hijack Windows machines running nternet Explorer.
More than 25 low-cost notebooks based on Intel's upcoming Atom processor are in the works, including models from multinational PC vendors, according to the chip maker's top executive in Asia.
Hewlett-Packard Monday offered a peek into future printing technologies, introducing a new inkjet printer that prints thousands of pages per minute and ink that retains its shine even when exposed to extreme elements.
Microsoft on Friday asked that a lawsuit claiming it duped consumers in a Windows Vista marketing program be suspended while the company appeals a judge's decision to grant the case class-action status.
Spam originating from Google's Gmail domain doubled last month, indicating that spammers are still defeating the CAPTCHA, the distorted text used as a security test to thwart mass registration of e-mail accounts and other Web site abuse.
Just because the game doesn't support voice chat, doesn't mean you can't.
Samsung Electronics and Adidas have joined the race against Apple and Nike to offer people a device that plays music and keeps track of workouts.
Internet Explorer 8, the just-previewed browser from Microsoft, blocks access to the company's Windows Update service, company representatives have confirmed.
Microsoft's rivals have applauded some of what they've seen in the new Internet Explorer 8, but the browser maker that's complained to antitrust regulators in Europe said the changes don't address all its concerns.
While Apple's iPhone 2.0 software announcement last week includes vastly improved security protections, questions remain over whether it will meet the demands of large corporations, such as banks, that must meet rigid government standards for data pr...
Start-up NovaShield says that in May it will release its first security product for the PC, behavior-based detection software designed to catch, quarantine and eradicate malware not ordinarily detected by signature-based antivirus products.
Dungeons & Dragons fans this week are mourning the death of Gary Gygax, 69, co-creator of what went from being a popular face-to-face game to being a much played online game as well.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- EC says LCD screen cartel is active globally
- Sharp to increase LCD panel production on higher demand
- Dick Smith report says Australians keen to switch to digital radio
- Samsung, Numonyx to develop PCM specifications
- Faster SD cards could reach devices next year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Vendor Transition - ApplicationsNSW
- CCMicrosoft Systems EngineerVIC
- FTMicrosoft Systems EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall ExpertVIC
- FTSenior AEM Consultant - Public SectorACT
- CCReporting AnalystVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTTechnology Testing Services ManagerVIC
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- FTTechnology Testing CoordinatorQLD
- FTC ProgrammerACT
- FTJunior Design Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW
- FTSDLC CoordinatorACT
- CCDigital Business Analyst l SalesforceNSW
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD
- CCChange ManagerQLD
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW